Atari 2600 / VCS - Kool-Aid Man - NTSC - Difficulty B (Points) - 61,400 - Steve Germershausen

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Kool-Aid Man - NTSC - Difficulty B (Points) - 61,400 - Steve Germershausen

09-15-2019, 08:28 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Difficulty B (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3792
    Rules
    The RIGHT difficulty switch must be set to the B position. In this position, the enemy Thirsties move at a normal speed.
    The left difficulty switch is used to freeze the action in this title.

Submission Message
    The top 5 in this game made it look easy - truth be told, it's pretty tough. Recorded on September 12, 2019. The shadowing makes the viewer extra thirsty.
    Final score: 61,400
    Set up: :34
    Run begins: 5:06

2. 09-16-2019, 06:00 AM
    Whoa-no fair!

You turned into Super Kool Aid Man at the exact moment you "died", seems like that tie should have went to the runner, that was unfair.

Already mentioned this when the SiotS Guys were talking about it a couple years ago-
    I moved about three years ago, had lived in the previous house 10 years, my kids grew up there.
    When we moved, I threw away a cabinet drawer full of the most goshawful Kool Aid packet variations you can think of, stuff no one would ever drink...
    Yup. People collect them now. I can only go from memory, and refuse to look closely, but I really trashed a lot of stuff someone would have enjoyed.

I think on the right day, holding your tongue just so, you could do a little better than this, you do a GREAT job staying off the sides of the screen-that hurts me more than the enemies, tbh.

Accepted!!!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Likes nads liked this post
  3. 09-16-2019, 08:27 AM
    Voting yes accepted
    Game starts at 7:33 left on the video
    Game settings begin at 11:51 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 11
Size:  577.5 KB
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Kool-Aid Man - NTSC - Difficulty B (Points) - 61,400 Final score is at :03 eft on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 11
Size:  403.4 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  4. 09-16-2019, 08:49 AM
    Durp…
    So, I was just trying this on EMU(which I have decided to give up on, BTW), and noticed...

OOOH!
    The thirsties are drinking your water, and when the water is gone, the game is over...

I feel kinda dumb now, I guess my score is actually ok considering I...didn't have a clue what was happening...
    :)
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Likes stygian liked this post
  5. 09-16-2019, 06:23 PM
    Great score on a tough cart!! Accepted!
Join us