Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-16-2019, 12:27 PM
    Posted for public record and transparency:
    Name:  Rodrigo-01.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  174.6 KB
    Name:  Rodrigo-02.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  492.0 KB
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks Marcade, GibGirl thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  2. 11-16-2019, 12:41 PM
    @mrturk ,

Your post was helpful, thank you.

One thing I would like to specifically understand in the finest detail is the notion regarding the enemy positions.

Quote Originally Posted by mrturk View Post
    These would all be "non-optimal" ways to produce the enemies in those positions which represent the 4 ways that Starcrytas and I brought to the dispute.
    I want to be clear in my understanding of the assertion that it has been definitively proven impossible for the enemy configuration to be as depicted in Rodrigo's run without splicing.

Is this assertion an absolute fact?

So far, what I have been able to discern is the statement that says, "The only other time we've seen this configuration so far is in a spliced run."

Now just because it has only been seen in a "spliced run," that does not definitively prove that there is absolutely no other possibility of the configuration occurrence.

So what I am trying to understand is how is it absolutely known that there is no way possible for the configuration to take place? Have all possible permutations and outcomes been vetted? If so, who did that and where can I see that information?

Also, regarding the historic "spliced run" - is there any documentation about how the splice was determined and definitively proven? Did the person admit to it being spliced? If it is being used as an absolute reference, I want to make sure that the determination on that run was in fact absolute as well.

If it is 100% definitively proven that there is absolutely no programmatic way for the enemy configuration to be as Rodrigo's was without splicing or other unfair manipulation, then the case can easily be closed - so any clarity you can provide on this in terms of hard evidence would be helpful.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  3. 11-16-2019, 12:54 PM
    This isn't a judiciary system at all. If it was, the jury would have made a ruling and that definitely ain't us.

How about instead of us "flapping our lips" we just start waving our middle fingers. This **** is as much of a farce as Triforce's career.
    Likes Marcade, datagod liked this post
  4. 11-16-2019, 01:09 PM
    I've made many videos that show you have to waste time or take an unoptimized route to get Rodrigo's spawns

Here is TSA's spliced speedrun:

Here is where it was determined TSA spliced his speedrun:
    https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/..._the_site.html

mikwuyma - "Zelda 1: This chart: http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3...emdropsnr2.png details what enemies can drop what items, depending on the kill order. Around 1:05ish in TSA's run A blue octorok (I think that's what it is) drops an item that shouldn't drop."

As you can see, TSA and Rodrigo have the same initial enemy spawn in Level 9, room 3. Note the hourglass shape of the pattern.Name:  image.png
Views: 128
Size:  649.0 KB

The path from Level 8 to Level 9 cannot create those spawns based on the videos I made.
    At 28:01, TSA starts going to Level 9 following the same path that every world record speedrun took.
    The blue steps at screen transition at 28:32 into TSA's video always sets the same pattern no matter what path you take. You would have to do any of the methods I show in the first four Youtube links to match TSA and Rodrigo's spawns, which results in a time loss that isn't worth any minor time save you'd probably get from manipulating the spawns.

Which means if Rodrigo did take about a minute to manipulate spawns, he must have been around 30:37 pace or similar, which maybe requires glitches to get.
    Definitely sub 30 would require glitches to get, which Rodrigo claims he could have gotten.
    https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/...da_speed_run20

"Legend of Zelda - 1st Quest - (0:31:37) - This is a excelent record, but my objective is improve under 30 minutes, my Level-8 and mainly Level-9 is worst, I can improve large seconds, but is very hard the enemies drop bombs in the right moments, bombs is the key in this Zelda game."
    Thanks ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  5. 11-16-2019, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post

Lips flapping means little and does not constitute objective and definitive evidence by any means.

More lips flapping, and there are other lips flapping that contradict the initial flapping lips. Just all around lips moving with vigor, providing nothing objectively provable or definitive.
    Lips flapping? That is how you describe people who are passionately taking part in this dispute process? I am disappointed.
    If expert opinions mean so little to this process why did you ask the speed running community for signed statements?

I'm done. Leave his score up. Too many lips flapping and people sticking their fingers in their ears.
    Help me beat Snowflake at the "Like Game"
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 11-16-2019, 01:42 PM

Also, regarding the historic "spliced run" - is there any documentation about how the splice was determined and definitively proven? Did the person admit to it being spliced? If it is being used as an absolute reference, I want to make sure that the determination on that run was in fact absolute as well.
    Your own website/scoreboard removed all of his records due to splicing during your era of ownership.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ore-02-46-32-0
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, datagod, EVN liked this post
  7. 11-16-2019, 01:52 PM
    Name:  Persian Cat Room Guardian 16112019155140.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  131.8 KB

My heart goes out to you Datagod.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod, Marcade, starcrytas, Snowflake liked this post
  8. 11-16-2019, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Lips flapping? That is how you describe people who are passionately taking part in this dispute process? I am disappointed.
    If expert opinions mean so little to this process why did you ask the speed running community for signed statements?

I'm done. Leave his score up. Too many lips flapping and people sticking their fingers in their ears.
    "Lips flapping" is a description of an action, not a description of a person or people. It is a colloquialism for the phrase "just talk." You may want to reevaluate your disappointment if you think I was describing anyone.

Expert opinions are just that, opinions. The request you reference was to invite further outside verification of the objective and definitive assertions that have been made in the dispute claim thread. This kind of outreach and invitation has been present in other disputes and has resulted in voluntary 3rd party technical testing of the dispute claim assertions. It is important within this specific dispute thread that Twin Galaxies expressly be able to demonstrate that it made the dispute claim itself available to outside associated communities and invited that conformational input from those communities to be part of the public record.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  9. 11-16-2019, 02:01 PM
    Name:  3139923327_dd0b5f94c4_z.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  37.6 KB
    Here I fixed that for you, sir.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  10. 11-16-2019, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Your own website/scoreboard removed all of his records due to splicing during your era of ownership.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...ore-02-46-32-0
    I don't understand.

This record is not related to the dispute. I don't see how its relevant?

Perhaps my question was not understood. I will try again.

An assertion is being made that Rodrigo's run must be spliced because that is the only way the enemy configuration seen could occur.
    A run performed by someone else of this same exact quest completion was reportedly found to be spliced. In that spliced run, the configuration seen in Rodrigo's video is also found there.

My question is in regard to that specific spliced run. How was that splice determined? Where is the information I can find regarding it. If the suggestion is that Rodrigo's run must be spliced because it has similarities to another run that was spliced, it is helpful to know how the other run was determined to be spliced.

I hope that clarifies.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Join us