Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Jr. Pac-Man - NTSC - Toy Candy With 4 Ghosts (Points) - Player: Mark Feldt - Score: 902,660

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Jr. Pac-Man - NTSC - Toy Candy With 4 Ghosts (Points) - Player: Mark Feldt - Score: 902,660

08-04-2019, 12:14 PM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Jr. Pac-Man - NTSC - Toy Candy With 4 Ghosts (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3785
    Rules
    Use the Game Select switch to select the Toy Candy skill level. This is the hardest level, in which Junior tries to outrun four ghosts.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game.

Player Name
    Mark Feldt
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2001-05-11
    Disputed Score
    902,660 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Snowflake
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    I want to emphasize I'm not accusing anyone of cheating here, nor do I think my suspicions meet the threshhold for removal. but as others have also doubted this score, and for reasonable reasons, I think its worth starting a dispute and seeing if anyone else has useful info to add.

1. As much as I hate 'thats just too good to believe" this score is exceptionally high. 4x the place below him, and 20x any video recording. I'd never want a score removed for being too good, but that does raise eyebrows.
    2. similar to the above point, this would take about 7 hours. there are no older scores. its not impossible, but its hard to imagine someone putting in 7 hours even on an easy game when theres no need to go that far. its especially hard to believe when this game is so hard
    3. this game has an easy/teddy bear mode. we know at one point the tg atari 2600 rules were all mucked up, and tracks that used to be users choice (so easiest allowed) got changed to default or 1b. I would love the research team with their access to the hidden old ref forums to be able to see if they can find any evidence if the rules on this were always the current hardest rules, or if the rules use to allow easy settings.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
Join us