Arcade - Shadow Warriors (World set 1) - Highest score - 191,700 - Stephen Holmes

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Shadow Warriors (World set 1) - Highest score - 191,700 - Stephen Holmes

11-01-2018, 08:44 PM
    vzaar-player

Highest score
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=217122
    Rank
    Rules
    Dip Switch A:1-8 = OFF (7 & 8 are N/A, Flip screen & Demo Sounds)Dip Switch B:1-6 = OFF7-8 = OFF / UNUSEDNote: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;Lives: 2Physical Strength: 3Difficulty: Normal
    Submission Message
    This is my first score posting, So forgive any omissions.

Please voted on my record run on Shadow Warriors played at 1UP Arcade Brisbane (Australia).

Video details:
    0:00 to 31:50 = Gameplay footage
    31:50 to 32:25 - Entering Name (SHI)
    32:25 to 35:32 = Searching for missing keys to cabinet! :-)
    35:32 to 37:25 = Filming PCB and DIPs
    37:25 to End = Confirming in-game high score board

I have also attached photos of the PCB, DIPs and High Score screen in higher detail (hopefully they work).

Cheers!

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock, DJKSTYLE thanked this post
    Likes EVN, HAN, DJKSTYLE, Muerto, George Hartman and 1 others liked this post
  2. 11-01-2018, 08:48 PM
    Looks like the images didn't upload with the video, so here they are:
    High Score ScreenName:  Shadow Warriors 191700 (Stephen Holmes) - Score.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  241.5 KB
    Likes DJKSTYLE, dedmunds liked this post
  3. 11-01-2018, 08:49 PM
    Shadow Warriors PCBName:  Shadow Warriors 191700 (Stephen Holmes) - PCB.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  220.2 KB
  4. 11-01-2018, 08:50 PM
    ...and DIP SettingsName:  Shadow Warriors 191700 (Stephen Holmes) - DIPs.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  283.5 KB
  5. 11-02-2018, 11:07 AM
    Great run, Stephen!

I was wondering what you thought about the existing "Ninja Gaiden" arcade track for this game; is the game exactly the same as the game you're playing here - "Shadow Warriors"?

If so, then maybe @TWIN GALAXIES should consider merging the tracks since you beat all the previous scores for the same game/same platform with the same settings? (Similar to how Jungle Hunt and Jungle King are tracked together because they are essentially the same game)
  6. 11-02-2018, 07:23 PM
    The first time I played this one, I was only about nine years old. I had no idea the game had such a brutal continue screen. My friend claimed that the screen turned red because it was Ryu's blood covering the screen, and the way it looks when the screen turns red, it looks like the buzzsaw has actually entered Ryu's body. Later when I told my Dad about what had happened, he replied, "You could've continued."

OK, enough tangents.

Accepted!
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks shi thanked this post
    Likes shi, dedmunds, Salim Farhat liked this post
  7. 11-02-2018, 07:58 PM
    Easy accept.

@Shi - good to see that the boss isn't so overworked that he can't game every now and then too :)
    Likes shi liked this post
  8. 11-04-2018, 10:52 AM
    I had or have this game on my list (the MAME version, not the arcade since I haven't seen an Shadow Warriors arcade game since I was a young teen at the most), and this run is fantastic. Everything checks out, so I'm voting yes.

I did do a practice run, and I think the only real way to get enough points to beat the all round grand champ is to do a mild bit of point scabbing at the river freaks on Level 4. They give quite a bit of points, and they can stack up. You don't need too much, but it could get you the 10+K points you need if you want to break that record.
    Likes shi, DJKSTYLE liked this post
  9. 11-04-2018, 11:51 PM
    Nice score, Stephen! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  10. 11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    Great run, Stephen!

I was wondering what you thought about the existing "Ninja Gaiden" arcade track for this game; is the game exactly the same as the game you're playing here - "Shadow Warriors"?

If so, then maybe @TWIN GALAXIES should consider merging the tracks since you beat all the previous scores for the same game/same platform with the same settings? (Similar to how Jungle Hunt and Jungle King are tracked together because they are essentially the same game)
    Thanks Pete! Yes, from my understanding they are the same game with essentially a different title screen - but I'm not sure if anyone has spent any time to verify this?? (I have only ever played the 'Shadow Warriors' version).

But if they were shown to otherwise be the same game, then a merge would be logical. However I'm quite new to submitting TG scores, and am not sure of how to go about that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us