NES / FAMICOM / DISK - 10-Yard Fight - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 42 - Josh Donow

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - 10-Yard Fight - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 42 - Josh Donow

09-18-2019, 09:23 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Biggest Blowout
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11240
    Rules
    1 Player Only, Super Bowl Team
    Special Rules: You MUST play both halves. This game will use The Special Blowout Rules for final score, where it is tabulated by how many points you have won the game by. [Ex. If you beat the computer 21-3, your final score will then be 18, which is how many points you've won by.]
    Submission Message
    Clip taken from my live stream on Twitch.tv

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 09-19-2019, 11:36 AM
    Great game Josh Donow and welcome to Twin Galaxy
    speaking for myself & few others would like to see the console game system it is not required but helps on getting more votes of yes

Game starts at 21:45 left on the video Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	583.3 KB 
ID:	97290
    Game settings begin at 21:54 left on the video Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	544.5 KB 
ID:	97288
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - 10-Yard Fight - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 42 Final score is at :06 left on the video Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	531.4 KB 
ID:	97289
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  3. 09-20-2019, 06:42 AM
    Do you have any photos or footage of your console setup? The video quality of the game is great - but that level of great that makes me question if you were playing on an actual NES, or an emulator or modded NES mini or the like. Being able to see your setup would help a lot.
  4. 09-20-2019, 06:50 AM
    OK, I took a peek at your Twitch stream, and as a result, I'll have to vote NO on this submission.

Here's the the full video from the streaming session: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483373077

As we can see, you were using a modded NES Classic Edition. While this would be acceptable for a submission under the NES Classic Edition platform - once the game has been added - this track requires play on an original NES console.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from further submissions here to Twin Galaxies - we'd love to have you here, and I'm sure people would be glad to help get the games and tracks added for the NES Classic for you to submit this and others on.
    Thanks ACCardShark thanked this post
    Likes ACCardShark liked this post
  5. 09-20-2019, 07:03 AM
    voting no for the same reason that Angela calls out
  6. 09-20-2019, 10:13 AM
    Feeling it might be a good time to encourage @Jace Hall and @SincerelyFranny to maybe increase the number of "free" submissions new users get, given how common it is for new users to have their first submission or two rejected.

I'd say five sounds like a much better number - enough to make a couple mistakes and still get a couple accepted.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 09-20-2019, 02:09 PM
    I concur with the other adjudicators so far. The score is good, and legitimate, however, it was submitted to the wrong track. I have to vote no as well. It should be relatively easy enough for this "new" (kinda not new, he's been a member for over 5 years, just never submitted) member to adjudicate some really easy Angry Birds or some of @Siliconian 's 458 billion Final Fantasy submissions XD (Keep doing that Rodrigo ... I'm diggin' the constant cred boosts LOL!) to get additional sub points to resubmit to the appropriate track.
    Thanks Siliconian thanked this post
    Likes Siliconian liked this post
  8. 09-20-2019, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    Feeling it might be a good time to encourage @Jace Hall and @SincerelyFranny to maybe increase the number of "free" submissions new users get, given how common it is for new users to have their first submission or two rejected.

I'd say five sounds like a much better number - enough to make a couple mistakes and still get a couple accepted.
    ... I like this idea.
  9. 09-20-2019, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post

We've talked about this in the past.
    I agree that it is a good idea. I think what we had in mind was giving the users the one free one upon verification and award other as their fill out their profile.

For example:

Upload a Profile picture - X Submission Points
    Fill Out Gaming Profile - X Submission Points
    etc.

Hopefully these are updates that we can bring to TG in the future.
    I know I am personally for the more accommodating new users experience. @Jace Hall

Maybe something we can talk about on the next SOTG. :)
    Thanks Garrett Holland, GibGirl thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, GibGirl liked this post
  10. 09-20-2019, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    We've talked about this in the past.
    I agree that it is a good idea. I think what we had in mind was giving the users the one free one upon verification and award other as their fill out their profile.
    I definitely love all of that, and hope we see it.

HOWEVER, that will take dev work to implement. How easy would it be, in comparison, to add a few more freebies for new users for the time being?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us