NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Track & Field II - NTSC - Hammer Throw - Furthest Distance - 83.04 - Chad Brevik

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Track & Field II - NTSC - Hammer Throw - Furthest Distance - 83.04 - Chad Brevik

05-22-2019, 06:07 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Hammer Throw - Furthest Distance
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11394
    Rules
    Training Mode, Hammer Throw
    Special Rules: While you don't have to qualify for your distance to count, use of the Hammer Throw Glitch will result in an automatic disqualification.

[The Hammer Throw Glitch is where you keep your power level under the P and when you have to release, you allow the hammer to be flung at 80 Degrees which causes it to go a foot or Two, but register as 92.04 Meters.]
    Submission Message
    Throw starts at 2:15

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes nads, Rogerpoco, StarkillerShane liked this post
  2. 05-22-2019, 10:22 PM
    Nice distance, Chad! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Thanks Bogart thanked this post
    Likes Bogart liked this post
  3. 05-23-2019, 04:18 AM
    Nice!!!

Rolling the D-pad like that is tough-I thought about trying this with a quickshot or Advantage joystick, but tho it would probably be "legal", it just doesn't seem right on this particular track, would be very much to "gain an advantage", not just comfort.
    I think there used to be little joysticks that would snap onto the D-pad of an NES controller?(I may be mis-remembering), that would mebbe help.

Accepted!!!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
  4. 05-23-2019, 06:58 AM
    Accepted..
  5. 05-23-2019, 09:44 AM
    Thanks. Yes, this is a tough one to get. I had to try a lot of different stuff before I found what works for me.

Since turbo doesn't help on this event, I think it would be ok to use the NES Advantage on this track, but like you said, I didn't really want to do that though. I think if you used that snap on joystick thing, it would break the stick off on this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Nice!!!

Rolling the D-pad like that is tough-I thought about trying this with a quickshot or Advantage joystick, but tho it would probably be "legal", it just doesn't seem right on this particular track, would be very much to "gain an advantage", not just comfort.
    I think there used to be little joysticks that would snap onto the D-pad of an NES controller?(I may be mis-remembering), that would mebbe help.

Accepted!!!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 05-23-2019, 12:04 PM
    Doing that with a crosspad looks painful, accepted.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Bogart thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Bogart liked this post
  7. 05-23-2019, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    Doing that with a crosspad looks painful, accepted.
    (Following you around, lol, sorry!)

Yeah, Man-my pace and PITAness sometimes masks the things I am "good" at, and one I am proud of is being "good"...with controllers, lol, not even a specific game.
    Big, tall, short, small, line them up, I'll use them all, Genesis pad upside down on the floor in front of me, "Army Figure that lies down" style, 5200 controller held upside down with the stick in my face-up palm(Track and Field), I can darned figure out the "way" that works best.

Not on this one, it's as friggin nasty as you think it is, I swear!!!
    ;)
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks starsoldier1, Bogart thanked this post
Join us