Odyssey² / Videopac - Thunderball! - NTSC - Slow Speed - 1,015,000 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

    This poll is closed
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Odyssey² / Videopac - Thunderball! - NTSC - Slow Speed - 1,015,000 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

    08-13-2018, 11:18 AM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Slow Speed
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2589
    Rules
    Press Button (5) on the Alpha-Numeric Keypad.
    Submission Message

    Rollover


    Final score

    Hardware/Settings in beginning, game at 5:33-apologies for not showing "button 5" selection at beginning of attempt, ball speed is visibly faster on the other variation, and verbal confirmation has been allowed on other systems.
    Shout out to RTM, hope you get a blast from the past-isn't a VHS tape, but still...
    :)

    Well, this is interesting.
    That's basically why I am subbing it, not necessarily proud of the attempt, but it happened-if this is not cool, or an unspoken glitch thing, I can totally buy that, so please don't bust on me for the attempt-I just wanted to see what was going to happen when it reached 999,900, no way I was stopping it.
    Had to end the game on a reset, it was evidently going to go on for infinity, but I was just interested in getting it to rollover(or not).
    Again, I'm totally ok with public opinion on this, but it's just too darned "oops" to pass up sharing.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    ("Add evidence" will take a while, sorry...).
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  2. 08-13-2018, 03:05 PM
    To reiterate on this one, particularly @Rage , Unmentionable as he may be, hehe, w/o getting irked at me, seriously let me know if this is looney tunes, I'm seriously not sure.
    Was just too funny to pass up sharing, really, one way or the other.
    :)
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  3. 08-13-2018, 08:20 PM
    LOL..That is crazy!

    The ball getting stuck stationary accumulating points, would be an easy DQ. It kept moving, though I believe it glitched - In all the years I've played and watched others play, if it were part of the game, I think I would have seen it happen before. The ball usually stays there for a little bit. So though the ball was moving, it was stuck.

    Another angle: I see it as highly unlikely, but let's say it is part of the game - Should it be looked at as luck of the draw, or the 'spirit' of the game being killed?

    I'm ok with whatever the public decides.



    Pitcrew!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 08-13-2018, 10:31 PM
    Obviously a bug, but such a perfect bug.

    The screen is mirror symmetrical, so there is the remote possibility of the ball's finding a permanently stable orbit.

    Seems that Mr Poco has realised that remote possibility.

    Unless someone finds a reliable way to make this happen, this is a once in a lifetime game.

    I say we historically preserve this unique occurrence, by accepting this score.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 08-14-2018, 07:08 AM
    haha that's great! But no, I don't feel this is valid, as you were no longer actively playing the game.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 08-14-2018, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    haha that's great! But no, I don't feel this is valid, as you were no longer actively playing the game.

    Having slept on it, I actually agree, and definitely appreciate everyone's input in the spirit it was intended-
    I did not know myself if this would be valid, so what better way to find out than put it to adjudication.

    I am also agreeing with the "haha that's great!"-absolutely flipping crazy, lol!


    I'm guessing it's the "monkeys in a room eventually writing Shakespeare" theory, I just play SOOO many games, every now and then something unexpected is inevitable.

    So heads up, I'm gonna cancel this very soon.

    No worries, and thanks for the opinion!
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  7. 08-14-2018, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    LOL..That is crazy!

    The ball getting stuck stationary accumulating points, would be an easy DQ. It kept moving, though I believe it glitched - In all the years I've played and watched others play, if it were part of the game, I think I would have seen it happen before. The ball usually stays there for a little bit. So though the ball was moving, it was stuck.

    Another angle: I see it as highly unlikely, but let's say it is part of the game - Should it be looked at as luck of the draw, or the 'spirit' of the game being killed?

    I'm ok with whatever the public decides.



    Pitcrew!
    Hey, I'm gonna slap this with a cancel soon, just a heads-up!


    I'll do it the hard way...eventually!
    :P
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  8. 08-14-2018, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Having slept on it, I actually agree, and definitely appreciate everyone's input in the spirit it was intended-
    I did not know myself if this would be valid, so what better way to find out than put it to adjudication.

    I am also agreeing with the "haha that's great!"-absolutely flipping crazy, lol!


    I'm guessing it's the "monkeys in a room eventually writing Shakespeare" theory, I just play SOOO many games, every now and then something unexpected is inevitable.

    So heads up, I'm gonna cancel this very soon.

    No worries, and thanks for the opinion!
    Back when I was playing WildSnake for SNES, it glitched out and just started racking up the points like crazy. I let it run for half an hour or so. I should post that video to youtube or something...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  9. 08-14-2018, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Obviously a bug, but such a perfect bug.

    The screen is mirror symmetrical, so there is the remote possibility of the ball's finding a permanently stable orbit.

    Seems that Mr Poco has realised that remote possibility.

    Unless someone finds a reliable way to make this happen, this is a once in a lifetime game.

    I say we historically preserve this unique occurrence, by accepting this score.
    Haha, thanks a Million for the support, but I'm gonna cancel this one-I agree, very unique, and pretty darned funny, but it really does seem kinda "ummm".
    :)


    Actually gonna wait on a response from you before I do the "cancel", figure out the best way to warn people.
    Likes Almighty Dreadlock liked this post
  10. 08-14-2018, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Haha, thanks a Million for the support, but I'm gonna cancel this one-I agree, very unique, and pretty darned funny, but it really does seem kinda "ummm".
    Yeh, we should probably dump this one in the novelty bin, since you didn't actually flip the ball into position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Actually gonna wait on a response from you before I do the "cancel", figure out the best way to warn people.
    As for warning voters, how about this .6.9.?



    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGeNyC liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us