Dispute: John McAllister - Xbox 360 Live Arcade - Contra - Points - Player: Jacob Spring - Score: 10,141,300

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: John McAllister - Xbox 360 Live Arcade - Contra - Points - Player: Jacob Spring - Score: 10,141,300

09-07-2019, 11:59 AM
    Xbox 360 Live Arcade - Contra - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=127543
    Rules
    • Must show options before submission attempt(s)
    • Lives to Start : 3
    • Difficulty: 1
    • Graphics, sound, and volume are the player's choice.
    • No continues allowed.

Player Name
    Jacob Spring
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=154428
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2016-05-06
    Disputed Score
    10,141,300 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    redelf
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    leeching
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 09-08-2019, 06:59 AM
    There was a bit of debating over the issue of leeching in the original post, but given that it did get enough votes to pass, I'm guessing the majority believed it was acceptable. For now I'm voting no.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  3. 09-08-2019, 09:12 AM
    That's strange, they thought it was leeching in another submission that was exactly like this one, I'm wondering if it was just that time of month or something like that.
  4. 09-08-2019, 10:36 AM
    In that case, I'm abstaining until I hear more discussion.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  5. 09-10-2019, 02:15 PM
    This is clear leeching - enough points can be gained (with little/no risk) to earn multiple extra lives before the timer runs out, and the tactic can be repeated indefinitely.

The score should be removed - voting yes.
    Thanks redelf, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 09-19-2019, 07:29 PM
    seems to be leeching, we've seem to all since agreed if you gain lives quicker than you lose them, then timer or not its leeching.

the only counterpoint i see is, people were aware of that at the time and consciously accepted. Also their accept had some logic. as the leeching rules are worded this is currently allowed. I tend to allow alot of point pressing the leeching rules technically allow despite being a "snooze fest" but even I accept this is the sort of thing the rules meant to cover and just didnt consider. even still, i cant fault earlier adjudicators for going by the letter of the law.
    Roy was Right
Join us