TurboGrafx-16 - Splatterhouse - Points - 381,600 - Ryan Genno

Is this Performance Claim valid?

    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 02-07-2020, 11:32 AM
    Sorry, I accidentally selected Paste instead of Paste as plain Text on my mouse. I had no way to correct or edit it.

    Here what it would have looked like if it were in plain text instead I accidentally selected Paste.
    TurboGrafx
    Rank 1 Kevin Bunch Date Submitted: 2015-10-16 Percent: 100.00% Verification Method: TGSAP Status: Undisputed
    Points 719,800
    Rank 2 Ryan Genno Date Submitted: 2019-03-07 Percent: 53.01% Verification Method: IN PROCESS Status: Vote
    Points 381,600
    Rank 3 Nik Meeks Date Submitted: 2007-09-02 Percent: 32.31% Verification Method: DVD Status: Undisputed
    Points 232,600
    MAME
    Rank 1 George F Hartman III Date Submitted: 2018-11-08
    Percent: 100.00% Verification Method: TGSAP 106
    Status: Undisputed WolfMame Version Points 552,000
    Rank 2 Giuseppe Di Lauro Date Submitted: 2008-10-22
    Percent: 92.77% Verification Method: INP 106 Status: Undisputed WolfMame Version Points 512,100
    Arcade
    Rank 1 Zachary C Allard Date Submitted: 2019-03-20 Percent: 100.00% Verification Method: TGSAP Status: Undisputed Points 811,400
    Rank 2 Rudy J. Ferretti Date Submitted: 2016-08-22
    Percent: 87.26% Verification Method: TGSAP Status: View Dispute Points 708,000
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  2. 02-07-2020, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Sorry, I accidentally selected Paste instead of Paste as plain Text on my mouse. I had no way to correct or edit it.
    Or just not do that at all
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes SincerelyFranny, Snowflake liked this post
  3. 02-07-2020, 11:48 AM
    I can understand in a game like Mega Man 1 where if you get damaged you can easily get health capsules from common enemies but here in Splatterhouse there is no way to get extra health unless you complete the stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    I have never played this so I can't test it, and I can't simply watch any video around as at some point they usually advance the screen themselves. So, if the game does auto scroll on it's own to the very end of the level, there can not be leeching because you are always advancing. It also can't be leeching if there is a life cap.

    I do have to correct you on one thing. It can definitely be leeching even though you take damage, haha. So you can't use that argument. Since I don't have the means to easily test this, if I was you Ryan I would play the game on the same difficulty as this run is done on, get to stage six and literally let the auto screen scroll you to the end of the stage. If this one thing can be proven fact, then this cannot be leeching since EVERYONE would have the same advantage. Whoever can survive it then becomes the challenge. If the screen auto scrolls forever, it's leeching. That is the easiest way to prove this isn't leeching. Also, try to prove the total life cap number you are talking about and the fact the game will kill you after a certain amount of time...try to figure out that exact time as well.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  4. 02-07-2020, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    I can understand in a game like Mega Man 1 where if you get damaged you can easily get health capsules from common enemies but here in Splatterhouse there is no way to get extra health unless you complete the stage.
    Yes, but there could be a pattern that someone could exploit to never get hit. When that happens, what then? I agree with you with your thoughts, just think some hard data and proof will solidify this whole mess of a game that has been for years. Hell, this argument was going on when Rudy was around....he was apparently the greatest at the game.
    Thanks starsoldier1 thanked this post
  5. 02-07-2020, 02:25 PM
    I see your point but I don't think there is a way to exploit farming for endless points here in stage 6. Although I slowed the scrolling a bit to attack the mutants more carefully, the stage still auto scrolls and you can't hang out in the same spot for too long because the enemies will strike from the ceiling and unless you constantly move you will get hit especially when a large group of them show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Yes, but there could be a pattern that someone could exploit to never get hit. When that happens, what then? I agree with you with your thoughts, just think some hard data and proof will solidify this whole mess of a game that has been for years. Hell, this argument was going on when Rudy was around....he was apparently the greatest at the game.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  6. 02-10-2020, 12:37 PM
    Kevin and Rudy also got higher scores using these tactics as well on stage 6, the reason their scores got approved was because it was deemed point pressing instead of leeching. Unfortunately, that was a few years ago and there are not a lot of players that know Turbografx games too well since it sold poorly here in North America so I think that's where a lot of the confusion pops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Yes, but there could be a pattern that someone could exploit to never get hit. When that happens, what then? I agree with you with your thoughts, just think some hard data and proof will solidify this whole mess of a game that has been for years. Hell, this argument was going on when Rudy was around....he was apparently the greatest at the game.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  7. 02-13-2020, 10:38 AM
    i was about to argue for a reject, especially since claims of rudy using the same tactic are invalid with his score now gone

    interestingly https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/139858 on this higher score, its claimed the tactic isnt leeching and some of the same people who argued it was leeching here decided it wasnt leeching there. This is a problem

    I'm not saying we have to accept this, but we need to treat all equally. if we're gonna reject ryans -- which i'm fine with then kevin's needs to be disputed

    In fact, i'm gonna dispute kevins right now. if his score gets removed its helps clarify to reject this, and if his score does not get removed then we need to accept ryans as well.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes starsoldier1 liked this post
  8. 02-13-2020, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

    In fact, i'm gonna dispute kevins right now. if his score gets removed its helps clarify to reject this, and if his score does not get removed then we need to accept ryans as well.
    I don't know that disputing an existing score just as a test case to guide decision making on this score is the right thing to do. (The converse of which might make more sense however).

    Now if you would dispute Kevin's score on its own in the absence of Ryan's score I guess that is a different matter. But if Kevin is disputed and then both scores are determined to be just fine (I'm not saying they are or are not), then I feel it would be a disservice to Kevin to have a mark against him.
    Likes starsoldier1 liked this post
  9. 02-13-2020, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    I don't know that disputing an existing score just as a test case to guide decision making on this score is the right thing to do. (The converse of which might make more sense however).

    Now if you would dispute Kevin's score on its own in the absence of Ryan's score I guess that is a different matter. But if Kevin is disputed and then both scores are determined to be just fine (I'm not saying they are or are not), then I feel it would be a disservice to Kevin to have a mark against him.
    as you word it i agree (btw i disputed it the moment i made the comment) however i dont think that wording applies here. this isnt really a "test case" when you have actual rationale that was laid out for it to be leeching. all the evidence shows its leeching, even more so in kevins case than here as he manages to do it for far long, the only counter evidence is both players belief -- note im not calling them wrong, they may well be right i'm not an expert on the game. but i think when ruling if somehting is leeching we need something more than the word of the player telling us to trust them that its not. also disputing for an official answer has been done before. evn disputed rudy's splatterhouse score due to the modification, and as a result got the modification ruled acceptable.

    I know people feel a disputed score hurts the player, i disagree, any score still disputed is still on the scoreboard and thefore is just as valid as any undisputed score however ,since theres room for opinion on this i can definitley agree to disagree and not really argue the point. i understand many share your viewpoint, but i feel differently. I did notice theres a "inactive dispute" area with no disputes in it, it seems tg is working towards a solution on this matter that may keep all sides happy that isnt complete yet.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes starsoldier1 liked this post
  10. 02-13-2020, 04:42 PM
    That's the problem though, the only way I could be somewhat competitive during this run is to use the tactics used by Kevin or Rudy but I did it and the run was labeled leeching. I don't wanna throw Kevin under the bus either but I don't wanna look like the badguy for something that I thought was deemed ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    I don't know that disputing an existing score just as a test case to guide decision making on this score is the right thing to do. (The converse of which might make more sense however).

    Now if you would dispute Kevin's score on its own in the absence of Ryan's score I guess that is a different matter. But if Kevin is disputed and then both scores are determined to be just fine (I'm not saying they are or are not), then I feel it would be a disservice to Kevin to have a mark against him.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us