Dispute: Matthew Felix - SNES / SFC - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past - NTSC - Fastest Completion - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 01:36:43.0

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Matthew Felix - SNES / SFC - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past - NTSC - Fastest Completion - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 01:36:43.0

07-26-2019, 12:32 PM
    SNES / SFC - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past - NTSC - Fastest Completion
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=10756
    Rules
    Must Start A New File, 1 Life Only! [No Glitches or Saves Allowed!]
    Special Rules: The Timer begins when you select the New File after naming it and ends when you deliver the final blow to Ganon. You do NOT need to get every heart piece or item. You MUST complete the game or your record/attempt WILL be disqualified!
    Player Name
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Video
    Verification Date
    2005-09-13
    Disputed Score
    01:36:43.0 (Rank 2)
    Disputed By
    starcrytas
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Here we have another one of Rodrigo Lopes's Zelda times that the speedrunning community has questioned.

My basis for this dispute is the date on which the run was done and an issue with the referee who verified Zelda speedruns in the past from someone else.

First of all, the date the speedrun was done. To quote Rodrigo, "I don't want to lose my time playing aLttP tends a lot of difficulties of doing a 1:50 and somebody comes with a 1:44 "strange" for that I am being devoted in AoL and when everything is resolved will play again."
    That post was made on 06-27-2003. Here we see Rodrigo not even thinking of going for a time of anything under 1:44:xx, let alone 1:36:xx being a possibility.
    Yet, we have a speedrun of 1:36:43 done on 6-5-2003.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/archive.../t-110119.html

There was an announcement a 1:52:35 by Michael Damiani 3 days after Rodrigo's 1:36:43 time was verified.
    *Please note that Damiani's times were removed from the TG leaderboards for splicing other Zelda speedruns.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/archive.../t-110112.html

We also have issues with timing speedruns. To quote the user, "robert said my time was 1:44 but i clocked it at 1:48 i dont know where this 4 minutes difference came from, so anyways im farther behind." Post was made on 06-12-2003.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/archive.../t-110119.html

What would cause a 4 minute difference? Sure, maybe different timing points between the user and TG ruling, but that in no way would add up to a 4 minute difference.
    Timing from gain control to losing control, as opposed to the file select to final hit on Ganon, isn't a 4 minute difference.

This adds more questions to Rodrigo's often disputed Zelda speedruns of the past. We have inconsistent dates and a referee who had issues with timing what would be a very easy to time speedrun.
    Thanks GibGirl, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 07-26-2019, 12:51 PM
    Dispute says the verification date is 2005-09-13.
    However, the scoreboard's date is 2003-06-05.

@adminstaff
    can we please fix this issue?
    Thanks GibGirl thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. 07-26-2019, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    @adminstaff
    can we please fix this issue?
    Trying to tag again: @admin staff

Also, it was @RTM who is the "robert" in the posts linked in the rationale.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  4. 07-31-2019, 07:40 AM
    We also have issues with timing speedruns. To quote the user, "robert said my time was 1:44 but i clocked it at 1:48

RTM REPLY - back in that period I was using two (2) forms of validation...manual stopwatch and the VCR clock in Play mode (not in rewind mode).

Without seeing the original tape or any notes, all I can state is that the two time sources had to be in synch for me to make such a statement.

I strongly suggest checking with Jace/Dave if the original TG cache of tapes has since been re-acquired so that the performances can be digitized and made available for the community to review.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, klassik thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Tompa, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 08-03-2019, 09:24 PM
    is there any chance this was a rounding error? for example, if there multiple attemps, and the actual attempt went from 00:24:57 to 2:04:00 maybe the 2:04 was rounded to just 2:00 and 2:00 - 24:57 =1:36.43? i'm not saying thats the case, i obviously never saw the tape, just wondering if rounding would account for the 4 minute difference
    signatures are for wusses
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 08-08-2019, 07:09 AM
    1. Has anybody ask Rodrigo Lopes just do another SNES / SFC - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past - NTSC - Fastest Completion Speed Run for TGSAP on video for Twin Galaxy members to see and adjudicate?

When he has time and whether he wants to do it or not. He still partakes in adjudicating and uploading video game submissions.

SNES / SFC - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past - NTSC - Fastest Completion
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  7. 08-08-2019, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    1. Has anybody ask Rodrigo Lopes just do another SNES / SFC - The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past - NTSC - Fastest Completion Speed Run for TGSAP on video for Twin Galaxy members to see and adjudicate?

When he has time and whether he wants to do it or not. He still partakes in adjudicating and uploading video game submissions.

Rodrigo is well aware of these disputes, but doesn't seem to want to defend his scores by posting his videos.
Join us