Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 07-26-2019, 05:52 AM
    As he hasn't bothered to reply to any of the disputes, despite being active on the site, it's clear that he either doesn't care or he simply can't upload his cheated evidence. Might as well remove the runs =).
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
  2. 07-26-2019, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
    As he hasn't bothered to reply to any of the disputes, despite being active on the site, it's clear that he either doesn't care or he simply can't upload his cheated evidence. Might as well remove the runs =).
    Unfortunately, the Twin Galaxies idea seems is that a score in the database is valid until proven invalid.

This would be over rather quickly if @Siliconian upload the speedruns he constantly claims are valid.
  3. 07-26-2019, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    Unfortunately, the Twin Galaxies idea seems is that a score in the database is valid until proven invalid.

This would be over rather quickly if @Siliconian upload the speedruns he constantly claims are valid.
    This seems to put us in the situation where the only person who could provide definite evidence to the validity of the dispute is the one person who stands to lose something from it. It's quite the catch-22 that the TG admin's dispute rules have created.
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  4. 07-26-2019, 11:52 AM
    Has he even been online at all? Because if he's not on for a while, then I'd think we should just remove it.

After all, I don't believe you-know-who attempted to reply to any of his many disputed score topics, did he?
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  5. 07-26-2019, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    Has he even been online at all? Because if he's not on for a while, then I'd think we should just remove it.

After all, I don't believe you-know-who attempted to reply to any of his many disputed score topics, did he?
    Oh, he's still here and he's still submitting - has a number of new ones as of today. Thus I would assume he knows about the disputes and has chosen not to respond - which doesn't surprise me, as he has nothing to gain from responding to them.
    Thanks Lauren Tyler thanked this post
    Likes starcrytas, Lauren Tyler, ersatz_cats liked this post
  6. 07-26-2019, 12:31 PM
    I would like to bring up a separate issue regarding this dispute to the @admin staff .

If you follow the link to the leaderboard page for this run, it shows "Date Submitted: 2006-06-12".

But if you look at the top of this dispute, it shows "Verification Date: 2006-07-09".

Which is the actual date of this? Why are we seeing two different dates? How many other places is this showing up?
    Likes starcrytas, ersatz_cats liked this post
  7. 07-26-2019, 10:35 PM
    The date for his ALttP run is also incorrect. It says his run was submitted on 2003-06-05: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/th...st-completion/

But it was first up in 2005-09-19: https://www.twingalaxies.com/archive.../t-114751.html
  8. 07-29-2019, 05:40 PM
    Has anyone asked Dave or Jace if TG ever acquired the cache of tapes that I had sent to the Shawn Cram (via Brian Kuh) back in Nov/07 ? That would handily answer all questions as the VHS tape would be part of that cache.

Additionally, as I wrote several hundred WR-related articles for TG, has anyone checked the old TG archives yet for the article that I wrote ? For Zelda runs I had a very specific format for the original Zelda and aLttP which I adhered to for all reported and verified submissions that passed by me. It might at least shed some light on matters.
    Likes Snowflake, starcrytas, ersatz_cats liked this post
  9. 07-29-2019, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Has anyone asked Dave or Jace if TG ever acquired the cache of tapes that I had sent to the Shawn Cram (via Brian Kuh) back in Nov/07 ? That would handily answer all questions as the VHS tape would be part of that cache.

Additionally, as I wrote several hundred WR-related articles for TG, has anyone checked the old TG archives yet for the article that I wrote ? For Zelda runs I had a very specific format for the original Zelda and aLttP which I adhered to for all reported and verified submissions that passed by me. It might at least shed some light on matters.
    1. totally agree dave or jace should find the tapes so we can find what other fake scores you signed off on (see point 2)
    2. yes, you're articles detailed fake runs that you congratulated as real are known. I think you're refering to this for alttp yes? https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...orld-Record-!! dont worry, honorable future TG administration removed your damage there and its no longer on the scoreboard, but yes, you're beloved write up where you admit to verifying it remains.

(now if we can only find all the dodge 'em scores you removed for beating you and add them back :))
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes RedDawn liked this post
  10. 07-30-2019, 06:32 AM
    The only mention of the run is from the topic that Starcrytas posted about earlier. There was no "WR News" or anything for it.
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Join us