SNES / SFC - Super Mario Kart - NTSC - Vanilla Lake 1 [Fastest Lap] - 10.97 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. SNES / SFC - Super Mario Kart - NTSC - Vanilla Lake 1 [Fastest Lap] - 10.97 - Roger 111

01-02-2019, 04:31 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Vanilla Lake 1 [Fastest Lap]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=529
    Rank
    Rules
    1P Mode, Time Trial, May Freely Choose Any Available Character
    Special Rules: For this variation, you MUST Win the race for your time to count! You may use your race for Fastest Race as well.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, lap at 20:45.
    Really?
    Mario Kart?
    Anomaly here, busted up arm or not, I simply suck at this game, but was pretty determined to get at least second place in this-my very first shot, a 6 minute video(...sorry!), I got 12.77, so I figured I could do ok.
    Breaking 11 seconds,1st place was NOT on my radar, an OMG surprise, because again...it's friggin Mario Kart.
    Was only going for a single lap, intentionally crashing into stuff in hopes of clearing it in the early laps, but still the last set of jumps I made were pretty lucky I admit.
    Seriously-this actually helps me out a lot, there's a little less shame now in subbing next to next to last place scores on most of the rest of the game!
    ;)
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Desidious thanked this post
  2. 01-02-2019, 04:51 PM
    Very good job!
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 01-02-2019, 06:28 PM
    Nice time, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  4. 01-02-2019, 07:22 PM
    Great time Roger, please dont get discouraged by the icy tracks, they are the hardest (after rainbow road of course), most other tracks like the mario circuits are super fun.

A little tip, for the starting boost you need to press and hold x aprox half a second after the first light.

Acepted!
  5. 01-03-2019, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    Great time Roger, please dont get discouraged by the icy tracks, they are the hardest (after rainbow road of course), most other tracks like the mario circuits are super fun.

A little tip, for the starting boost you need to press and hold x aprox half a second after the first light.

Acepted!
    Really, really tough racer-you make it look easy!
    :)

I'll work on the start, for sure, and the Mario Circuits DO look fun!

Thanks, Man!!!
    Likes Pixe Sukola, Jessica McCoy liked this post
  6. 01-03-2019, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Really, really tough racer-you make it look easy!
    :)

I'll work on the start, for sure, and the Mario Circuits DO look fun!

Thanks, Man!!!
    One more little tip. When you are going for a fastest lap time on the vanilla tracks, you are allowed to break all the ice cubes in the first lap to race without obstacles in the next ones.
  7. 01-03-2019, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    One more little tip. When you are going for a fastest lap time on the vanilla tracks, you are allowed to break all the ice cubes in the first lap to race without obstacles in the next ones.
    Haha, that's the way to do it, for sure!
    No way I could remember the game, but was having a tough time getting a fast lap on something, the other cars kept getting in the way-lol, I finally just let them go on ahead of me, started late, got the fastest lap on the second lap, unimpeded.
    ;)

Getting better at the fast start-I've used this angle for really good results on a lot of games-rather than looking at the light, I'm listening to the beeps-start holding the gas at the same time you anticipate the sound of the first beep ending, works really well.

Still several seconds off on most tracks, but (very) slowly getting faster.

Thanks-hoping my PC will be back in action tomorrow, my communication is VERY limited right now, but I'm sure I'll pick your brain some more about this game soon!
    Likes Pixe Sukola, Jessica McCoy liked this post
  8. 01-14-2019, 05:50 AM
    Accepted

Race Starts at 1:57 Left on the video
    Game Settings Begin at 20:57 Left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 67
Size:  576.8 KB Name:  image.png
Views: 62
Size:  505.0 KB
    SNES / SFC - Super Mario Kart - NTSC - Vanilla Lake 1 [Fastest Lap] - 10.97 Final Time is at :26 Left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 63
Size:  581.7 KB

Name:  image.png
Views: 72
Size:  609.8 KBName:  image.png
Views: 56
Size:  615.1 KBName:  image.png
Views: 56
Size:  477.2 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  9. 01-14-2019, 02:38 PM
    Accepted!!
Join us