Thread

M.A.M.E. - Mario Bros. [Japan] - Points [Single Player Only] - 3,436,170 - Adrian Rodriguez

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. 09-07-2018, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    "That's on you guys"? You can't submit with no INP and leave a comment like this and hope to get it accepted. I was hoping you could get it accepted too so I could play the game again. :-)
    Not sure what you mean I guess. I wasn't the submitter. I was simply stating since I've quoting on all submissions that don't have videos, that this submission does have a video, but no INP. And I literally have no clue what an INP file is, haha. I do know that a couple guys analyze them and say whether the settings are correct or not. I meant "That's on you guys" as in the guys who break down the INP. As for the video, it looks good from what I have watched.

Sorry for the confusion Ripper.
    Thanks Ripper thanked this post
  2. 09-07-2018, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Not sure what you mean I guess. I wasn't the submitter. I was simply stating since I've quoting on all submissions that don't have videos, that this submission does have a video, but no INP. And I literally have no clue what an INP file is, haha. I do know that a couple guys analyze them and say whether the settings are correct or not. I meant "That's on you guys" as in the guys who break down the INP. As for the video, it looks good from what I have watched.

Sorry for the confusion Ripper.
    Oops, that's my bad. For some reason I glanced over this and was thinking it was the submitter and I thought it was kind of odd. I've always saw MAME submissions with the INP but maybe things have changed on here over time? I would use MAME and use "Play and record INP" within the MAME menu and it records the whole game but not in a video format. It can be played back in MAME and even fast forwarded if needed.

So, is there a INP submitted too or just the video?
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
  3. 09-08-2018, 09:01 AM
    The official MAME submission guidelines can be found here: https://www.twingalaxies.com/help

Item 1 in that section:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dips.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	71298

As explained by others, the .inp is a recording of the gameplay inputs, which allows others to replay the game on their WolfMAME environment, and verify the performance is genuine. No .inp has been included on this thread, so acceptance is not possible - voting no for now until the .inp is added.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us