Thread

Dispute: Shaun Michaud - PlayStation 2 - Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Easy Difficulty - Class S - Special Stage Route 5 II [Fastest Race] - Player: Frankie Cardulla - Score: 02:12.659

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
  1. Dispute: Shaun Michaud - PlayStation 2 - Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Easy Difficulty - Class S - Special Stage Route 5 II [Fastest Race] - Player: Frankie Cardulla - Score: 02:12.659

10-03-2018, 07:36 PM
    PlayStation 2 - Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Easy Difficulty - Class S - Special Stage Route 5 II [Fastest Race]
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=18597
    Rules2 laps.
    Arcade mode tracks, using ONLY Arcade mode cars.
    Players MAY use their memory card in the system so that they have access to any earned and unlocked Arcade mode tracks and cars, but use of your Home Garage cars is NOT ALLOWED.Wall Riding is prohibited. Wall Riding is the act of using a wall to manoeuvre around a corner instead of attempting the corner normally.
    Player NameFrankie Cardulla
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodVideo
    Verification Date2007-11-16
    Disputed Score02:12.659 (Rank 1)
    Disputed ByMyOwnWorstEnemy
    Dispute Evidence / RationaleThe elapsed time for this race is not possible and likely a typo. The time is not showing correctly on this dispute form. A snip of the what the time actually is, as displayed on the track leaderboard is below.

The fastest lap recorded by the same player is 1:10.668. The distance for the Easy difficulty race is 2 laps. The elapsed time for the best lap x 2 = 2:21.336, nine seconds slower than the time listed on the leaderboard.

The race always starts from a stop position. So the first lap is always several seconds slower than the subsequent lap, since those laps start from a moving position. The difference between the first lap and subsequent laps will vary depending on car class. For the S class, it probably ranges from 6.5 to 9 seconds. This would estimate the elapsed time for a two lap race would likely range from ~ 2:28 to 2:30.5.
  2. Comparison Performance

10-04-2018, 08:28 AM
    I posted a submission for this track. Please use the link to view the performance as a comparison to the time that I'm disputing. And to keep it on point, I'm disputing the time and not the player. This is likely a typo or a time applied to the wrong track. I have nothing but respect for Frankie as a skilled competitor.
    “Marconi is a good fellow. Let him continue. He is using seventeen of my patents.”
    ~Tesla
Join us