Atari 2600 / VCS - Private Eye - NTSC - Game 1, Switchable Difficulty [Fastest Completion] - 01:57.0 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Private Eye - NTSC - Game 1, Switchable Difficulty [Fastest Completion] - 01:57.0 - Roger 111

01-22-2019, 12:29 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Switchable Difficulty [Fastest Completion]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=7356
    Rules
    Fastest Completion - lower time is better, May switch between A & B difficulty
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, case taken at 12:13. Difficulty switches set to A, unchanged during gameplay(who could do that anyway???).
    FINALLY!!!
    This was hard. Really hard, not for the unstubborn, lol-you gotta nail it near perfect, or it won't happen.
    Was unsure about the moneybag, but when I nabbed the gun the way I did, I was definitely holding my breath from there, knew I had a shot!
    Once again, tho for the most part I am afraid of your Jedi skills, thanks for making me unafraid of this game, Pete , and thanks a Million for the technical tips, Greg!!!
    1:03!!!
    Wooo!!!
    Never an excuse to be bored, if there's an Activision timer around.
    :)
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Likes GregDeg, nads, Max, Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 01-22-2019, 12:35 PM
    Gemstick used for this attempt-as well as I can remember, this is the first time I've used it to score, tho I'm probably wrong.

Other than Dragster, I actually usually use a 2600 flashback stick, the very cheap model-it is easy on the hands, pretty responsive, but flimsy as heck. With the direction changes in this game, I was afraid I was going to snap it(I've broken one with Dragster already, lol, the reason I won't play Dragster with one!), so I decided to think outside the box a bit.

I actually had one of these in the 80's, I remember playing Spider-Man with it.
    I complain pretty bad at first, the button is just weird, but the stick feels pretty good.

Anyway-
    Case Solved, Quick, Fast, and in a Hurry.
    :)
    Likes nads, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 01-23-2019, 02:14 AM
    I knew you would like this game!!

This is a tough one, you have to be pixel perfect throughout the run and you did just that!

Onto game 3!

Accepted
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 01-23-2019, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    I knew you would like this game!!

This is a tough one, you have to be pixel perfect throughout the run and you did just that!

Onto game 3!

Accepted
    Maybe get Game 2 out the way first
  5. 01-23-2019, 07:19 PM
    Every crucial point was handled with precision timing. Great accomplishment Roger… Accepted!!!
    Now on to game 2!
  6. 01-23-2019, 08:24 PM
    Nice time, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  7. 01-25-2019, 08:34 AM
    Super fast, not a pixel wasted. There was a lot remaining on that last second. Good body of work.

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
  8. 01-25-2019, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post
    Super fast, not a pixel wasted. There was a lot remaining on that last second. Good body of work.

Accepted.
    Wasn't quite how he explained it, but from the way Greg explained it to me I interpreted to do it fast and right, but the biggest thing as far as the time was basically "screen distance covered"-I was thinking "shorten it up", you can't go past the moneybag, gun, and Henri, you have to barely nip them.

I dunno, may seem duh, lol, but thinking "shorten up the screen", tho not quite technically accurate, was the thinking that helped me.

Thanks!!!
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  9. 01-26-2019, 06:46 AM
    Excellent speed, Congratulations!!! Accepted!!!
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
    Likes Garrett Holland, Rogerpoco liked this post
  10. 01-28-2019, 11:59 AM
    Perfect run! Accepted!
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Join us