Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-15-2019, 12:40 PM
    Some questionable things have been brought to my attention as well as some things that I have stumbled upon myself. I'm in the process of compiling everything and as soon as I'm done I will post what I have here.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, starcrytas, Marcade, datagod liked this post
  2. 11-15-2019, 02:05 PM
    So I was doing some digging and found some interesting things in the archives. A member asked previously about if Rodrigo used a different route or if there was a death that could of caused the level 9 enemy spawns. I would like to point everyone's attention to this thread from 2003.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...all-Completion

Here in this thread we can see RTM verified a Zelda run where the player went from level 8 to 9. This has path has been unchanged for over 16 years. Now there is something else to note in that thread too and that is the rules of submitting to this game. The 7th rule says and I quote "if at any point in the game your heart counter is depleted, your record is invalid".

Name:  rodrigozelda1.PNG
Views: 137
Size:  40.2 KB

This means that if Rodrigo would of died in his run his run would of been immediately DQ'd. So there was no alternate path taken nor did he die. The evidence provided by members of this community confirms 100% that the footage that was analyzed (which Rodrigo confirmed to be the run) is in fact SPLICED.

I would also like to point some attention to this thread as well.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...h-Out-!!/page2

In this thread we have Rodrigo claiming he had gotten a WR time using an emulator.

Name:  rodrigozelda2.PNG
Views: 124
Size:  74.1 KB

The next post is from RTM saying that using an emulator concerns him and he will have to talk to Ron and Jeff to see if should be allowed.

Name:  rodrigozelda3.PNG
Views: 121
Size:  94.1 KB

Community members and even a former ref express concerns about using emulators then Rodrigo makes a follow up post

Name:  rodrigozelda4.PNG
Views: 119
Size:  66.6 KB

RTM then insists that he will still have a talk about using emulator runs. Sadly the thread ends right afterwards with no conclusion.

Name:  rodrigozelda5.PNG
Size:  77.3 KB

This is a bit of a concern to me because we have a person claiming they can do a WR on emulator and then a ref checking to see if it is allowed with no update or conclusion on the matter. We also know that Rodrigo had been playing Zelda on emulators since 2003.

Now this one was brought to my attention by other people in the community. For a long time people had questions on if the Metroid Team from Brazil had been verifying their own records. Former refs stated in the past that one of the rules when they became refs was they couldnt verify their own records. I would like to point people's attention to this thread.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...l=1#post661037

Scott Stilphen (Stonic) had asked Todd about this issue only for Todd to tell him that in fact Walter did give them permission to do so.

Name:  rodrigozelda6.PNG
Views: 120
Size:  39.4 KB

After this thread was brought to my attention from Matthew I read it only to find this confirmation from Stilphen. Another thing Matthew pointed out was this.

Name:  rodrigozelda7.PNG
Size:  79.5 KB

As you can see Rodrigo has had plenty of scores and speedruns verified by a referee in the database. If Rodrigo lives in Brazil and the only refs in Brazil were his friends and teammates then who was the ref in Brazil that verified these? This isn't just scores and times that were part of one event either. This spanned around a course of 8 years. Another thing worth pointing out is that Rodrigo flat out refused to submit to any ref but RTM. There is a thread in the archive that I had came across when this dispute started that I can't seem to find where it proves as such. Rodrigo was sitting on a new Zelda record and the head NES ref at the time Kelly Flewin advised him to send it to the actual NES ref since Robert was gone for 8 months. Rodrigo refused and instead decided to wait 8 months for Robert to even be back. That's pretty suspicious but include the fact that once Team Brazil became refs this was no longer an issue and the Zelda WR announcements from Robert just seemingly stopped. There might be some more digging I can do but I will have to see about that when I get some more free time. Hopefully this info helps. Thanks.
  3. 11-15-2019, 02:13 PM
    SMOKE THAT IS HOLY!

The coffin is nailed. Lowered into the ground. Prayers have been said. Holy water sprinkled.
    All we need to do now is grab a shovel and fill in the hole.

I hope that made sense.
    Please forward all complains to the corruption and collusion department
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Likes Marcade, Ninglendo liked this post
  4. 11-15-2019, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    So I was doing some digging and found some interesting things in the archives.

There might be some more digging I can do but I will have to see about that when I get some more free time. Hopefully this info helps. Thanks.

KEEP DIGGING DUDE!!!
    Likes Ninglendo, datagod liked this post
  5. 11-15-2019, 02:25 PM
    I would also like to point out one other thing. When Stilphen raised concerns of Team Metroid verifying each other runs Rodrigo had TWO Atari 2600 verified by a ref months earlier.

Name:  rodrigozelda8.PNG
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  rodrigozelda9.PNG
Size:  36.7 KB
    Thanks datagod, starcrytas thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, datagod, starcrytas, Snowflake liked this post
  6. 11-15-2019, 02:54 PM
    I said it before and I'll say it again, we have a very solid case here.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes starcrytas, datagod, Ninglendo liked this post
  7. 11-15-2019, 03:24 PM
    Been only reading this dispute thus far (not commenting anything), but wow. The evidence Glen provided doesn't just concern only this score. Deletion of all Rodrigos scores and permanent ban is the ONLY option at this point.
    Thanks Lauren Tyler, Ninglendo, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, Lauren Tyler, starcrytas, datagod liked this post
  8. 11-15-2019, 03:33 PM
    All 5,800+ of Rodrigo's scores be like

Name:  spongebob.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  261.2 KB
    Likes datagod liked this post
  9. 11-15-2019, 03:41 PM
    I'm just gonna say this; wasn't it convenient how Robert never mentioned any of this emulator stuff. Surely he still remembers if emulator was used, or did his memory vanish just as quickly as he washed his hands from this dispute.
    Thanks Marcade, starcrytas thanked this post
    Likes Ninglendo, starcrytas, Marcade, Snowflake liked this post
  10. 11-15-2019, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonas View Post
    I'm just gonna say this; wasn't it convenient how Robert never mentioned any of this emulator stuff. Surely he still remembers if emulator was used, or did his memory vanish just as quickly as he washed his hands from this dispute.
    Yes... Its his typical "run and hide"... [*****************************EDITED BY ADMIN***************************]

And congrats to Rodrigo, who used him and his own "team" to manipulate and cheat his scores! Either way, his reputation is OFFICIALLY tarnished via this very dispute!
    Last edited by Jace Hall; 11-16-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    Likes starcrytas, Ninglendo, Snowflake liked this post
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Join us