Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Jeff Gordon XS Racing - Vegas - Fastest Race - 04:20.48 - Kyle Nelson

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Jeff Gordon XS Racing - Vegas - Fastest Race - 04:20.48 - Kyle Nelson

12-12-2018, 06:38 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Vegas - Fastest Race
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=15682
    Rules
    Fastest 3 lap Race may come from season 1 or season 2. May use Any car and Any set-up.

Submission Message
    Run at 11:10. Boot up and Everdrive shown in the beginning. Thanks for watching and good gaming.

2. 12-12-2018, 06:48 PM
    Nice race time, Kyle! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 03-09-2019, 04:40 PM
    kyle, first of all, what you said may very well be true, but you gave some incorrect info in this video that is very relevant since you did this the same way as everyone else, but thats not true and therefore unfair to @jmb

both you and he got a certaim time, but then after getting said time .02 seconds were added
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/160980

I admit, i dont know which time should be used, and the rules should really be clarified. By @jmb used the final time that was shown right after the lap adding the time, as well as the scorescreen. You used the time before that.

I'm open to jmb short changing himself, and accepting your time, if jmb accidentally screwed himself and has the right to include a shorter time. You made a comment in video though how everyone else did it your way. I would definitley like you to elaborate on that point.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 03-09-2019, 08:36 PM
    So if you watch very closely in this video and JMB's video link you provided, when you we both cross the finish and the GOAL indicator appears, the timer clearly stops on that specific time and then always rolls over .02 seconds. The game, IMO, is very clearly indicating you achieved that specific lap time when the GOAL indicator pops up, but since you are still rolling to a stop it adds that extra time. That is how I see it. Could be the game thinks another lap is going to happen but never does so it adds that .02 and then realizes it's just bad programming and stops itself, haha.

So if John didn't use the time immediately at the end of the lap, which why would't any of us, then I do believe he did short change himself.
  5. 03-09-2019, 08:45 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/158864
    @Snowflake , jmb himself even says he took the time immediately after the lap in his submission message. So I was just following suite. We all achieved the exact same time so for this track so I'd say that helps confirm it as well. I think he just forgot or made a mistake and took the time in the menu for whatever reason in this specific submission. I have looked at his other ones, but this one it appears he did not use the lap complete time and used the menu time.
  6. 03-09-2019, 08:49 PM
    Ok it seems we’re seeomg different thing im open I could be wrong let me examine more closely I’ll try screenshots
  7. 03-09-2019, 08:50 PM
    Oh wait I misread so you’re agreeing for this track in particular but this track breaks the mold in general
  8. 03-09-2019, 08:51 PM
    I would also like to add that the rules for this game are not consistent over all tracks. Using the link I provided where @jmb points he used the fastest time because the rules say to do so, that track does actually state that. This submissions track doesn't say that. It doesn't say you can't, but they are not matching with the other submission. I'll notify @admin staff that these need changed one way or the other. Not sure how it should work though. One track has it in the rules and says use the faster time, this track doesn't say anything about which time to use. It makes no sense why they would be different IMO. So I'll let them decide and go from there. I personally think all the faster times at the end of the lap/race should be counted since it clearly shows that specific time for short period, and you have no more control over your car. But I'm biased, I want my faster time to count.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  9. 03-09-2019, 08:53 PM
    I definitely agree JMB short changed himself, and I also believe the time I entered should be the time used. The one immediately after the lap is completed and the Goal signal first shows.
Join us