Off Topic in dispute - 001

1. Off Topic in dispute - 001

09-19-2019, 11:36 PM
    And since we are talking about good guy Roy, you gotta watch this. Very impressive for a life long video game player.

Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Likes Snowflake, Marcade, Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 09-20-2019, 12:39 AM
    damn. got alpiggerred again.

3. 09-20-2019, 12:40 AM
    Attachment 97364
    ​
    so strange!!

4. 09-20-2019, 09:15 AM
    And now a quick commercial break...

...OK, carry on. Back to your regularly scheduled program: "The Road to Humiliation"
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  5. 09-20-2019, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    damn. got alpiggerred again.
    Okay, I'll bite. What does the esoteric term mean? Story behind it?
    Likes datagod liked this post
  6. 09-20-2019, 08:56 PM
    Mark Alpiger runs a very old website http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php

It used to be the hottest spot for arcade discussions, but the moderation got really out of control. If you say something even slightly off topic, your post would be removed from that thread, and put into a thread all on its own with a lenthy explanation why it happened.

The website is great for historical reasearch, but is pretty much a ghost town these days.

Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 09-22-2019, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Mark Alpiger runs a very old website http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php

It used to be the hottest spot for arcade discussions, but the moderation got really out of control. If you say something even slightly off topic, your post would be removed from that thread, and put into a thread all on its own with a lenthy explanation why it happened.

The website is great for historical reasearch, but is pretty much a ghost town these days.
    Hehe, the moderation was fun at times. They'd use tactics of blanket-banning entire IP ranges - an attempt to silence individuals known to be using particular ISPs. I lost access for long enough to give up after they blanket-banned the a swathe of IP ranges used by the UK's biggest ISP. Wasn't me. ;)
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  8. 09-22-2019, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Hehe, the moderation was fun at times. They'd use tactics of blanket-banning entire IP ranges - an attempt to silence individuals known to be using particular ISPs. I lost access for long enough to give up after they blanket-banned the a swathe of IP ranges used by the UK's biggest ISP. Wasn't me. ;)
    Same exact thing happened to me too. (Everyone who lived in the state of Nevada) Its obvious...Do the math!!! ;)
Join us