Arcade - Aero Fighters 2 / Sonic Wings 2 - Points [Single Player Only] - 531,300 - Michael Sroka

Is this Performance Claim valid?

You may not vote on this poll
    This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Aero Fighters 2 / Sonic Wings 2 - Points [Single Player Only] - 531,300 - Michael Sroka

06-10-2018, 09:22 AM
    vzaar-player

Points [Single Player Only]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=200137
    Rules
    Fighters: 3Continue: WITHOUTLevel: 4Extend Score: 200,000Demo Sound: ONCont. Mode: RESETHow To Play: ONDisp Level: DISPDisp Credit: DISPSpecial Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation. You may freely choose your Pilot. Continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission Message
    This was played on a NEO Arcade system hardware. But used a 161- 1 cart. Which are the same roms. So it is like a everdrive for Neo Geo systems.

Hardware shown at 1:00 mark of video and 46:00 after game.
    Soft dips are shown at 17:00 mark of the video. (sorry it took me a while to display them)
    Submitted attempt starts at 37:20
    Thanks for watching.
    Likes Ragequit liked this post
  2. 06-10-2018, 10:23 AM
    Good score; I had asked about the 161 in 1 multi cart in the past and had an overwhelming amount of feedback that there not accepted. These multicarts are running a mix of original roms and beta roms from everything I’ve read online which is a reason why they are a no go. Everdrive/flash carts give the user the control to put the correct rom on; I’ve ordered myself a NeoGeo neoSD cart and I’m patiently waiting now 3 months :)

I don’t see why we can’t atleast track them separately though
  3. 06-10-2018, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    These multicarts are running a mix of original roms and beta roms from everything.
    But this game is the original rom on this 161-1 cart. So it would be just like the upcoming NEOSD PRO MVS. The 161 in 1 Cart is a cart, not the actual hardware. Just a ROM holder, like SD cart, similar to a Ever-drive. So there should be no argument. These are not 60 in 1 motherboards for a arcade machine running on different hardware and chips. We are still using original Neo geo MVS hardware.

Incorrect Roms could also be loaded on the NEOSD PRO MVS a NES everdrive ,etc, etc. So that is why game play footage is the ultimate proof of evidence.

That NEOSD PRO MVS looks amazing, but $499.99 US?
  4. 06-10-2018, 11:43 AM
    I’d agree this particular rom is correct and should be acceptable but we are probably in the minority; I know aerofighters 3 is incorrect or just doesn’t play properly on this cart, there’s also is a model of MVS motherboards that won’t play this cart at all; from what I recall all bootleg multicarts for any system is a no go at TG :(

That neoSD is pricey but being able to play all Neo Geo games off of it is significantly cheaper than buying the original carts :)
    Likes TJ Johnsen liked this post
  5. 06-10-2018, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    from what I recall all bootleg multicarts for any system is a no go at TG :(

A everdrive for NES, SNES, is a bootleg multi-cart and those are accepted. It should be the same across all platforms.
  6. 06-11-2018, 03:17 AM
    I don’t know if it’s written somewhere in the TG database that we can’t use a multicart like the 161 in 1 but it would be nice if we got some type of ruling from TG on the matter, that way there will be no questions about it. Whichever way it goes someone’s going to have a problem with it so might as well get on with it and get an official ruling
  7. 06-16-2018, 02:09 AM
    Nice score, Michael! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  8. 06-19-2018, 11:55 AM
    First of all, great score on a very good Neo Geo title!!
    2nd - I was of the impression that it has to be on an original Neo Geo cartridge the score had to be set on.
    Therefore I will abstain from voting, until other people chime in.

Michael
  9. 06-30-2018, 04:46 PM
    pretty sure stuff like this has been accepted before, but admittedly i'm drawing a blank on remembering examples.

Yes roms can be an issue, but roms downloaded onto your everdrive, well someone can donwload the wrong one there too. at least with a multi cart we know which roms are on it and if theres issue with the particular rom it'll be known

i'm fine accepting this.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks timmell thanked this post
    Likes Muerto liked this post
  10. 08-07-2018, 04:40 AM
    I remember a long discussion with @EVN about the darksoft board and I recall discussion about the multicart MVS boards too. Maybe we can get him in here to elaborate.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes Muerto liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us