Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-19-2019, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconian View Post
    Good morning, I'll introduce myself for the newbies and everybody on that dispute!

Step 1) Introducing

My name is Rodrigo Lopes, I am Videogame Player, I live in Penha, state of Santa Catarina, Brazil

I am the Metroid Team founder and a former Twin Galaxies referee

I am Rodrigo Lopes, I will be banned for a suspicious Zelda cheat, I will lose 8,300 records....this is unfair!

If nothing changes this is my last post....

God bless all my real friends and thank you so much!!!
    Your welcome!!!
    Likes datagod, Snowflake liked this post
  2. 11-19-2019, 10:27 AM
    I believe that @Siliconian has me blocked, and thus likely won't read anything I post here, but I do want to specifically respond to where I was mentioned.

And now, the Zelda dispute, this is a INVALID DISPUTE started by Angela Stefanski without proofs and no fear of penaltys or ban.

The evidence is: "I'm opening a dispute for this time, not because I have specific evidence that it's not valid, but because of a number of factors listed below. I believe these give sufficient reason to consider this time questionable. I understand this may technically constitute a violation of the dispute rules, but I feel this is important enough to do so regardless, no matter the outcome"

No Matter the outcome? I will be banned and no matter the outcome?

A brutal task force has begin and the dispute is that!!!
    This is an unfair reading of my statement. My point in the initial comment was that I wanted to stop the recurring arguments in wall posts through the opening of a formal dispute. I was never invested in either proving the score valid, or proving the score invalid. "No matter the outcome" means my only interest was giving the community a means to come to a conclusion and putting the matter to rest. I was NOT in any point suggesting I wanted you banned and didn't care what it took. That's the exact opposite of my intention.

The dispute system states that a dispute should only be opened if a user has specific evidence a score is invalid. I did not have that evidence, which is why I knew opening one might technically constitute a violation of those rules, but I felt that as my intention was toward the integrity of the scoreboard, I didn't feel what I was doing was against the spirit of the system.

Now let's take a look on the involved that: Matthew Felix, Angela Stefanski, Glen Updike, Brandon Finton, Tompa, Datagod, Marc Cohen, Snowflake, The Evener, a Legion of newbies. The newbies have more influence than the Senior members, the credibility is a garbage here!
    In this case, I would hope the only influence I carry would be based on the validity of the information I provide. A good system would function on the facts, no matter who provides them.

I am Rodrigo Lopes, I will be banned for a suspicious Zelda cheat, I will lose 8,300 records....this is unfair!
    Rodrigo, as I've stated before - if your record is valid, please, just provide the video. If the video performance is valid, I will be glad to accept your score as legitimate, and will in fact push to have it recognized for it's importance in Zelda speedrunning history. I am not a "hater" - I have nothing personal against you. But I can only evaluate the information I have available to me.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  3. 11-19-2019, 10:27 AM

I was the most active referee, I created most of MAME variations that EVERBODY are playing today and ALL MASTER SYSTEM tracks, I fixed lot of bugs and incorrect track names. I verified many records of brazilian players! All this without receive $1 cent, all done with my free time and love to the games and TG! Thank you, thank you, stop the cheers and posts!!!

And here we have it. Team Metroid verifying their own records which is against the rules.

Thanks for providing us this confirmation.
    Help me beat Snowflake at the "Like Game"
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 11-19-2019, 10:31 AM
    too many words
    this has nothing to do with zelda stop stroking your ego my god.

i dont care if you're x years old this was not important.

remake the post actually explaining the run please lol
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, datagod, Snowflake, ersatz_cats liked this post
  5. 11-19-2019, 10:33 AM
    rodrigo much of your post is emtions based, emotions based on facts, but still facts that dont really have anything to do with your score, just facts about peope and yourself that you make emotional arguments out of. Even though this should have no bearing -- how greeat you are, how bad other people are, having nothing to do with if your record is real or not -- since you are focused on this, and some of your statmeents are not facts i feel the need to reply to these irrelevant but incorrect claims

Good morning, I'll introduce myself for the newbies and everybody on that dispute!

Not even the Twin Galaxies bosses cares, can you see here a single post from Twin Galaxies congratulating a awesome WR.
    although its rare, i specifically remember jace congratulating both wes copeland on his donkey kong, and gregdeg on his atari q*bert. It is rare yes, but to say not a single post is innacurate. But ok, congratulations on a new world record for angry birds level x-y fill in whatever number you want for x and y. also this doesnt mean they dont care, do you need a congratulation, isnt putting your name on the scoreboard and paying for the scoreboard congrats enough? if you think players should be congratulated more perhaps you should start doing the congratulations
    if you submit a incorrect digit in your submission you can be banned forever for cheating!
    not true under tgsap that happens all the time and just gets a reject, no cheating accusation, no ban. even pre-tgsap score it often just results in the specific score being removed, not banned, though if theres lots of such scores it does start to look suspicious for the player

Observation #1: Take a look in reply#6 of the thread, the Hater "Marc Cohen" and the "like" click of "snowflake" in the comment!
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-Score-111-390
    not true, but marc makes many funny posts and i like many of them. you probably are just referencing the wrong post. but the example you give here doesnt even have marc making the 6th post, nor does it have me liking it. maybe you rounded up the post number? what number did you mean?
    there's no penalty for Dick,
    giggles
    Now let's take a look on the involved that: Matthew Felix, Angela Stefanski, Glen Updike, Brandon Finton, Tompa, Datagod, Marc Cohen, Snowflake, The Evener, a Legion of newbies. The newbies have more influence than the Senior members, the credibility is a garbage here!
    lol garret is new (and respected so please dont misread my garett) meanwhile glen is ancient here. you are defining "newbie" and "old" based strictly on how much you like the person. you are fake news
    I am not Todd Rogers, Todd was banned and lose 100 records, maybe a little more?

I am not Billy Mitchell, Mitchell was banned and lose....7 records?

this comes after a long tirade on you how newbies shouldnt matter. for someone who claims to care about tg you sure seem to only care about about the age of the people here, not the scores, not the growth. evne this statement comparing yourself to billy and todd acting like you're less than them. Rodrigo, you arent more important than us newbies, and you arent less important than todd or billy. your idea that you being less important than todd or billy meaning you'll be banned is absurd. as for unfair? why? its unfair just because you've been here a long time? its only unfair if you didnt cheat. if you're innocent why are you so sure you'll be banned? You like police analogies? ok. can you imagine i go to brazil, i'm a newbie in your country. you comit a crime and get arrested. i commit no crime and dont get arrested. do you tell the police "thats not fair, he's new here and not arrested by i am old". try that, try that and see how much the cops and judges laugh at you.

I realize that non-players have MORE "credibility" than a player, if TG have to choose between Me and Datagod (Player vs. non-Player), the non player is most interesting, this is a fact...who don't play nothing will survive, who play videogame is just....a player! Here, talk is better than Play!

Jace, I sent to you 3 e-mails, right, talking about that dispute, my feelings about that dispute!!

Probably you don't agree about NOTHING I said to you and all my feelings descride above is just someone talking bullshit!
    but thats all you sent, feelings. no facts. no defense. just feelings and anger. your feelings matter since you are a human, but the decision on the score has to be about the score. you're feelings dont make facts disappear.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes Marcade, Desidious, datagod, ersatz_cats liked this post
  6. 11-19-2019, 10:33 AM
    @Siliconian

You forgot to address why your enemy spawns match the spawns in TSA's spliced speedrun.
    Thanks datagod, Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake, datagod, ersatz_cats liked this post
  7. 11-19-2019, 10:41 AM
    Very nice to see a reply from your here, thanks!

It doesn't really cover this dispute itself much, or why people think that you are run is not legit. Would love to hear more what you have to say about that.

And of course runs that are unrealistically faster than others will be looked into. The time of your Four Swords Adventures run is not realistic at the time when you compare to the available records and the huge time difference when comparing your category to the individual levels table, as well as having to play 3 hours non-stop instead of being able to restart shortly into each level. If the run is legit we would have loved to see it, as it woudl be a very impressive time for its era. Today, because of new discoveries and glitches that save a crazy amount, the run is an hour short from the World Record.

Your secrecy, making fun of other players and refusing to help out in any way, helps to make your record seem fuzzy and you make yourelf untrustworthy and unrespectful. I covered a lot of this in a post here already. You created this dilemma yourself and it's only you who can undo it by coming out clean with the runs.

You can brag all your want by having the best TG scores of Angry Birds (Go here for the World Records https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/leaderboard/ ) and it's great that you have helped out TG in the past/present, but it has nothing to do with this dispute.
    Likes Marcade, datagod, Snowflake, ersatz_cats liked this post
  8. 11-19-2019, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    I have stayed out of this one as I'm not expert at all on Zelda, let alone speedrunning it.

But as a observer watching/reading this play out. Is this a plea bargain above? That's what it feels like to me.
    If it is a plea bargain, then it should include a statement of responsibility/contrition and a full upload of the run (or whatever portion he actually created and recorded) so we can put a stop to the "haters" nonsense.
    Thanks datagod, ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, ersatz_cats, Snowflake liked this post
  9. 11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
    Rodrigo, I have to level with you man. I'm probably the only one trying to figure out how your score COULD be valid. I know most of the things I'm suggesting aren't even the best, or probably even possible. Im out of what ifs man! You can't argue data. You WILL lose all of your scores if you don't submit your tape. It's that simple. If this run is legit, you need to submit that tape.

You keeping 8300 scores in the database could all done by you submitting your Zelda tape. Unless it is fraudulent, then not submitting keeps your TGSAP scores at least. Which is what you are doing now. You not uploading that tape doesn't look good. My advice, to someone who is unbiased and has never had an issue with you ever, is to upload that tape or lose your scores. That's the facts man.
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake, lexmark, ersatz_cats liked this post
  10. 11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
    I will gladly accept my title of a hater. In Rodrigo's eyes, a hater is someone who holds the integrity of the scoreboard in high standards. I really appreciate that man!
    Thanks datagod, Marcade, starcrytas thanked this post
    Likes datagod, Marcade, starcrytas, ersatz_cats liked this post
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Join us