Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 08-03-2020, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    I know this is going back 10 years, but do you recall the context of these flurry of calls? Were they specifically calling you to perform some task such as to write up an article? To gauge your reaction as a referee? With the different people calling you, were they taking turns to see if they could secure your acceptance of a "live verification" of the Boomer's score with Todd as chief evangelist?

I was also curious about Mitchell's Donkey Kong Jr - was that score explicitly discussed alongside his DK score on the phone?
    The Monday before the Big Bang event, Mitchell called. I sent it to voicemail at the time, which had him promising a "big scoop" to me.

When I called him back he told me of the whole Boomer's story, full of his typical... bravado. He wanted me to run an article about it on Examiner.com, which was a place I was freelancing apart from my role at the time of a Division Manager here (previously known as "Deputy Chief Referee").

I agreed, taking down all the info. In the piece, I noted that the scores were "pending approval and recognition by Twin Galaxies".

He called back a couple hours later and asked to see the piece before I ran it. And I broke from my typical refusal to do such a thing and let him. He told me then to remove that part, stating that the "score is official. Todd witnessed it".

That changed the whole thing into a series of calls that were apparently only supposed to be listen only. Each call had different people on it... with BM giving instructions to everyone as to how the story was going to go out there. I couldn't get a word in on any of them to raise my objections at that point... which were that they were NOT "official" and that Todd witnessing them was irrelevant given his status at TG at that point (see above).

So finally... at around 11pm... some 6 hours or so after the first phone call, I tried to interject in a call that had Mitchell, Walter, Sanders and Todd on it to enough of a point where Sanders - who I always liked personally - called me on his own moments later. I told him of my concerns, how I can't say they are official just based on that - especially given my role here at the time - and he said he'd tell the others.

I woke up to an early morning email from Walter saying they "changed their mind about my article" and outlined the Big Bang press conference thing instead. I informed David and Pete of those plans the next day and that's when the whole next part started.

To sum up... Mitchell and friend were trying to Jedi Mind Trick me into writing an article to announce the score as official, legit and recognized despite the fact that it wasn't even in the submission queue, much less in the database, and allegedly only witnessed by people who could not adjudicate at that time anyway.

Morningdove was NOT mentioned to me on a single one of those calls. It was always "Todd saw it!"
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  2. 08-03-2020, 01:32 PM
    We're reaching the point with this whole thread now where I want to note a source of constant frustration over the years on this topic - and a variety of other topics - that seems to stem only from the TG-centric crowd.

I've stated for years and I'm certain this thread previously discussed this... but now things are being noted that seem to ignore the past information. I highly suggest reading things in full from time to time to help.

I wasn't happy with the whole damn thing. It was at that time - toward the end of the event - that Pete pulled me aside. Pete was the guy who made the call to "post the scores and shut him up" in the first place (and to answer another question, the scores were entered right there at the Big Bang event with about ten of us at the computer, so 'who entered it' is irrelevant. We were doing as told).

When Pete pulled me aside he told me what I was to say, reminding me that I was under an NDA with him... and varying from the 'official stance' would be seen as a violation of said NDA. That would open me up to not only forfeiture of my paycheck for working the Big Bang event but possible other legal issues.

Money was tight for the Patterson family at the time and a Donkey Kong story paled in comparison importance-wise, so I bit my lip and said "what I was supposed to" to quell any concerns.

When Pete took 4.5 months to pay us 20 percent of what he'd promised us for working the event, it led to my resignation. I was upset about the money AND the fact that I was coerced into helping this BM BS only to end up without most of it anyway. I resigned in January 2011 and my last day was February 28.

I've stated this story for years, so to not factor it in how is being willfully ignorant or demonstrating a lack of reading comprehension and retention.

When Pete sold TG, the NDA was no longer valid. I went public with this story and have told it so many times I feel like Kup from the 1986 Transformers movie. It's old news.

One must understand the difference between Brand PSP and.... just me. If you can't... then please hold questions.

As I said, I have no dog in this hunt. I have no interest in TG or Mitchell or high scores or anyone here, quite frankly. Haven't in many, many years now. I'm only interested in seeing the truth prevail and that's what me and Jace chatted about before he helped me recover my password and come here to add context.

I will only add said context from here. Not playing the reindeer games.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
    Thanks Barthax, ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes The Evener, grinder2112, ersatz_cats liked this post
  3. 08-03-2020, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP View Post
    We're reaching the point with this whole thread now where I want to note a source of constant frustration over the years on this topic - and a variety of other topics - that seems to stem only from the TG-centric crowd.

I've stated for years and I'm certain this thread previously discussed this... but now things are being noted that seem to ignore the past information. I highly suggest reading things in full from time to time to help.

I wasn't happy with the whole damn thing. It was at that time - toward the end of the event - that Pete pulled me aside. Pete was the guy who made the call to "post the scores and shut him up" in the first place (and to answer another question, the scores were entered right there at the Big Bang event with about ten of us at the computer, so 'who entered it' is irrelevant. We were doing as told).

When Pete pulled me aside he told me what I was to say, reminding me that I was under an NDA with him... and varying from the 'official stance' would be seen as a violation of said NDA. That would open me up to not only forfeiture of my paycheck for working the Big Bang event but possible other legal issues.

Money was tight for the Patterson family at the time and a Donkey Kong story paled in comparison importance-wise, so I bit my lip and said "what I was supposed to" to quell any concerns.

When Pete took 4.5 months to pay us 20 percent of what he'd promised us for working the event, it led to my resignation. I was upset about the money AND the fact that I was coerced into helping this BM BS only to end up without most of it anyway. I resigned in January 2011 and my last day was February 28.

I've stated this story for years, so to not factor it in how is being willfully ignorant or demonstrating a lack of reading comprehension and retention.

When Pete sold TG, the NDA was no longer valid. I went public with this story and have told it so many times I feel like Kup from the 1986 Transformers movie. It's old news.

One must understand the difference between Brand PSP and.... just me. If you can't... then please hold questions.

As I said, I have no dog in this hunt. I have no interest in TG or Mitchell or high scores or anyone here, quite frankly. Haven't in many, many years now. I'm only interested in seeing the truth prevail and that's what me and Jace chatted about before he helped me recover my password and come here to add context.

I will only add said context from here. Not playing the reindeer games.
    In my search for wording on the time of the score, everyting psp says here is veriable, or rather its at least verifiable that he himself was publicly saying it at the time, so his story is consistent and people would've had time then to argue
    https://web.archive.org/web/20100928...ong-contenders

more useful than the article on contenders is a comment in the comment section
    Name:  image.png
Views: 238
Size:  31.5 KB
    the contender article also has a link to a non existing article about billys score (even non existent on wayback) telling me that yes, the other article was in fact not written.

so i definitly want to explictly acknowledge Patrick has been consistent in this. Even at the time its clear he chose not to write an article he previously planned to write, and it seems completely reasonable to me to take his word on the matter that the reason is he objected to the wording he would have had to use. I totally respect that when he wasnt allowed to tell the truth due to an nda, but he also didnt want to lie, the only option was to remain silent.

these compliments/acknowledgements aside though while strongly supporting Patrick's sincerity on the matter still doesnt change that we have plenty of evidence that yes todd could still verify scores as chief evangelist.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes datagod, ersatz_cats liked this post
  4. 08-03-2020, 02:38 PM
    [snip]

I woke up to an early morning email from Walter saying they "changed their mind about my article" and outlined the Big Bang press conference thing instead. I informed David and Pete of those plans the next day and that's when the whole next part started.

To sum up... Mitchell and friend were trying to Jedi Mind Trick me into writing an article to announce the score as official, legit and recognized despite the fact that it wasn't even in the submission queue, much less in the database, and allegedly only witnessed by people who could not adjudicate at that time anyway.

Morningdove was NOT mentioned to me on a single one of those calls. It was always "Todd saw it!"
    This situation is fascinating. So if I understand the context you've outlined correctly, Mitchell called about this scores, you drafted an article, he reviewed it and then wanted it to reflect language that it was official and verified by Todd. If for argument's sake you accepted Mitchell's revisions, were you primed to post it ASAP on Examiner.com in advance of the Big Bang, or was there talk of an "embargo" where you would post it after the awards ceremony, for example?

Could you share what you recall as the internal review process/workflow at TG for a "live verified" score? If I was a Chief Referee, and I witnessed a high score and I didn't really alert anyone internally to the arrangement, did I still have the authority to sit down at a computer, log into the TG and post the score? I ask because the whole exchange in this case would have been simplified if you were asked to write an article on a verified score already in the DB.
    Likes Snowflake, ersatz_cats liked this post
  5. 08-03-2020, 06:59 PM
    @ersatz_cats in looking up todd stuff i stumbled on many other things, including a few points on morning dove. I dont think you found these, i read your whole post and read it again just before making this post so my apologies if you did catch this and i just missed you catching it

august 2008 is the first time the ref list showed her. yet in may of the same year she was listed as past alumni
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...111#post635111

what i find interesting, is she was a past alumni then, but we also know a future ref. is it possible she was there at 2003 briefly, left, and came back later in 2008? that could go along way to explaining the gap.

two june of 2008 posts also list her as being a ref, though that merely shows the 2008 update was late and she missed one update tops so doesnt help her case for 2003 much. also its mentioned in a more casual setting, all the refs getting together, so for someone who wanted to argue wording one could argue she was just viewed as part of the group of refs do to being close to the refs, i'm not gonna waste time arguing either position on that, but still thought the links may be of some small value
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...dom-Blog/page2
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...706#post667706
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes datagod, ersatz_cats liked this post
  6. 08-03-2020, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    My only point is that your comment "Fact of the matter is, BM thinks he's a professional speaker "
    makes a claim that it is a fact that billy thinks X. I am not a trained public speaker, but I have been watching Scott Adams podcast for about 3 years now. I bought his book Loserthink, and now I enjoy pointing it out when I see it.
    For someone who considers himself a public figure, constantly thinks highly of himself, and always puts himself out there, I don't think it's too far-fetched to make such an assumption. Regardless, you once stated that you don't like how people are attacking him on here because they are scared to face him without the mob mentality, or something like that. Well, I have been communicating with a "Billy Mitchell" on YouTube who approached me on one of his propaganda videos. I don't know if it's actually him, but the mannerisms seem similar. Would you happen to have any knowledge on whether he has actually has an account? I have a few comments in a previous post.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 08-03-2020 at 10:40 PM.
  7. 08-04-2020, 12:41 PM

Funny that you didn't seem to care about a NDA when you made that "Why I No Longer Support Twin Galaxies" video on your YouTube channel. You know the video where you publicly bashed Pete for every reason but money or Billy Mitchell.
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake liked this post
  8. 08-04-2020, 01:04 PM
  9. 08-04-2020, 02:58 PM
    As I said, I have no dog in this hunt. I have no interest in TG or Mitchell or high scores or anyone here, quite frankly. Haven't in many, many years now.
    Yet...Here you are.
    Amused as always!

If only you could "sell" your BS above Billys', then MAYBE one day you can move on, and end your life long jealousy of him.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 08-04-2020, 03:19 PM
    as much as i'd like to make things NOT about character and more about facts, since lets face it, biased doesnt mean wrong, as i was digging i found other things that shouldnt be ignored

remember, psp claims from some secret meeting that only he knew about and fly in the face of all other documenation including his own prior comments. but sure this secret meeting could've happened. and so now sadly we're stuck with "who do you trust", the mountains of evidence chief evangelists could verify or patricks word on his secret meeting that apparently even other refs knew about as we can see by the later comments showing they thought todd could verify they just went about it the wrong way.

now before i get into this i wanna point out i hate doing so knowing full well this will get me declared biased. I HATE how everyting is about "well that person hates me" as opposed to the facts. but here we have no facts only word and so yes bias matters

Can someone with a conflict of interest do the right thing? YES
    Can someone biased do the right ting? YES
    Can someone who has a reason to lie, tell the truth anyway? ABSOLUTELY YES

typically though with conflict of interest you declare it. its sad patrick felt the need to claim he has no reason to lie about this secret meeting only he can provide witnesses testimony
    https://www.scholarlygamers.com/feat...EtBozdx-MP38bA

He strongly suggests mitchel used his influence to interfere with Patrick's career. Well my goodness, thats pretty huge. Again, doesnt mean patrick wont tell the truth, but its certainly something that should've been disclsed instead of claiing no reason to lie

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c4&oe=5F4DB19D

further its interesting in there he points out mitchel over promoted and his accomplishments arent as amazing as made sound, possibly removed competitors scores, and yes even that the proper proedures like "no direct feed allowed" were violated in billy's submission. what amazes me is that this detailed write up of all mitchel's sins somehow leaves off todd wasnt allowed to be a ref.

and sure why not i'll declare my conflict of interest. I've felt personally slighted how jealous patrick was of some minor attention i got over minor records. so you know what, nothing i say about him i guess can be trusted. so dont trust, check out the links. i wonder if he'll make a simliar offer to provide simliar proof of his claims instead of just asking for trust.
    Last edited by Snowflake; 08-04-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Join us