Arcade - Pole Position - Fuji Speedway [Points] - 66,960 - Daniel Yamnitz

Is this a valid score?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Arcade - Pole Position - Fuji Speedway [Points] - 66,960 - Daniel Yamnitz

09-13-2019, 05:57 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Fuji Speedway [Points]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3373
    Rules
    Settings of 8-Toggle Switch on Pole Position CPU PCB (at 9JA) for Atari Boards
    1-5 = OFF
    6-8 = ON
    Settings of 8-Toggle Switch on Pole Position CPU PCB (at 9L for Atari Boards or 7E for Namco Boards)
    1 = OFF
    2 = ON
    3-4 = OFF
    5-8 = ON
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Game Time: 120 Seconds
    Laps: 4
    Practice Difficulty: "C" Rank
    Extended Lap Difficulty: "G" Rank [75 - 51 - 57 - 61]
    Submission Message
    Ran 66,960 on my Pole Position cockpit tonight. A bittersweet personal best. Really pushing for 67k right now. Missed it by one car. Just like the Masters did back in the day... Climbing the ladder one rung at a time. More Practice Needed!

2. 09-13-2019, 08:21 PM
    GG.
    _________
    A top level game of Pole Position is one of the greatest video game spectacles, ever. So, thanks for another blistering round of entertainment.

Since it looks like you're playing the game as well as it can be played, I'm starting to seriously doubt the legitimacy of this scoreboard's two highest entries.
    Thanks Nondrowsy thanked this post
    Likes EVN, Nondrowsy liked this post
  3. 09-14-2019, 12:59 AM
    Nice score, Daniel! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Likes Nondrowsy liked this post
  4. 09-14-2019, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Since it looks like you're playing the game as well as it can be played, I'm starting to seriously doubt the legitimacy of this scoreboard's two highest entries.
    Appreciate the kind words!, but I'm not near playing the game as well as it can be played. There are so many chances to go inside cars esp. on the backstretch long curve, shaving tenths of seconds off per lap.. (I practice that when I have already made a mistake that will cost me a good score, and I avoid doing it when I'm close to 67k, at least until I get better)

I've run the individual laps required to get a time of 213.xx hundreds of times, but putting them all together is extremely difficult, but not impossible. Then it comes to passing enough cars... I'm working on figuring out how to get beneficial set ups during the race by doing certain things in the qualifying lap. It is paying off as I just figured out how to get the pattern to pass the 139th car a few days ago. (and possibly car 140 and 141 if I go fast enough)

I've seen TG documentation from June of 1983 that shows the scores of Mike and Les are 66,7xx and 66,5xx. It basically took them a whole year (to summer of '84) to get the extra 500-600 points. As probably the best Pole Position player currently playing to get the record, I have no doubt at all that the top 2 scores are one hundred percent real. I'm sure having another world class player to literally watch play all the time in between your turns at the game helped them each immensely. But I believe their scores are absolutely real.. and hope to be up there with them someday soon. Now back to practicing!
  5. 09-14-2019, 11:42 AM
    Wow you are getting so much better than when you first started. The first two laps were amazingly clean and fast with one light bump of the rail. The 3rd lap as you know was horrible but only just over a 1/2 second bad. Your passing on the inside has improved and your 1st turn is one of the most consistent and best I've ever seen.

So looking forward to when you tie or beat the record.
    Likes Nondrowsy liked this post
Join us