PC - Mechatron: 2154 (A Robotron Remake) - Enduro (Default Settings) - 3,597,025 - Ian Williams

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. PC - Mechatron: 2154 (A Robotron Remake) - Enduro (Default Settings) - 3,597,025 - Ian Williams

05-10-2019, 04:03 PM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    Enduro (Default Settings)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=132446
    Rank

Rules
    Submit using default settings.

Background info:
    --Retro game by UK developer Ray Norrish, based upon the Williams arcade classic Robotron.
    --Game is available for free download from http://norrish.force9.co.uk/robotron/

Tech tips For Successful Gameplay:
    --Important for Win7 64bit OS- Edit mechatron.ini and adjust hmode=1 , then save the change.
    --Right click the mechatron.exe, troubleshoot compatibility, Troubleshoot program, click Next, highlight Windows 98, click Start Program, click Next, click Yes to Save settings, click Close
    --Any background activity from the windows taskbar/notifications will trigger the game to freeze or drop back to desktop. It is recommended to turn off all extras on the PC for successful completion of a game.
    Submission Message
    Made a vid at end showing last deaths nothing special.
    I used Windows 7 X64 and a xArcade dual joystick controller.

2. 05-13-2019, 05:36 PM
    I'm sorry, Ian. You must post the whole video with the entire game play. Voting No.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  3. 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM
    I uploaded a full game final score 4,002,200
  4. 06-23-2019, 10:34 PM
    1st video is not the entire run. Unable to see score for entirety of second video, even at end to verify. Even if able to verify score for second run at the end, according to video title, score does not match with score that is posted. Voting no.
  5. 07-05-2019, 02:26 PM
    Voting NO. Video did not capture entire gameplay, which would necessarily include a real-time visual of the score at all times.
  6. 07-05-2019, 02:29 PM
    Welcome to TG! We are always glad to see new players arrive and submit scores! Unfortunately, many new arrivals submit their first score (like I did a few months ago when I got here) without including the elements necessary to receive the votes of most (all?) adjudicators, which for PC games would include capturing the application start-up, game settings (if any) the entire gameplay which would necessarily include a real-time, continuous view of the score throughout the entire performance, and the final score. I would recommend reading TG's "Guidelines for Recording a Video Game Score Performance" in the help section found HERE. It will give you a clear idea of what is looked for in a submission. I have to vote no on this, but don't be discouraged. I would highly recommend just performing another run and submitting a video that contains the elements listed above for the *entire* run, and your submission should fly through and be accepted.
  7. 07-19-2019, 06:51 AM
    voting no on this for reasons previously stated
Join us