Dispute: Andrew Barrow - Arcade - 1942 - Points [Single Player Only] - Player: Mark Longridge - Barra

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Andrew Barrow - Arcade - 1942 - Points [Single Player Only] - Player: Mark Longridge - Barra

12-18-2018, 03:53 PM
    Arcade - 1942 - Points [Single Player Only]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2685
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank A:
    1-4 = OFF
    5 = ON
    6-8 = OFF

Dip-Switch Bank B:
    1-8 = OFF

Note: The above Dip Switches, when properly designated, will give the following Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings, used for this title;
    3 Lives To Begin
    Bonus Life @ 20,000 & 80,000 and every 80,000 thereafter
    Normal Difficulty
    Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! Continues are NOT allowed!
    Player Name
    Mark Longridge
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2000-06-04
    Disputed Score
    2,320,306 (Rank 9)
    Disputed By
    Barra
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Any non-zero in the ones column is not possible, even with continues
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 12-18-2018, 09:54 PM
    Andrew. What do you propose should be done about this?
    I know you would be thinking that that might be a trick question....you're right. :)

john

3. 12-18-2018, 10:00 PM
    Score is impossible. Remove it. No other solution unless there's hard evidence it was a typo
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  4. 12-18-2018, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Score is impossible. Remove it. No other solution unless there's hard evidence it was a typo
    You might be in for a long wait, cough, cough.......Robotron.

Interesting to see if Dave removes this within a year!

john

Likes Snowflake liked this post
  5. 12-18-2018, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    You might be in for a long wait, cough, cough.......Robotron.
    Interesting to see if Dave removes this within a year!
    Yep, wasn't going to dispute given it most likely won't be removed but decided that having it (and the other) disputed was good enough for me.
  6. 12-18-2018, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Yep, wasn't going to dispute given it most likely won't be removed but decided that having it (and the other) disputed was good enough for me.
    Sorry to go off topic, but, there's no reason for the Robotron score to get any MORE credit here at TG. No disrespect to Robotron Brian, let's face it, he's had 35-ish (or whatever)years of credit .

Dave should just move this score (that you're debating) to another track . Brilliant idea.

john

7. 12-19-2018, 05:54 PM
    robotron there is some evidence should be moved. we know it was a stitched score, and an estimate, and that that was all allowed at the time. it needs fixing and clarification that it was done under the old rules

this score needs gone unless theres similiar evidence of what actually happened. also, unlike robotron where the typo is easy to believe, in this case continues are indicated by the track from a time period when continues werent allowed. the far more likely scenario here is longridge did use continues and the ref didnt bother to watch the game. or did watch the game and didnt care. either way, remove the score.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  8. 12-19-2018, 05:57 PM
    oh to be fair of course, theres another possibility this is a completely valid score, for a completely different game that got entered on the wrong track. but without evidence of that other track i dont see how you can move it without knowing where to move it
  9. 12-19-2018, 06:14 PM
    AFAIK using continues zeroes your score. There is no possible way to get a score ending in anything other than a zero
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes ILLSeaBass liked this post
  10. 12-19-2018, 06:19 PM
    moments after hitting return i realized my error on the continues, apologies. i still stand by not moving the score unless evidence of where it belongs surfaces.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us