Atari 2600 / VCS - Berzerk - NTSC - Game 9 (Points) - 71,950 - Steve Germershausen

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Berzerk - NTSC - Game 9 (Points) - 71,950 - Steve Germershausen

12-01-2018, 03:23 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 9 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2305
    Rules
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game and can therefore be set to either A or B position.
    Any other settings should remain default upon boot-up.
    Submission Message
    Hi, this run was recorded November 28th, 2018. It took a few weeks, but finally reached the TG top spot for game 9, the most difficult version of this cart. First 2 deaths occur quite closely at 35,600 and 37,740.
    Final score: 71,950
    Run begins: 5:13

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, GregDeg, JJT_Defender, nads, Marcade liked this post
  2. 12-01-2018, 05:03 PM
    Nice score, Steve! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  3. 12-03-2018, 06:34 AM
    Accepted

Game Starts at 41:23 Left on the video
    Game Settings Begin at 46:01 Left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 63
Size:  329.1 KBName:  image.png
Views: 62
Size:  544.4 KB
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Berzerk - NTSC - Game 9 (Points) - 71,950 Final Score is at :29 Left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 59
Size:  416.3 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
  4. 12-05-2018, 12:23 AM
    Awesome Job Steve!

Tenacity and sharp shooting really paid off on this one.

Top spot is all yours!

Accepted!
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
  5. 12-06-2018, 09:41 AM
    nicely done.

and just to be sure, its been determined there is only one version of this cart right? the belief there were two versions came from a misunderstanding of how a bug worked so that when the bug manifested for some but not others due to them triggering the bug it was incorrectly believed to be a cart difference?
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  6. 12-06-2018, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    nicely done.

and just to be sure, its been determined there is only one version of this cart right? the belief there were two versions came from a misunderstanding of how a bug worked so that when the bug manifested for some but not others due to them triggering the bug it was incorrectly believed to be a cart difference?
    Hi, Snowflake. I'm not totally sure about there being 2 versions, but the version I do have does have the 'not enough movement' glitch that kicks in at about 150K when you don't maintain movement on screen a few seconds at a time to a set grand number of minutes/seconds that triggers this glitch. This glitch has happened to me on this same cart for a few times on game 1. For my TG 488K game, it glitched on me wayyyyy later in the game because I provided humanoid movement on and off screen. My game 6 333K TG run did not glitch out on me. Because I got a mere 71K on game 9, I was not able to push this glitch boundary.
    ...God gave video games to you...
Join us