Atari 2600 / VCS - Roc-N-Rope - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 240,720 - Steve Germershausen

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Roc-N-Rope - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 240,720 - Steve Germershausen

05-22-2019, 05:25 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5400
    Rules
    Game 1 = One-Player; Skill 1 (easiest difficulty).
    The difficulty switches have no effect in this title and can therefore be left in either position.

Submission Message
    This run was inspired by the way GregDeg, Nads, and RogerPoco Roc'd this title recently. I took some time to read the instructions and found some info there that (to me) made the enemies more predictable, plus watching the above gamer's runs did not hurt either in learning to play this properly. This good run was done today, May 21st, 2019, after many an unsuccessful run.
    Final score: 240,720
    Set up: :17
    Run begins: 29:42

Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, GregDeg, nads liked this post
  2. 05-22-2019, 07:12 AM
    Amazing, how you were able to pick this right back up and play at an even higher level than before-I KNOW it applies to me, but I didn't really recognize that it happens to all of us-active competition here simply makes you better, gives you some extra edge of desire to push, and I really think a lot of us here now enjoy seeing others do well.

Hehe-I swear, I mentioned to Greg recently that the 2600 scoreboard could use some action from you, and you certainly provided it!

Crazy-Good, Man, Congrats!

Accepted!!!
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
    Likes GregDeg, nads liked this post
  3. 05-22-2019, 12:51 PM
    The Original Rocker is Back!!

Amazing Run Steve!

Given you lost you first life around 24k ( I would have reset ) and then that 3 man Tragedy on level 21( I would have Reset )

A Really Clumsy death at 169K ( I would have walked away by now! ) and again at the end.

But being the Champ you are, your last man rally of 71,620 pts was sensational!!

a Nice little " Got it! " call as surpass my meager total

Really good to see you reclaim the top spot.!

I just read the manual and I suppose there is something there to keep in the back of the mind, but I still believe you do need your
    fair share of Luck when hanging onto the rope.

To me this game feels a bit like the 2600 Donkey Kong, you have a Strategy, the difficulty doesn't really change but it always seems to find away to take your lives.

Again Congrats Steve!

Accepted!
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, GregDeg liked this post
  4. 05-22-2019, 01:02 PM
    Nice score, Steve! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  5. 05-22-2019, 01:11 PM
    Accepted!!!
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
  6. 05-22-2019, 07:49 PM
    Great score. Accepted!
Join us