Android - Piano Tiles: Don't Tap the White Tile - Classic - 50 tiles - 07.396 - Michael Zanier

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Android - Piano Tiles: Don't Tap the White Tile - Classic - 50 tiles - 07.396 - Michael Zanier

09-05-2018, 03:16 PM
    vzaar-player

Classic - 50 tiles
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131883
    Rules
    You may play with tiles of any color
    You may play with any tap sound
    You may play with an music
    No continues are allowed for your attempt
    Submission Message

2. 09-05-2018, 03:35 PM
    Hi Michael. Ahh, the memories of this game... mostly stressful ones!

A couple of things...

Highly advisable to show the startup of the app, and that nothing is running in the background.

Also, being a dexterity based game, there is precedent for direct feed video being rejected... I know all too well about this
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/150830

But TGSAP is an inconsistent, ever-evolving beast... you just never know!
    Thanks HugDD, thanZanier thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, thanZanier, Barthax liked this post
  3. 09-05-2018, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    Also, being a dexterity based game, there is precedent for direct feed video being rejected... I know all too well about this
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...8-Terence-Wong

Hey Terence, I couldn't agree with you more on that last point, thanks for linking the above! As l Iike to think of it, we've been, as a whole, consistently inconsistent in our approaches to adjudications, sadly.

Now, with the discussion that took place in your own submission thread a few years ago, there's another disqualified submission after yours, that happened to not utilize direct capture, and based on the discussions in both threads, perhaps Twin Galaxies admin may want to consider revising rules for this particular game, requirements and all (as far as I know, I don't think any direct capture submission for Piano Tiles has ever been accepted: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...nton-zimmerman)

It's a bit of a slippery slope, I suppose, but until we get full closure, I don't think this issue'll never cease

Đức
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  4. 09-05-2018, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    Hi Michael. Ahh, the memories of this game... mostly stressful ones!

A couple of things...

Highly advisable to show the startup of the app, and that nothing is running in the background.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/150830

Hi Terence,

Yeah I only started perusing this site today. One of the first things I saw was this game and remembered I played it before. I saw 5 scores and was like, yeah lemme get on this.

I fully didn't, and don't, know how to approach it. Direct feed no good, so an external camera set up is something they're looking for? And I thought this video was too long itself, figured they'd want just the run. But I see the one you linked is 37 minutes, so I guess it's a "better safe than short" scenario.

Anyway thanks for responding! Any advice is good advice, appreciate it.
    Likes HugDD, terencew, bensweeneyonbass, Barthax liked this post
  5. 09-07-2018, 05:13 AM
    Don't the rules say you can't use a continue? You used one at the beginning and later in the video. You also didn't show the app starting up. I will hold off from voting until further clarification.
  6. 09-23-2018, 08:38 AM
    I wish I could vote yes here, but without a startup and video of you physically playing I just can't. Please don't get discouraged, first submissions are a learning experience. I actually ended up voting no on my own first submission. TG is a place where "one guy ruined it for everyone" stuff happens. One person cheated by doing X, and now we all have to prove we're not doing X.

The best way I've found to learn how to "verify" your system is to look through the accepted runs for your game or a similar game and see what people are doing. There's a lot of stuff people want to see that you'd never think of, again caused by that one jerk cheating scenario. I never would have thought to go through all the little menu's in an emulator before playing until I saw someone else do it.

I very much hope to see you resubmit.
    Likes Barthax, terencew, HugDD, Snowflake liked this post
  7. 10-17-2018, 02:55 PM
    Without external video I would have to reject this one. Don't let it get to you though, there are many other games waiting for you to crush here at TG!
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Likes xcess dead rew liked this post
  8. 11-04-2018, 09:15 PM
    Sorry Michael, rejected.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  9. 11-10-2018, 04:12 PM
    Welcome to Twin Galaxy Michael Sorry but the Twin Galaxy Members are Right in their Reply's As it Stands your Video Game Submissions Will Be Voted NO REJECTED not because of your Great Game Play.

Every Twin Galaxy Members has done it a Few Times already Live and Learn

But Because you did not Show Applications before Selecting your Game another Reason is Their are 2 1 ANDROID and 2nd IOS here is an example Below

Michael you can do it again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	72962
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  10. 11-10-2018, 04:16 PM
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us