Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 12-02-2019, 02:52 PM
    If there is a temporary ban I think there should be clear conditions as I've seen in some speedrun decisions on cheating:

1) Full disclosure of any other misrepresented submissions
    2) Statement of responsibility and acknowledgment of the disputed score(s)

I think it undermines the dispute review process and the decision if Lopes can continue to claim the dispute is invalid after returning from a ban. If he decides to leave TG he can claim he's innocent to his heart's content but being a member here should require that gamers take responsibility for their actions.
    Likes starcrytas, Snowflake, ersatz_cats liked this post
  2. 12-02-2019, 03:02 PM
    CHEATERS JUSTICE!!! One can either have the money and the hammer, or one can walk outta here. You cant have both!

Full ban...ALL scores stripped. No questions asked...
    Likes starcrytas, swaggers, ersatz_cats liked this post
  3. 12-02-2019, 03:15 PM
    Remove all scores. Full ban.

no compromise. He has given zero evidence in self defence despite claiming it exists. this was a huge abuse of trust.
    Help me beat Snowflake at the "Like Game"
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes starcrytas, swaggers liked this post
  4. 12-02-2019, 03:27 PM
    Todd cheated and got a full ban.
    Billy cheated and got a full ban.
    Rodrigo deserves a full ban.

That would be fair, right?
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  5. 12-02-2019, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Remove all scores. Full ban.

no compromise. He has given zero evidence in self defence despite claiming it exists. this was a huge abuse of trust.
    I notified the Chief Online Chess Administrator. He will be issuing you a lifetime ban on all chess sites, until you provide proof that you actually did not cheat at the game.

Name:  image.png
Views: 144
Size:  4.4 KB

Mark Rappen' Hammer? Is that this guy?
    Name:  image.png
Views: 145
Size:  134.1 KB
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 12-02-2019, 04:35 PM
    Given that this matter will be closed soon, I just wanted to offer my final two bits.

Rodrigo was given more than enough time and opportunities to prove that he was playing legitimately. Yet, all he did was whine and accuse us of being the real villains here. He provided pretty much no evidence to support his claims that he was playing legitimately. His last post was pretty much him going into a rant about this whole thing which, to be honest, I couldn't entirely make heads or tails of due to his constant contradictions among other things.

He's pretty much been nonexistent, save for his ranting and whatnot. He hasn't posted anything in other disputes of his scores (at least not that I have seen.)

*looks down at her fingernails and blows on them idly*

I've said all I have to, now we wait.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes Marcade, ersatz_cats liked this post
  7. 12-02-2019, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    accuse us of being the real villains here.
    Name:  Snidely_Whiplash.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  35.1 KB

Looking for some rope and a train track as we speak!
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade, datagod liked this post
  8. 12-02-2019, 05:29 PM
    More than the rants about haters and how Rodrigo is so important to Twin Galaxies because he has so many submissions and has created so many mobile game tracks, is the part about him clearly showing no regard towards people wasting their time and energy on this almost 400-post thread. People from the Zelda speedrunning community who took the time to come here and detail the inner workings of the game and explain why the messed up spawns in dungeon 9 are something that doesn't happen to runners that know what they're doing in the game... somehow not addressed anywhere in Rodrigo's ramblings.

None of this had to happen if he posted the full video, or just came clean about what he did. His attempts to ask for a temporary ban but not full wipe, despite Jace's repeated statements that Rodrigo does NOT get to choose the details of his punishment, is sounding an awful lot like a plea bargain from someone who knows the jig is up.

Bring the hammer down.
  9. 12-02-2019, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BBH View Post
    His attempts to ask for a temporary ban but not full wipe, despite Jace's repeated statements that Rodrigo does NOT get to choose the details of his punishment, is sounding an awful lot like a plea bargain from someone who knows the jig is up.
    This is what I've been saying all along. Although he sounds less like he's asking and more demanding. Still, the fact remains that he's in big trouble now.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  10. 12-02-2019, 09:14 PM
    I have literally no dog in this fight as I have been away for quite a while. I will say it cant cost that much to make a video of this and send it in digitally. There has to be plenty of places take a VHS and make it into a video. Heck I would be willing to consider paying for it if its under USD $50. Still giving what I'm reading (Which is no way all of the thread I aint got that kinda time) I cant see why anyone is saying its ok to not remove everything here. TGSAP or not. When everyone provides the "how' to do it something all of a sudden the no information you get from people suddenly becomes the "yeah thats how i did it stuff". Robotron ring a bell?
    Games are meant to be fun....
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Join us