Atari 2600 / VCS - Death Trap - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 32,402 - Patrick Larocque

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Death Trap - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 32,402 - Patrick Larocque

08-05-2019, 10:54 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5100
    Rank
    Rules
    Default Settings

Submission Message
    Run starts at 00:50.
    Slight improvement on my EMU score. Thanks for watching!

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 08-05-2019, 02:25 PM
    VOTING YES. Great job! Accepted.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
  3. 08-06-2019, 06:33 AM
    Fantastic score!!!

Hindsight 20/20 and all that, I mentioned playing this for several days-this game is actually the game that caused me to seriously fall for the 2600, I think.
    I got one, started playing around with it a little with no serious ambitions, got a Harmony "just because", and this game really made me sit up and pay attention/respect!

If you don't "know", I'm sure you can surmise-the top scores on this are pretty close to "all" the points you can get. When I mentioned playing it so long, it was basically trying to get hit one less time every run for a few more points.

Something I can't tell if you are thinking about in the strategy, I could only sorta do it, it's pretty hard, but you can time out your offense where you are building one smaller defensive line, instead of having it so scattered, I think it's easier to do on the left than on the right. I want to say fire as the line first appears from the left, and "guide" the shot to hit right before the line covers your target(I know that's confusing, sorry...).

Doing Great, Man!

Accepted!!!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  4. 08-06-2019, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Fantastic score!!!

Hindsight 20/20 and all that, I mentioned playing this for several days-this game is actually the game that caused me to seriously fall for the 2600, I think.
    I got one, started playing around with it a little with no serious ambitions, got a Harmony "just because", and this game really made me sit up and pay attention/respect!

If you don't "know", I'm sure you can surmise-the top scores on this are pretty close to "all" the points you can get. When I mentioned playing it so long, it was basically trying to get hit one less time every run for a few more points.

Something I can't tell if you are thinking about in the strategy, I could only sorta do it, it's pretty hard, but you can time out your offense where you are building one smaller defensive line, instead of having it so scattered, I think it's easier to do on the left than on the right. I want to say fire as the line first appears from the left, and "guide" the shot to hit right before the line covers your target(I know that's confusing, sorry...).

Doing Great, Man!

Accepted!!!
    Thanks Roger! Still trying to clean the run up a little, every time I try to tighten that first line up it seems to throw my timing off on the second line. For some reason I seem to do better with the old 'kamikaze' approach it seems lol. Still won't give up on this title and hoping to improve a little with time!!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 08-06-2019, 07:49 AM
    Don't know the game, but looks legit. grats on your score Voted UP
  6. 08-08-2019, 09:12 PM
    Voting yes accepted
    Game starts at 8:14 left on the video
    Game settings begin at 8:55 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 51
Size:  516.6 KB
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Death Trap - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 32,402 Final score is at :11 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 51
Size:  493.5 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  7. 08-08-2019, 09:14 PM
    NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    FOUNDED BY: TWIN GALAXIES ;
    View Rules
    Rank 1 John P McAllister Date Submitted: 2017-03-15
    Percent: 100.00% Verification Method: TGSAP Status: Undisputed
    Points 35,218
    Rank
    2 Scott Stilphen Date Submitted: 2006-07-01
    Percent: 99.57% Verification Method: Video Status: Undisputed
    Points 35,065
    Rank 3 Roger Edwin Blair 111 Date Submitted: 2017-07-11
    Percent: 99.33% Verification Method: TGSAP Status: Undisputed
    Points 34,983
    Rank 4 Patrick Larocque Date Submitted: 2019-08-05
    Percent: 92.00% Verification Method: IN PROCESS Status: Vote
    Points 32,402
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us