Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-19-2019, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats View Post

. Doesn't matter that there's 8,000 of them. Doesn't matter if you've worked with TG for 20 years. Doesn't matter if you spent countless hours verifying scores. Doesn't matter how hard it used to be to submit scores. Doesn't matter if you have seniority over your accusers. Doesn't matter if your accusers don't submit scores themselves. Doesn't matter how high your ESI or TG credibility is. Doesn't matter that other disputes went nowhere. Doesn't matter if you didn't get the congratulations you were expecting. Doesn't matter what TG's priorities are. Doesn't matter which other players have or haven't left this website. Doesn't matter what Scott Stilphen says. Doesn't matter how many scores were before or after TGSAP
    Name:  image.png
Views: 223
Size:  259.7 KB
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, Tompa, Ninglendo, datagod, mrturk and 1 others liked this post
  2. 11-19-2019, 09:33 PM
    And another run that's "too fast" is, as mentioned, the Donkey Kong Country run by your team friend Carlos: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-Score-28-00-0
    That run is so good that not even a perfect Tool-Assisted Speedrun that follows the ruleset can match it, it even comes short by two minutes. According to you, Rodrigo, this is an "invalid dispute", as my only evidence is that "this player is too good". But for someone like myself who has been speedrunning DKC for 15 years and TASing it for 13, it's clear as clear can be that the time of that run is simply impossible.

So yes, runs being "too fast" can make for a very logical and valid dispute. In the case of this Zelda run, there has been actual evidence provided however.
    Thanks Ninglendo, datagod, GibGirl thanked this post
  3. 11-19-2019, 10:24 PM
    Rodrigo, (@Siliconian)

You are certainly entitled to your feelings and opinion on the matter. Your participation in the thread is appreciated, but unfortunately did not provide any definitive and objective facts that help to erode the primary dispute claim assertions to help TG support your record's validity.

One of the things that you pointed out was that you feel that this is unfair because you believe that there are "haters" doing everything they can to harm you, and they have nothing to lose by using the dispute system to attempt to do so. I personally disagree with that assertion.

However, I will provide them an opportunity now, if they so choose, to strongly stand behind their belief and commitment that this disputed record is invalid, and that you are absolutely unable to produce the performance video you claim to posses that can exonerate you.

For this one specific dispute case only, I will allow dispute claimants to voluntarily accept a personal lifetime TG ban and complete wipe of their scores, if you provide your speed run performance video for this disputed record and it clearly and definitively proves without question that your record is valid.

So they will definitely have something to "lose." That can be their voluntary penalty for "being wrong and falsely accusing you."

So if you provide the performance and it clears you, they get banned - BUT if you don't provide the performance, it is a tacit admission on your part that you have misrepresented your submission and you get banned. Fair is fair. Right?

Every dispute claim member who reads this and wants to agree to those voluntary terms, must click "Thanks or Like" on this post to be included.

No one is required to do so, of course.

What I will say is that if anyone clicks Thanks or Like on this post, it completely removes your claim and assertion that no one has anything to lose by making this dispute claim. It emphasizes that they are so committed to the truth of fact in this case that they are willing to "risk it all" to get to the truth, whatever it is. It will prove that they are not "haters" just trying to hurt you. It will show that they are focused on making TG a better place, even if it is to their own detriment. Even if it turns out they were wrong, you can never doubt their commitment and integrity to the process.

Message to Dispute claimants: you are under no obligation or requirement to agree to these terms, and it does not impact whether or not TG will remove this score. I just want to provide whomever wants it the option to definitively respond to the dismissive accusations that are being made toward those who have dedicated a lot of time and effort to present the extensive and objective evidence in this dispute claim thread. This option to "put it all on the line" is there if you want it.

In the meanwhile, TG has a formal request in to Rodrigo to provide the tape and is waiting for a response.
  4. 11-19-2019, 11:14 PM
    yeah sure thatd get some of his bs mame scores gone too lmao
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
    Likes Fly liked this post
  5. 11-20-2019, 01:08 AM
    This is test post 2 by admin
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  6. 11-20-2019, 01:24 AM
    Well, the time was beaten tonight by a real Zelda runner, so look for a submission soon. :)
    Likes Barra, datagod, ersatz_cats, Fly liked this post
  7. 11-20-2019, 01:53 AM
    I just submitted my time for this. 31:30 from Start screen timing as in per rules.
  8. 11-20-2019, 02:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cantaloupeme View Post
    I just submitted my time for this. 31:30 from Start screen timing as in per rules.
    Do you have a link? Can't seem to find it...
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks cantaloupeme thanked this post
  9. 11-20-2019, 02:05 AM
    i linked it in the submission, i'll link it here, sorry bout that
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/510842178
  10. 11-20-2019, 02:20 AM
    This is test_post by admin
    Likes datagod liked this post
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast