Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-07-2019, 11:31 AM
    So it's not possible to force that spawn and still get that time?
  2. 11-07-2019, 11:39 AM
    Kyle, I don't believe people here are just to see Rodrigo burn.. quite the opposite. Everyone here seems to care way more about the scoreboard than the people themselves.

As for the ball cutting, Rodrigo seems to be doing that himself.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod, Marcade liked this post
  3. 11-07-2019, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    yeah i'm sympathetic to the bad blood created under the old corrupt incompetant refs

i'd also ask jace to consider if the line about the speed runners confirming tg did everything properly is really needed. isnt it good enough for them to confrim the score is impossible? do they really have to swear allegiance to tg for their word to count?
    If the members of the speedrunning community would like to post a modified version of the statement that they are comfortable with that is fine - however if the statement is not strong enough it will not be enough to move the needle toward resolution.

It is important to understand that all this has to be done with such detail and formality due to the fact that later legal action regarding the whole matter is now always a potential issue.

I would not want or encourage anyone to do anything that they are not comfortable with.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks Snowflake, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  4. 11-07-2019, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Kyle, I don't believe people here are just to see Rodrigo burn.. quite the opposite. Everyone here seems to care way more about the scoreboard than the people themselves.

As for the ball cutting, Rodrigo seems to be doing that himself.
    If Rodrigo shared the evidence and we saw that his record was legitimate, I would personally lead the charge to get Summoning Salt to update his Zelda world record progression video to get Rodrigo the credit he deserves. No matter what he believes, I was never out to get him. I simply wanted to take a long term debate over his time and formally dispute it in the hope we could get a resolution either way. I just want this to stop being a questionable score on here, and either confirm it or remove it.
    Likes starcrytas, Desidious, datagod liked this post
  5. 11-07-2019, 11:55 AM
    It was confirmed when it was entered in the database.
  6. 11-07-2019, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    It was confirmed when it was entered in the database.
    If that were the case, there would be no disputes at all. As every score would be "confirmed".

But things have made it into the database with all sorts of issues - never being verified anywhere at any point, getting "verified" with people who didn't understand the rules of the game, getting "verified" by people doing it themselves, and even managing to deceive refs that made a good faith attempt to "verify" the score.

Being in the database does not suffice for "confirming" the score's validity.
    Likes starcrytas, datagod, Snowflake liked this post
  7. 11-07-2019, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    So it's not possible to force that spawn and still get that time?
    That question has been answered already in this dispute. Please take some time to read up.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  8. 11-07-2019, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    That question has been answered already in this dispute. Please take some time to read up.
    Has anyone tested using the pause button and seeing if that alters spawns in the game? Rodrigo claims he could only record for 6 minutes back then. Pausing was allowed for recording purposes back then. In a 31-32 minute video that means a minimum of pausing of 6 times. Has that been tested? Not many people are even aware of a pause function in the game. It's the select button BTW.
  9. 11-07-2019, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    If that were the case, there would be no disputes at all. As every score would be "confirmed".

But things have made it into the database with all sorts of issues - never being verified anywhere at any point, getting "verified" with people who didn't understand the rules of the game, getting "verified" by people doing it themselves, and even managing to deceive refs that made a good faith attempt to "verify" the score.

Being in the database does not suffice for "confirming" the score's validity.
    According to TG it does. Isn't that why so much evidence is needed to remove scores? Otherwise this score and many others would have been out in less than a day.
  10. 11-07-2019, 01:46 PM
    There is also a possible way he went backwards by accident. The screen with the blue ladder and the screen with entrance to Lvl 9 has enemies. He could have gotten knocked back to the previous screen, which would be that one backwards screen needed to cause the spawn. Has that been tested. Then him going backwards and having that spawn would now be reasonable...if it actually does alter the spawn.
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Join us