Arcade - Vs. Excitebike - Points [Tournament Settings] - 6,577,770 - Verne Voshell

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Vs. Excitebike - Points [Tournament Settings] - 6,577,770 - Verne Voshell

05-31-2019, 03:55 PM
    vzaar-player

Points [Tournament Settings]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=10907
    Rank

Rules
    Dip Switch #1/#2: [Left Side/Right Side]
    1-7 = OFF
    8 = OFF/UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title;
    Bonus Bike @ 100,000 & Every 50,000 thereafter
    Time Challenge Race: Easy
    Time Excitebike Race: Easy
    Special Rules: You may freely choose your starting level.
    Submission Message
    New VS. Excitebike WORLD RECORD!! 6,577,770 just over 12hours at track 315 broken up into 13 videos,

Special thanks to Hector "FlyHec" Rodriguez for being so supportive and encouraging. Not many people would be happy to see someone break their record. I appreciate all of the kind words.
    I also wouldn't have done this without my buddy Matt "Gillkong" McGill, who helped me locate my board, gave me a cabinet and loaned me a monitor to get my machine running. Also for helping me keep track of exactly what the score was during all the weird symbols past 3.5mil.

Hector is going to try for a new record tomorrow, Sat June 1, 2019. I will be there for the stream to cheer him on like he did for me.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432457569

Thanks Fly, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 05-31-2019, 04:08 PM
    well folks, I did it! I felt like I could have pushed it higher but just tanked at the end. I'm not sure how much was my stick malfunctioning and how much was my body/brain shutting down after playing all night. I was chose poorly and started this game at around 6pm, I called off work to finish it because it went over 12hours. (something I apparently did not expect) Next time I will start in the morning on a day I don't have to work the next.

Thanks to everyone who watched the stream and everyone who encouraged me to push for this record. I have no doubt Hector will beat me soon, and I'll have to play another long one.

Some interesting things to note. at 1million it stops giving extra men every 50k and didnt start again till 1.7mil (every 100k) then gives the pack of guys at 2.2mil. What I did not expect, is it keeps this trend. I got the multiman sound at 2.2mil, again at I think, 3.8mil and again around 5.something. It stopped giving me guys just under 6million and never started again, I am not sure when it would resume every100k or when the multiman (20? guys) would happen again. I felt like my stick was malfunctioning and I wasted about 11 men at the end in spectacular melt-down fashion. I knew hector had a 4.4mil game video so I Wanted at least 5million and once I Was there, I thought 10million was realistic. I am happy with 6.577,770 but really wanted to push it to 10million. If I had known I Would tank 11 or 12 men at the end and end the game "prematurely" I would have just quit and gone to work.

Also, around 10 hours into the game, it stopped giving symbols for track # and started over at 1. Hector speculated that, like track n field, it probably rolled over at 256 screens. At the end it says I am on track 59, so assuming we cleared 256 prior to it rolling over, I Was on track 315. Also, when it got back to 1-13, the time to beat matched the track it thought I Was on. for example 10 hours in when it says track 4 again, the time to beat is 1:23 normally past 13 its 1:17 for the rest of the game. But it thought we were at the beginning. it even showed all the track numbers when I got to track 263 (track 7 after the rollover) instead of the normal 7-7-7-7-7-7-7 all across the screen.

We did the best we could to keep track of the score and I am 99% sure it's accurate. If anything it was 100k higher than I think it is.

If anyone watches the entire video and thinks we miscounted, please let me know.

Thanks for everyone who watches all 12hours and Thanks to Hector, Matt and all the others who watched live on twitch. <3 you guys!

As far as scoring goes. After 999,999, when it rolls
    https://www.twitch.tv/vernev
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 05-31-2019, 04:14 PM
    It wont let me edit. What I was going to say at the end was,

as far as scoring goes, it rolls over at 999.999 and goes to letters, A=10 B=11 C=1.2mil etc etc. Z is 3.5million and then it goes to undecypherable symbols, pixels or just black spot. Stream viewers counted every 100k and kept a running score in chat, to keep track. If you think we err'd please let me know. I am 99.9% positive we got it right. If anything the score I am submitting is 100k short.
    https://www.twitch.tv/vernev
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 06-01-2019, 08:01 AM
    Congrats on your submission, Verne! I'll be reviewing the video when I can over the next day or so, but for those reviewing, I confirmed that the run starts at 12:13:32 remaining

Bonus bike confirmed at 100k (seen at 12:07:41 remaining, but you can hear the bonus chime earlier) and 50k (12:05:10 remaining).
  5. 06-01-2019, 09:21 AM
    "
    Bonus bike confirmed at 100k (seen at 12:07:41 remaining, but you can hear the bonus chime earlier) and 50k (12:05:10 remaining). "

what do you mean you can hear the bonus chime earlier?? The Extra man chime always happens at the start of a race. There is a similar sound for getting a track speed record. I'm not sure what sound you're referring to.

This video seems to be the one from twitch and has a 6track start before the real game begins. I failed 6 in the first game so I rebooted the machine and started over.
  6. 06-01-2019, 10:10 AM
    It sounds like to me that at the point you first reach 100,000, there's a "chime" or sound at that exact moment of gameplay indicating "extra bike awarded," but the extra bike(s) are not displayed on screen like Pac-Man. As far as I understand, you only see the extra bikes at the conclusion of the race when the racers take their place on the podium.
    Thanks VerneV thanked this post
    Likes VerneV liked this post
  7. 06-01-2019, 10:59 AM
    yes this is correct, you only see the number of men at the end of each track and past 9 it becomes a symbol. You also hear the extra man sound when you use one. So after you fail a track, and after the time is displayed and you're shown kicking a can or rock, the screen shows black and says "extra man" and the sound chimes, indicating that you have used one of your extra men. the Multi-extra man sound, is heard at 2.2million again at 3.8 million and also around 5.4million.

The extra men are weird in this game. it periodically stops giving them to you every 50k and just doesn't for a while. Then it begins giving them every 100k until a certain point where it gives you several at once (20?). presumably the ones it failed to award.
  8. 06-01-2019, 10:12 PM
    Nice score, Verne! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  9. 06-02-2019, 02:02 PM
    Voting yes accepted
    A is the 1st million points
    B = 100,000
    C = 200,000
    D = 300,000
    E = 400,000
    F = 500,000
    G = 600,000
    H = 700,000
    I = 800,000
    J = 900,000
    K = 2 million
    L = 2.1 million
    M = 2.2 million
    N = 2.3 million
    O = 2.4 million
    P = 2.5 million
    Q = 2.6 million
    R = 2.7 million
    S = 2.8 million
    T = 2.9 million
    U = 3 million
    V = 3.1 million
    W = 3.2 million
    X = 3.3 million
    Y = 3.4 million
    Z = 3.5 million

Score rolls over at 1 million points highest score before a million points 999,995 points
    Game starts at 12:13:20 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 88
Size:  736.2 KB
    Bonus Bike @ 100,000 & Every 50,000 thereafter is at 12:10:09 ,12:05:14 etc. left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 85
Size:  756.0 KBName:  image.png
Views: 92
Size:  826.5 KBName:  image.png
Views: 90
Size:  739.7 KB
    Game settings begin at 12:13:26 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 87
Size:  655.0 KB Name:  image.png
Views: 89
Size:  661.1 KB
    Arcade - Vs. Excitebike - Points [Tournament Settings] - 6,577,770 - Verne Voshell Final Score is at 4:57 left on the video Name:  image.png
Size:  760.6 KB

Score rolls over at 1 million points highest score before a million points 999,995 points
    1 million points is at 10:38:51 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 89
Size:  779.6 KBName:  image.png
Views: 93
Size:  756.2 KB
    2 million points is at 8:50:09 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 90
Size:  741.6 KB
    3 million points is at 7:0:27 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 84
Size:  740.0 KB
    4 million points is at 5:19:21 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 96
Size:  602.4 KB
    5 million points is at 3:17:56 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 86
Size:  769.8 KB
    6 million points is at 1:28:52 left on the video Name:  image.png
Size:  712.8 KB

Hardware CPU, Dip switch game settings begin at 3:12 left on the video Name:  image.png
Size:  784.0 KB Name:  image.png
Views: 88
Size:  702.7 KBName:  image.png
Views: 81
Size:  746.8 KBName:  image.png
Views: 77
Size:  736.4 KB
    https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/...-_Nintendo.pdf
    Name:  image.png
Views: 92
Size:  128.4 KB
    Name:  image.png
Views: 81
Size:  753.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  10. 06-02-2019, 02:06 PM
    Congratulations Verne a World Record
    Points [Tournament Settings]
    FOUNDED BY: TWIN GALAXIES ;
    View Rules
    Rank
    Verne Voshell
    Date Verified: 2019-05-31
    Percent: 100.00%
    Verification Method: IN PROCESS
    Rank
    Hector T. Rodriguez
    Date Verified: 2011-03-22
    Percent: 55.41%
    Verification Method: DVD
    Rank
    Jesse Corrington
    Date Verified: 2009-06-12
    Percent: 48.73%
    Verification Method: Referee
    Rank
    Verne Voshell
    Date Verified: 2019-05-22
    Percent: 22.22%
    Verification Method: TGSAP
    Rank
    Davide Rossi
    Date Verified: 1985-07-08
    Percent: 19.37%
    Rank
    James Hillard
    Date Verified: 1985-06-27
    Percent: 6.06%
    Rank
    Perry Rodgers
    Date Verified: 2009-06-13
    Percent: 2.09%
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitebike
    At the start of the game, the player can choose from five tracks in which to race. Whether the player chooses to race solo or against computer-assisted riders, there is a certain time limit. The goal is to qualify for the Excitebike championship race by finishing at third place or above in the preliminary challenge race. The times to beat are located on the stadium walls for first place, and in the lower left corner for third place. In any race, the best time is 8 seconds ahead of third place. When the player places first, a message appears: "It's a new record!" Additional points are earned by beating the previously-set record time.

The player controls the position of the red motorcycle with the Y-axis of the directional pad, and controls acceleration with the A and B buttons. Using B causes greater acceleration, but also increases the motorcycle's temperature shown as a bar at the bottom of the screen. When the temperature exceeds safe limits the bar becomes full; the player will be immobilized for several seconds while the bike cools down. Driving over an arrow will immediately reduce the bike's temperature.

The pitch of the motorcycle's airborne trajectory can be modified with the X-axis of the directional pad: left raises the front, and right lowers the front. In the air, this rotates the bike, but can also be used to perform wheelies on the ground. Pushing up or down turns the handlebars left or right, respectively, when the bike is on the ground.

If the player crashes by colliding with an opponent or ramp, or by landing badly from a jump, the rider is knocked off the bike and lands in the field. Pushing A repeatedly allows the rider to run back to the bike and continue the race.

Modes
    Excitebike has three modes of gameplay. In Selection A, the player races solo. In Selection B, CPU players join the player. They act as another form of obstacle; hitting one from the rear will cause the player to fall off the bike, and any CPU riders hitting the player's rear wheel will cause them to fall off.

In Design Mode, the player has the ability to build racing tracks. The player can choose hills and obstacles of various sizes and place them, represented by the letters A-S. The player can also choose where to finish the lap, and how many laps there are (up to nine). After it is finished, the player can race the track in either Selection A or Selection B.

The Japanese version of the game allows saving the player-created tracks to cassette tape, requiring the Famicom Data Recorder peripheral. Since this peripheral was only available in Japan and intended for use with Nintendo's Family BASIC, track saving is effectively unavailable to American and European players even though there are "save" and "load" options present within the in-game menus of those versions. The game's English manual states that "Save and Load menu selections are not operable in this game; they have been programmed in for potential product developments". These options were removed in the e-Reader version of the game.

Unlike Wrecking Crew, Excitebike was never re-released for the Famicom Disk System in its original form. Subsequently, courses created within the version available on the Wii Virtual Console release in all regions can actually be saved to the Wii's internal memory.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us