Arcade - Giga Wing Generations - Highest Score - Single Player - 11,428,519,449,718,962,750 - Eric O'Brien

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-09-2019, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    OH, yeah, That old chestnut. It just still keeps on giving after 10 years. The problem, Bill, is that NO ONE doesn't believe it's not true.

Let me know if you find someone that doesn't believe it!

john

eh, you werent a ref, and i highly doubt any ref liked you enough to cheat for you either, so i dont see cheating. then again, plenty of incompetant refs, so maybe you knew that and submitted a crap run to a lazy ref. who knows. without video i cant be sure.

anyway, congratulations on a score from back in the day where people could even make scores with impossible digits, back when tg records meant nothing.
    Lode Runner Champion
  2. 11-09-2019, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    eh,

anyway, congratulations on a score from back in the day where people could even make scores with impossible digits, back when tg records meant nothing.
    You're not talking about my ZK score now, are you?

I'll say again. NO ONE doesn't believe it's not true!

Just dispute it Bill if you think it's not true. :)

BTW, many records from those days do mean something. Not saying they are all legit But they aren't all fake either!

john

3. 11-09-2019, 10:49 PM
    You're not talking about my ZK score now, are you?

I'll say again. NO ONE doesn't believe it's not true!

Just dispute it Bill if you think it's not true. :)

BTW, many records from those days do mean something. Not saying they are all legit But they aren't all fake either!

john

ok boomer.
    Lode Runner Champion
  4. 11-09-2019, 10:53 PM

john

I might add, at least I have a recording of my game. Unlike the ref verified scores from funspot =no existing proof whatsoever.

john

5. 11-10-2019, 02:10 AM
    Holy crap guys... Can we stop this nonsense and let the man have his Giga Wing score now?

Likes Garrett Holland, lexmark, Marco1019, Derek liked this post
  6. 11-25-2019, 09:02 AM
    I am abstaining for now until things are straighten out on whether this a Arcade or PC. Another thing is you Eric never showed any hardware except keyboard.

Question
    1.Eric O'Brien please show the PCB /Taito Type x and your complete setup? It would take you less than 2 minutes or less to do it, really easy.

Other Twin Galaxy members have done it to, so they can see for themselves and confirm not go by word of mouth, like the saying goes, "Seeing is believing. I am sure your not hiding anything, no secrets. It be perfectly ok and Twin Galaxy members would have a better understanding of the setup of the Arcade or PC. TG members be more likely vote yes on your submission. trying to help you out

Happy Thanksgiving to all your family and friends Name:  image.png
Views: 65
Size:  654.3 KB

The only thing you showed was the game play and your fingers on a keyboard left,right, up ,down Name:  image.png
Views: 63
Size:  423.6 KB

Information on the game
    Arcade system Taito Type X
    GigaWing Generations, released in Japan as Yokushin: GigaWing Generations (翼神 GIGAWING GENERATIONS), is a 2004 vertically scrolling shooter arcade game developed by Takumi and published by Taito on their Taito Type X arcade system board. It was ported to the PlayStation 2 console in 2005.
    It is currently the last game in the Giga Wing series, and the last game developed by Takumi before they disappeared from the public.
    Developer(s) Takumi Corporation
    Publisher(s) Arcade version:
    Taito Corporation
    PS2 version:
    Taito Corporation
    505 Game Street
    Platform(s) Arcade
    PlayStation 2
    Release
    JP: October 2004 (arcade)
    JP: 24 March 2005 (PS2)
    JP: 23 February 2006 (PS2 rerelease)
    EU: 3 February 2006 (PS2)
    Genre(s) Vertical scrolling shooter,
    Manic shooter
    Mode(s) Single player, 2 player Co-op
    Cabinet Upright
    Arcade system Taito Type X
    Display Vertically oriented
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  7. 11-25-2019, 12:39 PM
    Hi, Juan! I know you are always trying to be helpful, and most of us appreciate that! However, when you say ...

Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    I am abstaining for now until things are straighten out on whether this a Arcade or PC. Another thing is you Eric never showed any hardware except keyboard.
    .... when *this* is indicated within the ruleset ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruleset
    ... You may play this on a cabinet or a PC with an input method of your choice ...
    ... and *this* has been indicated in prior comments within this submission's discussion thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl2hu View Post
    ... this is the Arcade version of the game ... The game ... doesn't have a real PCB as it's a Taito Type-X game, meaning it uses PC hardware similar to a Neo-Geo.
    ... as well as *this* ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl2hu View Post
    ... this is an Arcade game on PC hardware similar to a Neo-Geo. The original game was made for "Taito Type-X" hardware, which is a Windows XP based arcade PCB, these games can run on any modern PC.
    ... and Snowflake reminded that ...

A very simliar precedent was set here https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/po...ualifying-lap/ where mama/jrok/arcade are all allowed per track rules despite the platform being arcade.
    ... and that ...

... the track rules explicilty allow for it.
    This game (Giga Wing Generations) was apparently developed on an arcade game system (Taito X) that uses PC architecture, and therefore, no dip switches or PCBs with ROMs exist for anyone to see ... ever ... on any Giga Wing Generations game or any other Taito X game for that matter. The only difference between what Eric shows and what someone who played this game in an arcade on a cabinet would show is that there is a wooden box around the PC that's running the game. A wooden box as the only difference should not warrant a reject, no matter *which* classification this track falls under. As far as using a keyboard, the rules specifically allow "PC", so which kind of controls would one expect a gamer to use if not a PC keyboard?

If someone wants to petition TG to move this track to a different category other than "arcade", then that is fine, but that is a different situation and a submission thread is an inappropriate forum to be petitioning as much. This player followed all of the rules. If one doesn't like the rules, we have remedies for that, and I'm sure @SincerelyFranny would love to hear it. LOL!

Hope this helps clarify a few things, Juan ;)

Cheers!
    Thanks SincerelyFranny, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 11-26-2019, 06:20 AM
    Garrett correction I was abstaining not rejecting,

Taito Type X is a arcade system board
    Here is what I found on wiki and a capture picture to. Name:  image.png
Views: 55
Size:  316.7 KBName:  image.png
Views: 56
Size:  293.8 KB

Question to you Eric O'Brien.
    1. Do you mind showing your Taito Type X arcade system board setup?

That was never answered ,I hope it is not a problem, your choice Eric of course.

I am sure that a few Twin Galaxy members would like to see it to, this is completely new to me and some TG members
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  9. 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM
    Accepted!!
  10. 11-28-2019, 11:56 AM
    Eric O'Brien that never showed nothing except your fingers on a pad from a PC keyboard.
    Please show your setup of the Taito Type X arcade system board & explain it on a video I be glad to Vote Yes

You are the first Submitter of a Arcade game submission never showing either the Game cabinet , Hardware, Rom's, Dip switch settings, Game Setups Joystick,
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Join us