M.A.M.E. - Contra [US] - 1 Player Only [Points] - - 11,115,200 - John McAllister

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. M.A.M.E. - Contra [US] - 1 Player Only [Points] - - 11,115,200 - John McAllister

09-08-2019, 10:06 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

1 Player Only [Points] -
    WolfMame version
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=15634
    Rules
    ROM Set = 0.106-0.123: contra - "Contra (US)"
    0.123u1-0.161: contra1 - "Contra (US, set 2)"
    0.162- : contra1 - "Contra (US / Asia, set 2)"
    Difficulty = "NORMAL"
    Starting Lives = 3
    Bonus Lives = 30,000 then 70,000
    Flip Screen = "ON"
    NOTE - Continues are NOT allowed
    Submission Message
    Different season, different month, different week, lets see how people vote this time.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 09-08-2019, 10:19 AM
    This is the same INP that was rejected very recently in this thread...
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/209077

Still NO.
    Thanks ivanstorm1973 thanked this post
  3. 09-08-2019, 10:29 AM
    Like I said in the submission, its a different day, time of day, even month so who knows what the community will decide this time.
  4. 09-08-2019, 10:31 AM
    If this gets accepted, can we then expect that you will dispute your own submission on the same grounds as you are pursuing other Contra scores at the moment?
  5. 09-08-2019, 10:50 AM
    Probably, since I have doubts as to any challenged score to be acted on.
  6. 09-09-2019, 10:18 AM
    So how are people feeling this time around
  7. 09-09-2019, 07:36 PM
    One of us is hoping you don't set the precedent that encourages everyone with a rejected score to just keep resubmitting until it is accepted.

You know TGSAP is made of humans, and humans are fallible... and I know you're doing this because you have an agenda.

Getting this accepted may prove that people are inconsistent with their definition of leeching.
    It may prove that people are naive with their distinction between point pressing & leeching.
    It may prove that people are inconsistent with vigilance.

It may prove nothing.

So once again...
    You can do this forever without moving forwards.
    You effectively bypass the time limit for this section by accumulating more lives than you expend.
    Blatant leeching.

To me, point pressing is like calculating the most miles you can get from one tank of fuel - it doesn't count if you keep filling up along the way.

A strategy CANNOT BE BOTH point pressing & leeching.

It's fine to be working against a timer, but rather than narrowing our focus to the 1'50 on the timer, how about considering the total time accumulated by this strategy? Because if a player can collect more lives than they use by not moving forwards, then they have wilfully obviated the time limit.

And to say that it is point-pressing because we're only looking at the to right corner is being short-sighted, because the crime is being committed in the top left corner - watch the "Remain P #" value climb, and that should be the end of this argument.

Please remember everyone that the function of the time limit is to make sure the player keeps moving along - if a strategy finds a way to side-step this constraint, it is not helpful to just say "oh well, there's a time limit, good enough for me... I'll stop thinking".

Let's consider this... what if instead of collecting extra lives and running the timer down ad infinitum (as was done here), someone finds a way to stop the timer, get no extra lives, but still scores in the same way as displayed here.
    I'm almost certain the community would lose their minds and cry foul - stopping the timer would be cheating the game.

This Contra strategy is worse than stopping the timer because it's effectively winding the timer backwards with all the extra lives you gain.

Finally, I believe the wording of point 2.0.c of TG's Leeching Policy has application here, but probably needs to be tightened up for people who like to play spin/semantics games...

2.0.c - Twin Galaxies recognizes that game titles which have a count-down time limit, hidden or otherwise, should allow a player the opportunity to maximize their score productivity within the limited time limit available, providing the tactic(s) employed by the player are not deemed banned by the track variation rules. Therefore, tactics that are not deemed banned by the specific track variation rules are allowable within the time limit constraints of normal gameplay for such titles.

Note the phrase "limited time limit". The accumulation of extra lives which is being exchanged for extra time using this strategy is NOT limited.

Copy & paste that into any of your disputes if you like, but I can only deal with one thing at a time.
    In this case, NO vote from me.
    Thanks redelf, JJT_Defender, ivanstorm1973 thanked this post
    Likes redelf, JJT_Defender, ivanstorm1973 liked this post
  8. 09-09-2019, 09:34 PM
    I'm sorry, John. Voting No.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  9. 09-10-2019, 05:36 AM
    You can copy/paste my response from the first submission here...voting no.
  10. 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM
    So submitting the same exact method as the other 3 submissions that I challenged now gets a no vote and strong reaction of leeching, yet the other submissions got a little reaction of leeching but those active at that time pushed those submissions through. Now that the remaining active members are strong enough to reject this submission, where is the support for the removal of those challenged scores.

I'm all for a group of players that will reject and challenge a leeched score, glad to see a stronger and more educated group of remaining members.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us