This poll is closed
  1. Atari 7800 - Pole Position II - Test (Points) - 74,750 - Roger 111

05-23-2019, 09:00 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Test (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2209
    Rules
    This is for the score achieved on the Test circuit.
    Please use default settings.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, run at 8:25.
    This one is a little frustrating-it's pretty easy, but it's also pretty easy to screw up, and you can't(much, evidently, I did go off-roading at least three times, I think...).
    Couldn't resist checking it out tho, I like to go fast!
    :)
    Took a while don't be mistaken-it got a lot easier when I kinda comitted to staying towards the outside, not the inside.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Likes nads, ILLSeaBass liked this post
  2. 05-23-2019, 11:27 AM
    Good game Roger.
    So did @TWIN GALAXIES change the way they rank scores?
    In the past you would have all the tied for first then it would go to 2nd place after that.
    A scoreboard with no 2nd thru 8th place makes no sense to me at all.
    salamandermike
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 05-23-2019, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandermike View Post
    Good game Roger.
    So did @TWIN GALAXIES change the way they rank scores?
    In the past you would have all the tied for first then it would go to 2nd place after that.
    I could be mistaken, but I think it's been that way since I've been here-I prolly didn't notice such details the first year or so, so I dunno.
    I get why it is like it is, but it would also make perfectly fine sense having all positions represented-it's still "second best time/score" to the first best, even if 30 people have first best.

One of those problems best solved by drinking enough beer to not pay attention to.
    :)
    Lol, I solve a LOT of problems that way.

Meaning to get to your 5200 stuff before it goes thru, you got a couple from me I was proud of, very congrats!!!

It's been interesting the last day-you'd be one to have this conversation with-the 5200 to me now seems almost an intentional anomaly, like Atari was pushing for way different, with things they were on the fence about whether or not would stick.

The 7800 feels much more a "sequel" to the 2600 than does the 5200-I've not played too many 7800 games yet, but it seems like the 5200 attempted more complicated graphics and controls, and I think even gameplay itself, where the 7800 seems to go "back" to the 2600 with simpler gameplay but better graphics-still, "simpler" graphics than the 5200.

Ehh, I can't imagine when I'll pick up the 5200 again, but if you want to do the brainwork setting up more tracks for 5200 Pole Position, I'll pay as much as I can to help start the tracks, no worries!
    Wubalubadubdub!
    Likes Salamandermike liked this post
  4. 05-23-2019, 01:18 PM
    Pole position 5200 tracks sound good to me.
    I still have my "fastest lap" video from back in the day.
    salamandermike
  5. 05-23-2019, 01:43 PM
    Pole position 5200 tracks sound good to me.
    I still have my "fastest lap" video from back in the day.
    I TOTALLY don't understand why the Pole Position qualifying lap isn't tracked as a standard for the game, it's a fun challenge to try to go fast for one lap!
    Wubalubadubdub!
    Likes Salamandermike liked this post
  6. 05-23-2019, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I TOTALLY don't understand why the Pole Position qualifying lap isn't tracked as a standard for the game, it's a fun challenge to try to go fast for one lap!
    Great idea. Starting from 0 mph is brutal my pb is 57.79 for qualifying.
    I felt bad about using all caps on that new track so I just funded the whole thing.
    However, if you search all the Pole Position titles on TG you will see that half are in ALL CAPS lol
    salamandermike
  7. 05-24-2019, 05:22 PM
    Great score. Accepted!
  8. 05-24-2019, 05:58 PM
    This is just conjecture on my part, but I believe TG's ranking system conforms to every other competitive ranking system, in that if someone is 2nd place, for example, then that would mean that only one person has achieved a better result, thus, if 8 people are tied for 1st and someone achieves a result just under those 8 people, and having the designation "2nd place" would be kind of odd considering 8 other people would have beaten their score.
    Likes Rogerpoco, Bogart, nads liked this post
  9. 05-25-2019, 12:10 AM
    Nice score, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  10. 05-25-2019, 02:48 PM
    Happy to see you showing some love for the 'ol 7800. I too enjoy this system far more than the 5200. Lots of big ESI on this track, and with your dedication to gaming, I'm sure you'll top all the remaining tracks on this game. Good luck!

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us