Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Virtua Racing - NTSC - Expert Course (Acropolis) - Fastest Race - 04:24.33 - Daniel Lamboley

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Virtua Racing - NTSC - Expert Course (Acropolis) - Fastest Race - 04:24.33 - Daniel Lamboley

08-17-2019, 05:19 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Expert Course (Acropolis) - Fastest Race
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=204008
    Rules

Level: Normal. Automatic or Manual transmission. Any controller configuration. The race must be completed for your Fastest Race time to count.

Submission Message
    Using the setup shown, and recording from my TV.

2. 08-17-2019, 06:50 PM
    I'm sorry, but you didn't show the system booting up. So I must abstain for now.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  3. 08-18-2019, 06:20 AM
    Yeah, I agree, you have to show a little more evidence in the video.

It happens to everyone, if not that mistake it's another one, I've made almost every possible mistake here.

Do it again, catch the boot up on video, and I'm sure it will be fine!

Is that Hyperkin Genesis controller any good? I have one for PS2, it seems very good, and am thinking about getting an SNES one soon, just curious what you thought of the Genesis one.

I absolutely believe you achieved this time, just has to have a little more evidence, sorry!
    Wubalubadubdub!
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 08-19-2019, 07:20 AM
    That's completely fine! This was my first time doing a "speedun" so I'll show more evidence next time. It wasn't a good run anyways :P Also, the Hyperkin controller is fantastic!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 08-19-2019, 07:35 AM
    I actually have a PAL copy of this game(and a Megadrive), had intentions of trying to compete with my pals Rage and Blair Weston-I'm kinda a good racer, lol, but I couldn't crack this one, it's really tough!

Well, OK, that's two for two then-if the PS2 pad is good, and the Genesis one is good, I'll probably try the SNES Hyperkin soon, seems like they make quality stuff, Thanks!
    Wubalubadubdub!
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  6. 08-19-2019, 09:10 AM
    NO CONSOLE OR BOOTUP

Welcome to TG! We are always glad to see new players arrive and submit scores! Unfortunately, many new arrivals submit their first score (like I did a few months ago when I got here) without including the elements necessary within the footage to receive the votes of most (all?) adjudicators, which include capturing the console, boot-up sequence, the entire gameplay, and the final score. I would recommend reading TG's "Guidelines for Recording a Video Game Score Performance" in the help section found HERE. It will give you a clear idea of what is looked for in a submission, or, simply review any one of the tens of thousands of accepted submissions to observe what's expected. Including a still photo of the console is great, however, still photos are generally considered insufficient by many to grant a YES vote.

It appears as though you are using direct capture. What I typically recommend to direct capture-using submitters is to simply use a mobile device (phone) and take the 15 to 30 seconds in the beginning to record your hardware setup including power-on and the first few seconds of your display and just add that footage as "additional evidence", this way, adjudicators can sync your first video up with the second proving continuity.

I have to vote no on this, but don't be discouraged. I would highly recommend just performing another run and submitting a video that contains some footage of the console, boot-up sequence, the *entire* run, and the final score, and your submission should fly through and be accepted.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/help
  7. 08-19-2019, 10:10 AM
    No boot up shown. Voting no.
Join us