Arcade - Giga Wing Generations - Highest Score - Single Player - 11,428,519,449,718,962,750 - Eric O'Brien

Is this Performance Claim valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 01-05-2020, 09:55 PM
    I dont think you understand mine and prob the others logic on VOTING NO.

    This submission is EMULATION of an Arcade Game....Not REAL HARDWARE..It is not a PCB Arcade Board
    Now His score is LEGIT and with his Gameplay. But it needs to go Into the PC side of submission bc ARCADE is meant for REAL HARDWARE.

    Let me ask you this...Why cant I upload a MAME Rom Gameplay into Arcade??? BC its not REAL HARDWARE and Its not a CABINET! Thats what ARCADE is!

    Thats why I voted no! Im not trolling nor trying to be a Butthead. Its just what I believe in. The ARCADE Section should only be reserve for real hardware. Thats why there is a MAME section. It breaks the boundry of EMULATION and REAL HARDWARE...Now I wish they would make the same for all the retro consoles.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 01-06-2020, 12:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CreditCrusader View Post
    I dont think you understand mine and prob the others logic on VOTING NO.

    This submission is EMULATION of an Arcade Game....
    It's you who doesn't understand I'm afraid. What is a Taito Type X? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X

    Name:  image.png
Views: 37
Size:  98.6 KB

    The arcade board in this instance *is* a PC.
    Likes Desidious liked this post
  3. 01-06-2020, 12:56 AM
    this score is in limbo because people cant read
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
  4. 01-06-2020, 03:46 AM
    I guess we spell it out again for people who don't read.

    Name:  image.png
Views: 35
Size:  45.4 KB
    Likes 1CreditCrusader liked this post
  5. 01-06-2020, 03:50 AM
    Voting YES. This run has a handcam, thus the Gameplay is verifiable and the hardware used follows the rules of the track.
  6. 01-06-2020, 06:34 AM
    I can read the track rules! And thank you for posting the tech info on the game. Track Rules were created by someone that probably doesn't have the real board to this game. So they made that track rule in their favor.

    My biggest arguement here is that the "Arcade" submission section should only be capture from a real arcade board and not PC processed games. Then why don't we submit "MAME" runs in "Arcade"?
  7. 01-06-2020, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN View Post
    It's you who doesn't understand I'm afraid. What is a Taito Type X? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X

    Name:  image.png
Views: 37
Size:  98.6 KB

    The arcade board in this instance *is* a PC.
    I will reiterate that arcade machines don't always have "boards" but have pc components instead. They are a ***** to fix in comparison to boards but they are both considered arcades.
  8. 01-06-2020, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CreditCrusader
    I can read the track rules! And thank you for posting the tech info on the game. Track Rules were created by someone that probably doesn't have the real board to this game. So they made that track rule in their favor.
    My biggest arguement here is that the "Arcade" submission section should only be capture from a real arcade board and not PC processed games. Then why don't we submit "MAME" runs in "Arcade"?
    because mame is an emulator
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
    Likes 1CreditCrusader liked this post
  9. 01-06-2020, 10:25 AM
    Yes MAME is emulation which I get. Emuation of a Arcade ROM through Software on a PC.

    But are you using the TATITO's PC Board? or your own computer?

    I have i7 and 2070 Super with 64GB of RAM all on a GIGABYTE motherboard but its not the TAITO's MotherBoard/Arcade Board and thats my complaint with I belive this should be in the PC Genre thats all. In order to post in Arcade you would have to have the Taito Board with the Game on it.

    Your SCORE is LEGIT and I'm not arguing that at all!
  10. 01-06-2020, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CreditCrusader View Post
    I can read the track rules! And thank you for posting the tech info on the game. Track Rules were created by someone that probably doesn't have the real board to this game. So they made that track rule in their favor.
    Yes, that's how track creation works, welcome to TG! @Pearl2hu made a track with rules that he wrote and paid to fund it with his submission points to create it.

    What you are missing here is that track rules override global rules.

    If you want to make a track subject to the global rules where an original Taito Type X system and Arcade controls are required, you are free to do so!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 70 of 70
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Join us