Playstation 4 PSN - Pinball FX 3 - Alien Vs. Predator - 5 Minute Challenge - 3,059,432,959 - brandon kelly

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    This poll is closed
  1. Playstation 4 PSN - Pinball FX 3 - Alien Vs. Predator - 5 Minute Challenge - 3,059,432,959 - brandon kelly

10-08-2018, 04:06 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Alien Vs. Predator - 5 Minute Challenge
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=213282
    Rules

Default Settings. No pausing or continues allowed. 5 minute time limit, as per the internal game clock only. You may use any earned Wizard Power level-up upgrades.

Submission Message

game starts around 3:48

2. 10-08-2018, 06:47 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised if that gets patched!
    Can you try that in normal mode?
  3. 10-08-2018, 06:58 AM
    i dont know. the two other scores besides mine that have cracked a billion have been up for a while. Theyre also pretty good about mentioning any bugs on their homescreen, and so far I havent seen anything there either. After watching the tape back though, you dont just have to reach the bumpers to get it to work, cause it was my third or fourth shot up there, but you have to reach the back wall.
  4. 10-08-2018, 07:13 AM
    It appears Mr. Pinball Fancy Pants Cohen will not be having the record on this one. (lol) @Marcade
    Thanks speedy47591 thanked this post
    Likes speedy47591 liked this post
  5. 10-08-2018, 07:41 AM
    Not trying to be a jerk but isn't this bumper stuck deal a glitch? And aren't glitches frowned upon in the TG community? And doesn't it kind of render the game completely unfun to play? Get ball stuck, done.
    Thanks Marcade, speedy47591 thanked this post
    Likes speedy47591 liked this post
  6. 10-08-2018, 07:53 AM
    I dont know if it s a glitch or not. Like i said when I was talking before I even started playing, the first time I did it was during pathfinder mode , so I thought maybe I got the ball stuck in the pyramids turning mechanism, and that was an intentional part of the design since the whole gimic is that the pyramid changes shape. And as far as glitches being frowned on or not allowed, I always operated under the assumption that if they weren't allowed the track rules would say so.
  7. 10-08-2018, 08:10 AM
    My biggest concern here is this getting patched in the future.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
  8. 10-08-2018, 08:28 AM
    Although I love that you got this score, I do believe it is a design flaw with the game. An unintended consequences of the physics and rules programmed into that particular part of the table. Is this a "glitch" or just bad programming?

No other pinball game gives billions of points of bonus for simply getting the ball into an area and waiting a few minutes while the points rack up.

I would bet 9:1 that they will release a patch for this.

Now here is the tricky part. Is this a glitch? Is this leeching? Do we allow "just a little bit of leeching" i.e. yo can do it for X seconds but no more?

I want to reject this score, but I don't believe that 10 seconds in that area should be penalized, as that could very well be normal play. I also do not like the arbitrary "well, 20 seconds is OK, but more than that is forbidden".

This is a complex issue for sure.

I am abstaining for now, but would like to follow and see what others think before casting my final vote.
    Help me beat Snowflake at the "Like Game"
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks speedy47591, xcess dead rew thanked this post
    Likes speedy47591, xcess dead rew liked this post
  9. 10-08-2018, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Although I love that you got this score, I do believe it is a design flaw with the game. An unintended consequences of the physics and rules programmed into that particular part of the table. Is this a "glitch" or just bad programming?

No other pinball game gives billions of points of bonus for simply getting the ball into an area and waiting a few minutes while the points rack up.

I would bet 9:1 that they will release a patch for this.

Now here is the tricky part. Is this a glitch? Is this leeching? Do we allow "just a little bit of leeching" i.e. yo can do it for X seconds but no more?

I want to reject this score, but I don't believe that 10 seconds in that area should be penalized, as that could very well be normal play. I also do not like the arbitrary "well, 20 seconds is OK, but more than that is forbidden".

This is a complex issue for sure.

I am abstaining for now, but would like to follow and see what others think before casting my final vote.
    I wouldn't call it leeching since there was no intent, but I totally get why you're abstaining. I voiced my own doubts at the end of the performance, and heck, Im still not sure, that's why I put it up for people smarter than me to decide. for my part I will cancel the submission if Zen wipes my score like they've done with other bugs in the past. Otherwise, Im gonna leave the decision up to you guys...like I said people smarter than me. :)
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
  10. 10-08-2018, 01:36 PM
    still doing my own research on this. Went through my update notifications on my system, and there was an update file downloaded this morning. Doesnt say what was in it or the purpose which sucks. But according to the notifications it was the first update i got from FX3 since I installed this game in august. So if this was a bug , in that amount of time, there should have been more than 4 people to access it, assuming thats how the 4 billion + scores happened, so im no closer to figuring anything out on my end
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us