GUINNESS GAMERS EDITION SNUBS TWIN GALAXIES AGAIN

1. 10-03-2019, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    alot of time theorizing, but little time researching. as always wanting others to read your million paragraph long comments when you cant be bothered to read their much shorter ones. Had you actually spend a few moments you would've seen speedrun is still invovled, so the long winded post about guiness possibly not wanting anything to do with video games just tells me you are yet again having more fun talking than listening. speculation over research. speculations is fine AFTER you did at least a little leg work and got some facts to speculate with. No wonder you wiped out so many valid scores back in your day and why you fought so hard to prevent the atari pal/ntsc split, still havent learned your lesson. still making the same mistakes of guesses that take an hour to write over reading others comments that takes minutes

you should be happy though. maybe TG took you advice to end the guiness relationship. You know, when you demanded walter end the relationship with guiness unless they join you vendetta against roy. oh wait, you were banned for that and advice not taken, never mind.
    He cant help it. He is imperious and corrupt to this very day. Still thinks he is head ref...
    Once a <*****CENSORED BY ADMIN - TG POLICY VIOLATION*****>
    Last edited by TWIN GALAXIES; 10-03-2019 at 11:34 PM.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  2. 10-03-2019, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY ...\Who the heck appointed you the person who determines who can and cannot post to the TG forum and under what circumstances ? A certain other gamer seemed to self-appoint themselves to that same elevated status not long ago so at least you are in similar company.

As for the (1-1) track the concept itself was unofficially created decades ago from anecdotal discussions with Billy and Chris who recounted the best that they had accomplished at the beginnings of their game. Adding that challenge to the TG database was simply creating a benchmark for others to follow, and I can't remember at this point which referee added it to the TG database and when.

If you don't like my posts, I suggest you petition Jace Hall to do something about it.
    oh the irony. the guy who still thinks he's chief ref, telling people how to vote, lying about the old rules of space invaders on atari vcs/2600 to wrongly influence that vote, including saying he would never vote that way even though he did on another submission, trying to create policy, and yes even trying to remove people.

but why would marc run to jace over every little thing, you're the tattle tale that can stand it when people call out your b.s.

and finally marc wasnt as explicit but i know why he brough up donkey kong 1-1, because you previously lied claiming you invented it and then were called out. just another in a long list of trying to convince people you were more helpful then you were. oh you had a huge effect for sure, but thats not to say it was a positive effect.

go back to wiping out tracks that you dont like and rounding down fake scores to destory the evidence -- oh wait, you're not allowed to
    Roy was Right
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  3. 10-03-2019, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    He cant help it. He is imperious, and still thinks he is head ref...Once a RaTMoron, always a RaTMoron.
    Why engage him? He was supposed to be Gone for Good wasn't he? Now he wants you to "petition" Jace about his posts aka tattletale like he does every time he feels threatened. You're better than this Marc.
    The Fisher King
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake liked this post
  4. 10-03-2019, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    He cant help it. He is imperious and corrupt to this very day. Still thinks he is head ref...
    Once a RaTMoron, always a RaTMoron.
    lol we were typing at the same time, i made a similiar point. seriously, dude was banned back in the day, but he thinks now that he's back he's chief ref again? sigh, i guess he only likes the old tg way when it puts him on top, but is shockingly modernized and willing to get with the times when it invovles ignoring the parts he didnt like such as being banned

dont worry, he got himself banned before, its only a matter of time till this trouble maker does it again
    Roy was Right
    Likes Marcade, Desidious liked this post
  5. 10-03-2019, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Why engage him? He was supposed to be Gone for Good wasn't he? Now he wants you to "petition" Jace about his posts aka tattletale like he does every time he feels threatened. You're better than this Marc.
    Is that dinosaur roaring again? No surprise, he simply cant handle the facts and the truth, whenever called out on his own BS.

Name:  image.png
Views: 104
Size:  301.7 KB
    Last edited by Marcade; 10-03-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    Likes Snowflake, Desidious liked this post
  6. 10-04-2019, 08:21 AM
    If anyone is upset that their records are no longer listed in Guinness, I suggest reaching out to them via Email and politely informing them why you disagree with their decision. Also let them know you won't be purchasing their books because you don't seem to be their target audience.

Now if people are upset and they have not bought a book in years, I suggest they kindly go back to playing video games and having fun. You can't expect a book publisher to care what you think when you are not even a customer.

There are so many BAGs that I am losing faith in humanity.

*BAG = Broke Ass Gamer
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks Desidious thanked this post
    Likes Desidious liked this post
  7. 10-04-2019, 09:17 AM
    Attachment 98667

I keep trying to donate to this track but for some reason it says it's already fully funded. when can we start submitting scores to this track? by the way I love the app it's just that it has a really weird behaviour when it comes to forum posts. release the source code let us fix it.
    ​
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

8. 10-04-2019, 09:19 AM
    Watch Last Night with John Oliver about Berdimuhamedow. It's on YouTube. They have a episode about how Guinness is mostly in the business of charging rich customers big time money to officiate records at this point.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  9. 10-04-2019, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY -

1:
    as usual "Marcade" has his head up his you-know-what and can't resist bashing my comments. That's his problem and there are solutions for that...they cost $200+ an hour, require you to lie down on a couch and tell the shrink your problems. I suggest you book an appointment, at least a few. MY "creep obsessions with Mitchell ?? You're at the top of the list of creepy when it comes to your own reactions to my posts, "Marcade".

2:
    Who the heck appointed you the person who determines who can and cannot post to the TG forum and under what circumstances ? A certain other gamer seemed to self-appoint themselves to that same elevated status not long ago so at least you are in similar company.

3:
    If you don't like my posts, I suggest you petition Jace Hall to do something about it.

MARCADE's REPLIES:

1) Is that how much shrinks costs nowadays? And that includes a couch too? Wow...Amazing and impressed that you would know that, but not surprised. Were you forced to sell all your CREEPY P.O.R.N. art work, to pay for the past 20 years of therapy? Here is an Idea...Forward all the bills, to all your past friends who put you there, like...Roy, Walter, Stilphen, Forgetti, the Pokemon Go Club, and your "latest lover" who wears the USA tie and plays Donkey Kong.

2) You may post as much, and as often as you like. No one, including me, is stopping you from embarassing and humiliating yourself!

3) Wrong again... I love your false assumptions, conspiracy theories, and other hatred BS you spout out... How else can I be amused by you??? Please keep them coming before you are GFG once again! Hate to wait another 30 days...Thanks once again for the laughs!!!

- Brandon
    Last edited by Marcade; 10-04-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 10-08-2019, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    For clarity, GWR is in the book publishing business, which as you know is a very challenging business these days - so they are going to put content in their book that they feel will help to sell it. Their decisions on what content they need will vary from year to year based on what they want to emphasize. It's up to them.
    That being said, would TG consider advocating for classic gaming content to be included in the book? I think the business case is there, but I think our scene gets lost in the glare of the bigger and shinier gaming content platforms. Sure, I suppose a number of us could write Guinness individually and make the case that there's a small but vocal classic video game community that would love to snap up some copies if they'd throw a couple of pages our way, but I suspect a casual check in from you or David Hawksett and a casual plug about aging Gen Xers with some cash in their pocket might have more impact. For me personally, it's just seeing the content there and given a little visibility in that gaming ecosystem that would push many of us over the edge to purchase a copy. Now, I'm content with checking out the library if I'm really curious, or thumbing through a copy at the book store display.

EDIT: I see that there is some old school content from subsequent posts, but speedrun gets a lot of promotion as with the 2019 edition. While it may be "up to them," I'd be surprised if speedrun didn't do a little promotion to get into Guinness' field of vision. So far, the passive approach has led to diminishing visibility in the publication.

I recall your interest in addressing this trend when it became starkly visible with the 2018 edition, and the proposal that TG would take a more active approach overall in promoting TG achievements in its own publication, much in the same way that TG did before the Guinness relationship.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/jace-ha...nd-other-items

My own thinking that a little soft advocacy with Guinness for a page or two of classic content would be a lot cheaper than a TG-specific publication, but be that as it may, is the TG pub still part of your overall plan?

PS: Wouldn't taking a more active approach with Guinness potentially raise TG's visibility in the gaming space, and thereby generate more traffic to the site, growing the user base, etc? I think the non-economic aspect of the relationship can remain - just mutual promotion for each on their respective platforms.
    Last edited by The Evener; 10-08-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us