Dispute: Matthew Felix - Nintendo Game Cube - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - NTSC - Hyrulean Adventure [Fastest Completion] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 03:04:49.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Matthew Felix - Nintendo Game Cube - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - NTSC - Hyrulean Adventure [Fastest Completion] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 03:04:49.0

07-15-2019, 04:53 PM
    Nintendo Game Cube - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - NTSC - Hyrulean Adventure [Fastest Completion]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=24214
    Rules
    Factory Default [Must start a NEW GAME, Single-Player Game, 1 Live Only, No Saves]

Special Rules: Player has 1 attempt to complete entire game, Force Fairy to revive Link is NOT allowed. The timer begins when you hit start on Single-Player Game and ends when you lay the final blow to Ganon. You must complete the game or your record/attempt will be disqualified.
    Player Name
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Video
    Verification Date
    2007-09-24
    Disputed Score
    03:04:49.0 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    starcrytas
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Copying and pasting with some edits from my post here:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/freeko/...2#comment45243

TG Rules - New file and clock does not stop between levels. Time here is 3:04:49.

SDA Rules - Individual level (IL) cutscenes are able to be skipped since you're playing the level after it's beaten. TSA's runs got removed off of the IL table, so here is the archive of the complete table.
    https://archive.org/details/FourSwordsAdventures_IL
    Timing at SDA is done from gaining control to touching the end of level warp (lose control). Example is on 1-1, the runner had a :12 gain control, 4:22 lose control, and retimed from a frame by frame to a 4:09. This run I reference here is the very first video in the archive.org link.

The reason why I doubt Rodrigo's time?
    I'll use this video as a reference for some timings:

TG Rules are:
    "Factory Default [Must start a NEW GAME, Single-Player Game, 1 Live Only, No Saves]

Special Rules: Player has 1 attempt to complete entire game, Force Fairy to revive Link is NOT allowed. The timer begins when you hit start on Single-Player Game and ends when you lay the final blow to Ganon. You must complete the game or your record/attempt will be disqualified."

Intro is about 5 minutes (:12-5:08 on JP text) and time between levels is about 20 seconds per level (example is from 7:33-7:54). Then you have from world to world transitions that take about 30 seconds (example is from 17:24-17:55).
    Each world has 3 levels. That leaves 2 level transitions per world (ex 1-1 to 1-2 to 1-3) which is 40 seconds total. With 8 worlds of this, 8x40 = 320 seconds = 5:20.
    Then there are 8 worlds. With 7 world transitions in the game, each taking about 30 seconds each, 7x30=210 seconds = 3:30.
    5 minute intro + 5:20 between levels + 3:30 between levels = 13:50 disadvantage playing on TG rules.
    Rodrigo's individual level time would be 2:50:59. Distributing the 13:50 (830 seconds) evenly over 24 levels would give about 34.583 seconds of time save per level average. Many levels don't have that possibility unless glitches are used.
    The reference speedrun was played on the Japanese version, which saves some time on text. Rodrigo played on English. I don't know the time save from playing on Japanese, but it's still some disadvantage and adds maybe half of a second to a full second here and there.
    Rodrigo's final moments:

Doesn't seem likely that Rodrigo's 3:04:49 is possible without glitches.
    Maybe Rodrigo found something that saved time? Maybe Rodrigo is better than all of the SDA players combined?
    True, time saves are possible and SDA runs aren't the godlike speedruns, but I doubt there are glitchless strategies from 2007 that saved almost 14 minutes. In a 3 hour speedrun, your going to make mistakes. No one is perfect.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes datagod, Snowflake, Tompa liked this post
  2. 07-15-2019, 05:37 PM
    Something does kind of seem up with this.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
  3. 07-16-2019, 12:10 AM
    From Zmaster, current WR holder:
    "JP only saves like 35 seconds in "glitchless" (since the person compares to one of my runs) and just that from my experience a deathless, glitchless 3:04 takes a lot of prepartion (which I couldn't do after 3 months of practice/routing and 7 mins worth of skips) which people didn't really do back then. "
    Thanks starcrytas thanked this post
  4. 07-16-2019, 07:01 AM
    We live in TGSAP. Rodrigo is still active. Rodrigo says he has the tapes. Easy solution is to upload the actual full run.
    Likes EVN, Tompa, starcrytas liked this post
  5. 07-16-2019, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggers View Post
    We live in TGSAP. Rodrigo is still active. Rodrigo says he has the tapes. Easy solution is to upload the actual full run.
    @Siliconian

You had no problem in the past showing your "final moments" videos, so how hard can it be to show the entire run here?
    I get that it's 3 hours long, but still, you can leave the tape playing with a camera pointed at the screen while you go do other stuff. Your Mario Kart videos show good quality that is acceptable!

Also, when asked about this record:
    Name:  Screenshot (916).png
Views: 187
Size:  108.3 KB

I understand it's been years since this run was done, but even a quick look at the Speed Demos Archive table, you'd see that the table is incomplete! There are 24 levels in the game with 3 levels for the 8 worlds. As explained in my rationale, you have way to make up almost 14 minutes due to spending time between stages. That's not including time loss from mistakes.

If you look at the current Speed Demos Archive level table, you'll see that it's incomplete with 20 levels with the total time of 2:31:30
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaFo...dventures.html

Again, here is what the completed table looks like:
    https://archive.org/details/FourSwordsAdventures_IL

Let's put the Rodrigo Zelda records debate to an end!
    Rodrigo, please show your videos! It will hopefully end all doubt surrounding your speedruns!
    Likes Tompa liked this post
  6. 07-19-2019, 01:42 AM
    Just like the past decade it is pretty clear that @Siliconian isn't willing to speak up or show footage that they claim to have. Why? I can't even answer that.

What does a person have to hide that is so great that in this age of transparency forces a person to resort to mobile games and not a single major title? Family life? Even though they have dedicated the time to literally spam the adjudication thread with mobile games they won't even take less than a hour to show proof.

Is it because they won't convert VHS tapes to digital? I can show a person in less than 10 seconds how to take a recording of a recording and less than 10 minutes on how to convert the file which Rodrigo has done 10 years ago on his own YouTube channel and arrogantly the last 5 minutes of the run.

Is it because they "don't speak english well?" To that I would resort to a thing called Google that can translate.

Is it because it was verified by a now disgraced ref and two other refs that he has proven to not submit to even though he claimed he did?

So many questions and we might never get an answer, but I will say this right now... The times in question should be exactly that. In question...

We live in the year 2019 and as predominate of a gamer that you claim to be you should be able to take any kind footage and upload it here as you have in the past. I'm literally going through all the excuses over the past 15 years and have yet to be able to rack my brain around why you think these excuses are justifiable.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Tompa, starcrytas, Marcade liked this post
  7. 07-19-2019, 01:55 AM
    @Siliconian You can't even say that you don't have the tapes anymore since you told @starcrytas you had them. SO WHAT IS THE EXCUSE THIS TIME? As a fan of you dodging questions and answers I would like to know what the 21st excuse is.
    Likes Tompa, starcrytas, Marcade liked this post
  8. 07-19-2019, 05:27 AM
    Offering my services. I have the equipment and time to press a button and walk away while it records VHS to digital. Will also pay for shipping. I won't even make it public if you don't want. Will just get a expert to check sections as required. Will do this for any or all game runs in question.
    Thanks Ninglendo thanked this post
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
  9. 07-19-2019, 12:05 PM
    I'd like to submit this link from SDA to the Rodrigo Excuse Hall of Fame.

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/...igo_lopes.html

"Hello Guys

Well, I know that almost all guys of SDA don't like me because I don't send the videos here, but I let available in my youtube page some of my scores of the other Metroid Team member, the fastest completion records is too large and I just recorded the final moments (the true is that my camera just record 6 minutes.. :P)"

Thanks Lauren Tyler thanked this post
    Likes Lauren Tyler liked this post
  10. 07-19-2019, 04:53 PM
    Well, I think that's more proof that this dispute is valid.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
Join us