Thread

Playstation 4 PSN - Pinball FX 3 - Alien Vs. Predator - 5 Minute Challenge - 3,059,432,959 - brandon kelly

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. 10-08-2018, 12:38 PM
    Wow! Thats messed up! Was not aware that could happen, as I probably committed hours on this table just like Brandon has recently and in the past. I see no mention (yet) of this "bumper ball stuck endless score mode" in the Zen forums pages, so you just might have discovered this new glitch. (yes, I must label what I saw a glitch)

This reminds me of Jive Time on the Wii- PHOF, when the ball gets stuck in the drop, (a known glitch) and the score will endlessly continue forever, for doing absolutely nothing, til you purposely tilt the ball. Back when I discovered this, I showed it on video to a referee so he could update the rules for research purposes (in which he did) . This would happen 1 out of every 20 games on average, and still does to this day. The Wii doesnt patch or update their games.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	72280

As a competitor, or non-competitor, I could never accept this action as "legit or normal fair play". So this will be the first one from you I cannot "Accept" . I am but one adjudicator, so of course the TG public shall decide its fate.

I do have to ask you 2 questions, Brandon.

-Do you honestly feel you "earned" this score?

-Would it be fair to other future competitors once Zen Studios discovers this, then patches it up and fixes it?
    Justice for scoreboard track EQUALITY!
    Thanks speedy47591 thanked this post
    Likes speedy47591, xcess dead rew liked this post
  2. 10-08-2018, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    Wow! Thats messed up! Was not aware that could happen, as I probably committed hours on this table just like Brandon has recently and in the past. I see no mention (yet) of this "bumper ball stuck endless score mode" in the Zen forums pages, so you just might have discovered this new glitch. (yes, I must label what I saw a glitch)

This reminds me of Jive Time on the Wii- PHOF, when the ball gets stuck in the drop, (a known glitch) and the score will endlessly continue forever, for doing absolutely nothing, til you purposely tilt the ball. Back when I discovered this, I showed it on video to a referee so he could update the rules for research purposes (in which he did) . This would happen 1 out of every 20 games on average, and still does to this day. The Wii doesnt patch or update their games.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	72280

As a competitor, or non-competitor, I could never accept this action as "legit or normal fair play". So this will be the first one from you I cannot "Accept" . I am but one adjudicator, so of course the TG public shall decide its fate.

I do have to ask you 2 questions, Brandon.

-Do you honestly feel you "earned" this score?

-Would it be fair to other future competitors once Zen Studios discovers this, then patches it up and fixes it?
    First, I didnt see in the rules where it mentioned a glitch, so that is grounds to cancel this sub. I don't want to earn anything unfairly, and with the scores Ive put up, I think Ive proven that I don't need to. Second, as far as "earning" this score, I wasn't sure. You could hear it in my voice, I was just as surprised as anyone. On a table without so many moving parts I would've known, but in this case I just wasn't sure if it was an intentional part of the design or not. As far as being unfair to future competitors goes, no I don't think itll be unfair, because like their recent problems with the Mimban table, Zen has proven that they will wipe their leaderboards if they think theres an issue...…….
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us