SNES / SFC - Tecmo Super Bowl III: Final Edition - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 56 - Matt Sales

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. SNES / SFC - Tecmo Super Bowl III: Final Edition - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 56 - Matt Sales

01-06-2019, 04:12 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Biggest Blowout
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=53305
    Rank
    Rules
    Pre-Season, Man VS Com, May Freely Choose Your Team and The Computer's Team, 5 Min Quarters, Fumble On, Injury Off, May Freely Select Weather & Arena, May Switch Players on Roster At Start AND In Game
    Special Rules: You MUST play the ENTIRE 4 Quarters. This game will use The Special Blowout Rules for final score, where it is tabulated by how many points you have won the game by. [Ex. If you beat the computer 21-3, your final score will then be 18, which is how many points you've won by.]
    Submission Message
    Game over @ 31m3s. 56-0, SF over ARZ = 56 score.

Played on my NTSC SNES, original Tecmo Super Bowl III Final Edition cartridge, default track settings.

Played this version of TSB quite a bit back in the mid-90s. Fun to try again after so many years.

Thanks for adjudicating!

Attached Images Attached Images   
  2. 01-06-2019, 05:11 PM
    So I have to ask because I too played this game a **** load back in the day. Are you allowed to use player created teams? Because I bet I spent 50 hours building a maxed out team one time and it was pretty insane what you could do. The rules don't say you can't. I feel this should either be addressed in the rules or to me it means that it is allowed as long as it's in preseason mode. I have never played a game in preseason mode so maybe they are all original rosters and my previous question doesn't matter, haha. Seriously, getting your DBs maxed out was the hardest thing to do. OL was easiest, QB, RB's, DL where all pretty simple. WR and LB where tougher. DBs just sucked. I never had a maxed out secondary...you only need one of your safeties maxed and that pretty solves all your problems but still.

Nice score.
    Thanks ILLSeaBass thanked this post
    Likes ILLSeaBass liked this post
  3. 01-07-2019, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    So I have to ask because I too played this game a **** load back in the day. Are you allowed to use player created teams? Because I bet I spent 50 hours building a maxed out team one time and it was pretty insane what you could do. The rules don't say you can't. I feel this should either be addressed in the rules or to me it means that it is allowed as long as it's in preseason mode. I have never played a game in preseason mode so maybe they are all original rosters and my previous question doesn't matter, haha. Seriously, getting your DBs maxed out was the hardest thing to do. OL was easiest, QB, RB's, DL where all pretty simple. WR and LB where tougher. DBs just sucked. I never had a maxed out secondary...you only need one of your safeties maxed and that pretty solves all your problems but still.

Nice score.
    I played mostly seasons with the stock teams back when I this came out so I can't really say much regarding created teams. I'm sure you would have to show the hours and hours of video creating and upgrading your team. I'm assuming that you have to win games with this team in order to gain some kind of upgrade points? I agree that should be added to this tracks rules, either allowed or disallowed for created teams. If disallowed, which I suspect it would be, we can always create a new track to allow custom teams.
  4. 01-07-2019, 08:22 AM
    I did think of that as well last night after posting. If someone did show the time and effort of actually building the team and not using a game genie code before hand to max them out, I would be completely OK allowing created players being used. As I mentioned, I know how long that can take so it would be mad props to someone doing it just for the Biggest Blowout score. Let me tell you, 200 pts would be nothing in a 5 minute game.
  5. 01-07-2019, 09:32 PM
    Nice score, Matt! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Thanks ILLSeaBass thanked this post
  6. 01-07-2019, 10:21 PM
    I would also like to state that these rules are so vague. Firstly, we can't just assume it's default settings when the rules written are specifically written. There are so many things that can be done before you even start playing this game that completely alter the outcome.

Firstly, play books? Can you change your/CPU playbooks? I would say yes because that is how you take advantage of getting the most points.

Secondly, as mentioned in my previous posts, this game allows for custom players. Are they allowed to be used? If so, do you have to show you creating them and earning the attribute points or can they just be in the game already prior to the attempt allowing codes to be used to have maxed players from the start...again, you can build a maxed out player for each position it is just an absolute insane amount of time. Trust me, my bro and I would take turns skipping seasons and checking attributes many days long for several years I believe. Deleting/creating/deleting/creating...over and over and over. Never got a full perfect team.

Thirdly, are the special hidden players allowed to be used? What hidden players you ask? Well if you win the Super Bowl 3 years in a row (not sure if it has to be the same team) you unlock legendary players that are superior to all players except a maxed created player. Are these players allowed? They should be since they are a part of the game and unlockable by everyone. Acquiring them all on the same team takes some doing but is easily done with time and patience.

And lastly, are you allowed to change the other teams roster? I again would say yes because you are going for most points and as long as it doesn't say you can't, in a "biggest blowout" record you should do everything possible to achieve the biggest blowout.

Never mind the created player points, but the playbook and roster changes to your/CPU teams should be allowed since that is how it is for Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES as well. Anything goes but actual cheats. I feel this game should be the same. Anything goes, as well as created players being used, IMO. As for the legendary unlockable players, they should be allowed even if the created players aren't IMO. It's no different than all these racing games that say you may use any car. Of course you use the best cars, so in this case you want the best players.

In case you can't tell, I know this game inside and out, hahaha.
Join us