Atari 7800 - Pole Position II - Fuji (Points) - 74,000 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 7800 - Pole Position II - Fuji (Points) - 74,000 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

05-24-2019, 01:36 PM
    vzaar-player

Fuji (Points)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5463
    Rank
    Rules
    This is for the score achieved on the Fuji circuit.
    Please use default settings.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, attempt at 8:50.
    Hoo hoo! This is a pretty good one!
    I'd say I could actually catch Frankie on this one-admittedly I've played this track several times the last day, but the other side is that I've only ever played it the last day, lol!
    :)
    Very surprisingly, the CX24 becomes pretty comfortable pretty quickly-tho it looks nothing like a CX40, it feels remarkably similar in your hand, and after a while the side buttons almost seem better positioned.
    I'm not "claw handling" the joystick, I pretty much control it's movement with the tip of my right thumb on top of it, is a bit slippery at times, but goes fine.
    Anyway, Pole Position.
    Yay!
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Likes Garrett Holland, StarkillerShane liked this post
  2. 05-24-2019, 03:27 PM
    I always found the Pro-Line Joysticks cramp my hand after a while. That's why I prefer to use a standard CX40 when I can. It works with games like Joust, Asteroids, Galaga, Robotron: 2084, and Centipede. It also works with Pole Position II, since I always forget the brakes and just use high and low gears to slow down for turns.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 05-24-2019, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    I always found the Pro-Line Joysticks cramp my hand after a while. That's why I prefer to use a standard CX40 when I can. It works with games like Joust, Asteroids, Galaga, Robotron: 2084, and Centipede. It also works with Pole Position II, since I always forget the brakes and just use high and low gears to slow down for turns.
    I think my hands are permanently cramped at this point, so I don't really notice it, ha!
    I have a few games on your list there, will be subbing not too good scores on them soon...

One I think is particularly good, tho I really suck at it, is Dig Dug-seems like a pretty darned perfect arcade translation-I don't care for the game, but I think I'm slowly understanding it.

Piddling with Suzuka on this game now-I think the brake is gonna be key to doing well, I just now got used to using it a bit!

Lol-believe it or not, I used a Pro-Line on 2600 hardware on Dragster and got a 5.61 with it!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  4. 05-24-2019, 04:12 PM
    Great score. This is a really nice looking version of Pole Position.

Accepted!
  5. 05-24-2019, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Great score. This is a really nice looking version of Pole Position.

Accepted!
    I had no idea, and I am super impressed so far-Dig Dug looks like Dig Dug, Galaga looks like Galaga, Joust looks like Joust, Robotron looks like Robotron.
    I stink at all those games, BTW, and my 7800 library is limited, lol!

I think it's a very underrated system on my impression so far, the standard games just really seem well represented.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks Bogart thanked this post
    Likes Bogart liked this post
  6. 05-24-2019, 11:12 PM
    Nice even score, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  7. 05-25-2019, 01:52 PM
    Hitting those corners down very well and avoiding the Sunday drivers; nice smooth run.

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
Join us