Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 04-16-2020, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hi Francois:

Before I joined TG in 2001, there was a version of MAME which I was told was referred to as "MAME 35 TG3" or something like that.

As I recall, it was developed specifically for TG for the express purpose of having selected Williams titles set for TG settings or something to that effect. I knew very little of it although I do remember using it at some point back in the pre-2001 era.

Being that TG and Billy were so intertwined back then, is it remotely possible that back-in-the-day yet another alternate version of MAME was designed...one specifically commissioned by Billy...for his own personal usage inclusive of concatenating performances (i.e. save state) ?

Robert
    Yes exactly, in one of the links I have posted are even the "program code snippets" and where to change it so that refresh rate can be faster or slower. Such also when the monitor sync happens with the game.
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  2. 05-03-2020, 04:56 AM
    How long have you been playing Twin Galaxies? And how long have you been a member of this forum? I am an old player. I even cannot remember when exactly I started playing it. I think it has been several years for sure. But I am new to this forum. I am from https://areaphonecodes.com/united-states/561. And where are you from? I see a lot of interesting topics are discussed here.
    Last edited by grizzlymm; 05-04-2020 at 08:10 AM.
  3. 05-03-2020, 08:21 AM
    In this day and age, legal threats are considered to be such a great enough threat that it usually doesn't come to that. It seems Billy is hoping that with enough legal saber rattling, he'll convince Twin Galaxies to reverse their decision.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks francoisadt thanked this post
  4. 05-03-2020, 08:07 PM
    I agree Grizzlymm, it doesn't make a lot of sense to threaten legal action on the basis of what they ultimately presented, but as Lauren Tyler pointed out, sabre-rattling to achieve an outcome (reversal of TG's decision) without actually involving the courts could be at least one factor in the mix. Mitchell's repeated hints over the course of 17 months following TG's April 2018 decision that he would take action to prove his innocence was likely another factor to "follow through" lest his supporters grow skeptical of his claims. Looking back on the events that followed the release of the "Evidence Package" in September 2019, one consequence (based on my anecdotal observations) is that the number of people from the classic arcade scene who previously supported his claims (or at least gave him the benefit of the doubt) has declined. This was due to his cumulative failure to address the technical evidence as well as his dramatically revised accounts of non-controversial past events or evidence offered in the course of the original dispute, which further undermined his credibility.
    Last edited by The Evener; 05-03-2020 at 09:08 PM.
  5. 05-03-2020, 08:22 PM
    its amazing how often people forget what a bluff is

"why would he do that, if hes guilty he'd suffer so much, only an innocent man would do that, the only way a guilty man would do that is if hes an idiot, is he an idiot"
    "no, a guilty man would do that because he'd know you'd say the above and give him a pass"

a bluff, thats how it works. you purposely make a bad move knowing your opponent would figure no way you'd make a bad move and falsely assume its a good move

also, for someone in desperation mode, buying a few more weeks of beliving among the true believers is better than giving up and having zero weeks of belief.

the problem is trying to analyze this legally and scientifically while ignoring the psychological element. Walter, Billy and no doubt some of their friends are psychological geniuses. They are wayyy out of all of our leagues in that domain.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes Lauren Tyler liked this post
  6. 05-04-2020, 12:34 PM
    Aaaand now he's gone ahead and filed his lawsuit. Here we go again...
    Lauren Tyler
  7. 05-04-2020, 12:40 PM
    Anyone do have the link to his lawsuit document?

Francois du Toit
  8. 05-04-2020, 12:41 PM
    Ask and you shall receive.

https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Mitchell-Complaint.pdf
    Last edited by Lauren Tyler; 05-04-2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Document located.
    Thanks francoisadt, grinder2112, Von Krieger thanked this post
  9. 05-04-2020, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    So this is then not about the records that were wrong but on public image and defamation?

Previously there was a very long document focusing on the validity of removing his scores.
    So now the focus is different? So I understand the context and focus have moved?

...Maybe a first step.. towards his bigger plan..

Francois du Toit
  10. 05-04-2020, 12:53 PM
    What concerns me is that he might ask those involved in the dispute to testify. Which means I'd have to travel a long distance.
    Lauren Tyler
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Join us