SNES / SFC - Super Mario Kart - NTSC - Donut Plains 2 [Fastest Race] - 01:37.97 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. SNES / SFC - Super Mario Kart - NTSC - Donut Plains 2 [Fastest Race] - 01:37.97 - Roger 111

08-01-2019, 08:10 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Donut Plains 2 [Fastest Race]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=519
    Rules
    1P Mode, Time Trial, May Freely Choose Any Available Character
    Special Rules: For this variation, you MUST Win the race for your time to count! You may use your race for Fastest Lap as well.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, race at 11:00.
    I'm sure if I stayed on this all day I could climb one more spot, but like I said in the lap submission, trying to get times on all the tracks for my own other reasons.
    :)
    Definitely the hardest track for me so far-there seems to be only one obvious line, but it's hard to hit.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Likes Pixe Sukola, Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 08-01-2019, 11:42 AM
    Excellent job Roger, accepted!

you just need to fix how you take the curves around the pond and you can easily cut up to 5 seconds of your time. Check out my submission or Scott's submission and you will be climbing more positions in no time.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 08-01-2019, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola View Post
    Excellent job Roger, accepted!

you just need to fix how you take the curves around the pond and you can easily cut up to 5 seconds of your time. Check out my submission or Scott's submission and you will be climbing more positions in no time.
    Thanks!!!
    You may have surmised, one thing driving the new little "push" of subs(rather than grinding one track)is to try to get "something" on everything, so I can join in on the MK Rankings-I contacted and heard back from Sami, yes, he is very pleasant!!!

Still, tho, possibly hours every day on MC1, I just can't let it go!!!

Truly, tho, this morning was the first attempts I made on this one playing "right", so I was surprised to even go this fast!

Hey-
    On MC2, do you have to jump on the ramp or the blocks to pull off the shortcut, or does it bounce naturally if you lock speed from the long corner?(Haha, technical Mario Kart term, I AM researching. A little.). Rod said it was pretty easy, you said it was fun and stuff on your sub, I just can't seem to get it...
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 08-01-2019, 12:17 PM
    Accepted!!!
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
  5. 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Thanks!!!
    You may have surmised, one thing driving the new little "push" of subs(rather than grinding one track)is to try to get "something" on everything, so I can join in on the MK Rankings-I contacted and heard back from Sami, yes, he is very pleasant!!!
    That is awesome Roger, really glad to hear that!

Still, tho, possibly hours every day on MC1, I just can't let it go!!!

Truly, tho, this morning was the first attempts I made on this one playing "right", so I was surprised to even go this fast!
    I completely understand you, when I started playing SMK seriously, I couldnt let that one go either, it is by far the one I've played the most. To me it is a perfect track.

Hey-
    On MC2, do you have to jump on the ramp or the blocks to pull off the shortcut, or does it bounce naturally if you lock speed from the long corner?(Haha, technical Mario Kart term, I AM researching. A little.). Rod said it was pretty easy, you said it was fun and stuff on your sub, I just can't seem to get it...
    You have to bounce on the yellow bar next to the blocks and press R again to make the big jump instead of just bouncing on it. I dont really know the right SMK terms so I just call those yellow bars, I think samy call them bumpers or something like that. :P
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  6. 08-03-2019, 11:16 AM
    Another great job, Roger. Accepted!
Join us