Dispute: Patrick Stanley - Nintendo Wii Virtual Console - Columns - Sega Genesis / Mega Drive - Points - Player: Ryan Genno - Score: 133,010

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Patrick Stanley - Nintendo Wii Virtual Console - Columns - Sega Genesis / Mega Drive - Points - Player: Ryan Genno - Score: 133,010

09-26-2019, 09:38 AM
    Nintendo Wii Virtual Console - Columns - Sega Genesis / Mega Drive - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=24003
    Rules
    Arcade Mode, Normal Difficulty [Via the Options Menu]
    Special Rules: You may freely choose your Starting Level. Continues are NOT allowed!
    Player Name
    Ryan Genno
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=209890
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2019-09-26
    Disputed Score
    133,010 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Blackflag82
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Opening a dispute on this largely because I have questions about the validity of this type of submission in this track. There are certainly others with more expertise in this area, so I'll let them discuss the issues in more depth. Based on the thread in the submission though, it seems like there are some potential issues there that should be ironed out and ruled upon by admin.
  2. 09-26-2019, 10:28 AM
    A Sega Genesis ROM is loaded, not the Wii Virtual Console .wad of the game. If the .wad was loaded, then this wouldn't be an issue.

The emulator would run the ROM as close to a Sega Genesis would, not how the Wii would run it.
    I believe the Wii Virtual Console at times has a different frame rate than an accurate emulator would.

I understand that this may be like an Everdrive, but let's keep the file types the same.

Examples:
    NES Everdrive - .rom
    Gamecube Nintendont - .iso
    Wii Virtual Console - .wad

Voting yes.
    Score should be removed.
    Thanks Blackflag82 thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, Fly liked this post
  3. 09-26-2019, 12:49 PM
    Voting yes, this performance belongs on Gen/Emu, not VC.
    Likes Fly, Marcade liked this post
  4. 09-26-2019, 01:27 PM
    The Wii Virtual Console as a Twin Galaxies platform was used to represent the specific set of games from Nintendo for the Nintendo Wii which Nintendo branded as the Virtual Console (Virtual Console brand also used on other Nintendo platforms). While they used emulation, this entire platform was for that specific set of games serviced via Nintendo's own store.

The game played is using a "generic" emulator which is not from Nintendo. Such a game play would come under Genesis/MegaDrive platform using an EMU-prefixed track.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes Fly, Marcade, jmb liked this post
  5. 09-26-2019, 01:30 PM
    Just as an aside: if you don't own a Nintendo Wii with the specific Wii Virtual Console game already in your account, then there is no method to compete with the scores under this platform. If you happen to stumble across someone else's Wii which has the Virtual Console game downloaded you then have the correct version (and probably rare opportunity) to compete on this specific track.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  6. 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM
    This is a emu score period. Valid dispute.
    Likes Fly liked this post
  7. 09-26-2019, 01:56 PM
    although in theory i wouldnt mind seeing all emu be thrown in together, thats not how things are now. Also, if anything i'd advocate allowing virtual console to be submitted under emu, however the reverse is not true, cant submit emu under virtual console. you know emu is general, whereas raspberry pie, virtual console, nes mini,.... are all specific examples. so although anyone of them is arguable emu, the reverse is not true, emu on a computer can be submitted to this or nes mini...

Think about the precedent set here, would you really want people submitting this to genesis mini for example (if this title will be on it or not is not the point).

When nes mini was first added my complaint was it should be merged with emu. jace made very clear emu submission to it wouldnt be allowed, this is no different.

since ryan defended his position, we cant be sure it was blind voting, maybe voters really agreed with him, but i see this as blatant rules violation
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes Fly liked this post
  8. 09-26-2019, 02:31 PM
    Valid dispute. How on Earth did this ever get through?
    Thanks Blair Weston thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, Fly liked this post
  9. 09-26-2019, 02:57 PM
    I'm sorry things happened this way but I believe the rules were designed for players using console emulation on their pc and not virtual console compared to virtual console emulation. I didn't use any of the cheats or save states plus it was running at the correct speed as well during my run so hopefully that is played into account here.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
  10. 09-26-2019, 03:31 PM
    Ryan help me understand your logic here. cause it seems like you're contradicting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    I'm sorry things happened this way but I believe the rules were designed for players using console emulation on their pc and not virtual console compared to virtual console emulation.
    Exactly, you're saying all these things are different right? so if anything this is an argument in favor of treating all emulation differently. And pc emulation is different than virtual console how can we do anything but reject?

Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    I didn't use any of the cheats or save states plus it was running at the correct speed as well during my run so hopefully that is played into account here.
    So taking the first half of your comment into account, i'm not understanding this part. I mean, if you use no cheats or save states and correct speed on popeye, but submit it as donkey kong it'll be rejected. Once we establish this is the wrong track, I dont see how anything else becomes relevant.

the only relevance i see to no cheating, is that well, you shouldnt be banned or stripped. but since noone is calling for such punishment, the call is just to have the score removed i'm just not seeing the relevance there.

if i'm misunderstanding your logic please elaborate
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us