Arcade - D-Day - points - 20,450 - Svatopluk Halada

Is this a valid score?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 10-25-2019, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    How unfortunate! I will have to switch my votes on these D Day submissions to no. After scrutinizing the DIPs, and reading the attached manual, it appears as though DIPs 1 and 2 on Bank 3 are both set to OFF, which means the players start with 5 lives instead of three. I will reconsider if I'm misidentifying the switch banks. Regarding the score display in real time, it is not very clear, however, it is not obstructed so that in itself isn't too much of an issue. Regarding the starting with 20K setting, I can see no evidence indicating either player started with 20K, and can see no DIP option in the manual that allows for it to even happen. It would also necessarily mean this player only scored 450 points on his own during his run. The gameplay footage clearly reveals that such is not the case.

Regardless, I have to vote no. Perhaps these two players can create (or ask someone else to) create a 5 lives track, and Ill donate to make it happen. That way, they could submit these performances to the correct track, provided the rest of the DIPs conform to the rest of the ruleset.
    You are looking at the wrong ones - the two 4-switch DIPs are for the coins/credits. It's the 8-switch for the settings. And that's got the correct lives and extra lives settings.

There's also no "start with 20k" setting listed in the manual? So I don't know why that's in the rules.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 10-25-2019, 10:01 AM
    ..... aaaaaaaand this is why I should never be allowed out of the house. Careless oversight on my part. Why I didnt consider bank 3 being the only bank shown in the manual with descriptions for 8 switches is beyond me. LoL! Switching vote back to yes. Good Lord. :-/
  3. 10-25-2019, 10:15 AM
    Here I go again (sigh). AlmightyDreadlock raises valid issues, and I am removing my vote and abstaining.
  4. 10-25-2019, 02:46 PM
    I am abstaining, if would be a NO for the following reason below.

I recommend that you Svatopluk Halada Replay the D-Day game but showing on the video a clearer recording of your game play, like when you started at ) ZERO,showing the scoring, showing the Extended Play at 10,000 points as stated in the TG rules, Plus showing the Dip Switch game settings from Dip Switch 3 at the end of the game.

It is your choice Svatopluk whether you want to or not.

This is what the D Day game footage should look when Twin Galaxy members are adjudicating the arcade D Day game submission.

Rules
    D-Day
    Lives: 3
    Extended Play at: 10000
    Unknown: Off
    [All] Start with 20000 pts: No

Were you can clearly see the scoring,getting extra man and game play throughout the video. as well as showing correct Dip Switch game settings from Dip Switch 3.
    \
    The game video from the 2 players, never showed the a clear game play or scoring or getting extended play at 10,000.
    I recommend that the 2 players resubmit & play another arcade D Day game video that can see the starting game at 0 Zero to begin the game,to show there game play, there scoring, and getting a extended play at 10,000
    I recommend that
    @ Admin Staff
    @Sincerelyfranny @TWIN GALAXIES put in the correct DIP SWITCH with Dip Switch 3 being the Game settings, Extra Lives bonus into the rules for the Arcade D - Day game
    As Almightdreadlock indicated a Twin Galaxy member cannot determine if the player actually started at zero, as well as seeing clearly the scoring and game play.
    Here below is what the game play of D - Day when adjudicating should look like:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    Luckily owner of this cabinet got original manual for this game with all Dip Switch settings. He will take a picture soon. Thank you
  5. 10-25-2019, 10:00 PM
    Voting YES for Hal1973's submission. My rationale can be read on Almighty Dreadlock's wall post:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/almight...7/d-day/page/1
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, Hal1973 thanked this post
  6. 10-29-2019, 09:51 AM
    My dear Garrett, thank you very much for the time you've spent with my record.

Unfortunately rules for this game arent very good, just copied from some M.A.M.E. version, but you see this is nothing real. For instance you cannot start with 20k points etc., this is nonsens.

Dip switch 3 is the one you have on the top of your picture, I read values:

1 OFF
    2 ON
    3 OFF
    4 OFF
    5 OFF
    6 ON
    7 ON
    8 OFF

So the game is set correctly - we played game with for 3 guns.

May you please reconsider your voting and vote YES? I believe everything is set well.

Thank you
  7. 10-29-2019, 10:08 AM
    My dear Garrett, thank you very much for the time you've spent with my record.

Unfortunately rules for this game arent very good, just copied from some M.A.M.E. version, but you see this is nothing real. For instance you cannot start with 20k points etc., this is nonsens.

Dip switch 3 is the one you have on the top of your picture, I read values:

1 OFF
    2 ON
    3 OFF
    4 OFF
    5 OFF
    6 ON
    7 ON
    8 OFF

So the game is set correctly - we played game with for 3 guns.

May you please reconsider your voting and vote YES? I believe everything is set well.

Thank you
  8. 10-29-2019, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal1973 View Post
    I can't say for the arcade machine itself, but the MAME version DOES award an additional 20k upon the first target hit when the stated dip is set as such.

Regardless, I completely agree that the rules for this track are bad as they do not match what the arcade manual says.
  9. 10-30-2019, 02:01 PM
    Guys, I'm deeply sorry for these problems you got with accepting my record in D-Day. We tried to do everything correctly as we did on our records on Satan of Saturn. I hope you understand me that I'm no cheater. The gameplay have been caught by camera, you should see a score and pcb with dip switches, later we added a manual for this rare game. If you will take your time and watch all the video, I believe you have to vote yes. The only problem is that rules for this game are just coppied from M.A.M.E. - it was a mistake of my friend Petr who added this game entry. Maybe you can just delete this stupid sentence about "starting with 20k" what is nonsens and its also not available option on a arcade pcb as you can see on dip switch settings in manual. Hope that you will vote yes for my record in this game. THANK YOU
  10. 10-30-2019, 04:18 PM
    I voted yes and I explained my reasons above on Almighty Dreadlock's wall post, where he invited reviewers to share their thoughts and to discuss submission requirements. I would invite anyone who previously was unsure to re-read the exchange there to see if there's sufficient information or perspective to permit a vote on the submission.

I agree Hal1973, the rules for this track will need to be changed but in my view these adjustments shouldn't interfere with voting. Normally, arcade tracks and MAME tracks mirror the same settings on the same titles so it makes sense that would be your approach when founding the track. However, there's no harm in asking Franny to make some rule adjustments to reflect the actual settings found on the PCB you are competing on.

According to this site, Olympia was an Italian-based arcade company. D-Day was one of their arcade titles, and it was licensed by Centuri for distribution in the USA.

http://www.tilt.it/deb/olympia-en.html#dday

Although game play is the same, there are slight differences with DIP settings between the Olympia-produced PCB and the Centuri-produced PCB.

For example, the current rules for this track indicate a bonus life is awarded at 10,000 points, which is based on the Centuri settings. However, when I watched your game, I noticed that you weren't awarded an extra life at 10,000 points. When I reproduced your DIP settings with Olympia D-Day in MAME, I noticed that an extra life is awarded at 25,000 points.

Also, unlike the Centuri PCB, the Olympia PCB includes an option to start the game with 20,000 points with DIP switch #8. However, it's clear from your video of the DIP settings as well as from the video game play that DIP #8 was turned off (no 20,000 point start) - so there is no concern about the point accumulation.

My personal view is that you have submitted sufficient video evidence documenting your personal game play and PCB settings to permit adjudication. However, the Player 1 score is not clearly visible at all times during your game play. It's generally considered a good idea to ensure that the score is visible since that's one way an adjudicator can ensure that the game is behaving normally in terms of point accumulation. For future submissions, I would recommend ensuring that the score is visible on the video camera when setting up the equipment to ensure to avoid any issues with the adjudication.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us