Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 08-04-2020, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Just want to quick point out some posts that came from this very thread. Both of these posts there was no action taken when it came to banning people. No warning. No nothing.

Attachment 113690

Attachment 113691

Name calling and vulgar name calling was perfectly acceptable. Say that someone is jealous of someone else and that isn't acceptable.
    The increase in moderation is moving forward effort.
    It's no secret to anyone that moderation for the last 5 years has been extremely lax when it should not have been. We are correcting it now. The ongoing tolerance for nonsense is at zero.

And thank you for pointing this out. We will take a look at why the censorship filters are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    As mentioned previously, unfortunately things need to be tighten up around here. What happened in past comments is the past, and we are learning from our mistakes of letting too much slide. Moving forward we want to foster a constructive community. I say constructive because we recognize that not everything is going to be positive and there will be arguments/disagreements, but those can happen without flinging insults back and forth
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  2. 08-04-2020, 06:23 PM
    The increase in moderation is moving forward effort.
    It's no secret to anyone that moderation for the last 5 years has been extremely lax when it should not have been. We are correcting it now. The ongoing tolerance for nonsense is at zero.

And thank you for pointing this out. We will take a look at why the censorship filters are not working.
    I just think it's not a coincidence that since PSP came onto this thread after talking to Jace that suddenly the moderation has a zero tolerance policy. To me that seems a little shady.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  3. 08-04-2020, 06:25 PM
    marc didnt have to say psp would match billy in success, that may have been over the top, but his main point of jealousy was relevant as we're talking witness testimony and discussing credibiilty of witness.

sroka's comment similiar spoke to jealousy as the main point, but unlike marc, sroka's follow up provided an example of jealousy, albeit aimed at sroka and not billy so perhaps not immediately pertinent

if we're gonna have to be this careful in our wording i wonder the thread "more shenanigans with billy" will that simliarly be forced to have a name change? is calling it "shenanigans" crossing a line?

i was able to stay in line and simply post the reasons for my doubt on credibility, but i know i've been more emotional in other threads so i can understand others being a bit more emotional here. considering the theme of their comment was relevant, no swears or vulgar language was used, they simply made the mistake of going a bit in the wrong direction with their main point i think alot of antibilly will without doubt make the same misake in not long.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 08-04-2020, 06:54 PM
    I just think it's not a coincidence that since PSP came onto this thread after talking to Jace that suddenly the moderation has a zero tolerance policy. To me that seems a little shady.
    I wouldn't call it shady as much as the foresight to know a lot of **** digging was going to happen because of who it was. If Dave Hawksett or Rudy came back, the same digging would happen. Again, I'm curious as to what it was exactly that got Marc banned. From what I saw me calling someone a douche would have been more offensive than calling some jealous.
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  5. 08-04-2020, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Okay, clearly there was no love lost when OriginalPSP left TG.

His last forum post here was in 2014 just after the re-launch. Apparently he wasn't in a rush to come back.

According to his initial post

I guess we can double-check with Jace to see if that's true.

But is this the yardstick we're going to go with? "If you were pro-Mitchell in the past when part of TG staff, but critical of him today your word is mud." I can point to a few other high profile gamers who changed their view of Mitchell in a similar fashion.

Of all the things I've read about Mitchell over the last two years, a phone call between Mitchell and OriginalPSP leading up to the Big Bang event would have been at the bottom of the controversy scale.

I get that there's not a lot of goodwill towards OriginalPSP here. But as far as I can recall, he's the only ref from the Big Bang event that's weighed in directly here out of a photo that featured what, 5 or 6 refs? What he said about a pressure-filled decision process to accept Mitchell's scores was confirmed by David Nelson. Is it so outlandish that Mitchell could have called him to get some PR the Monday before the event, and then after several phone calls, Walter emailed OriginalPSP Tuesday morning to say that they were going to wait until the Big Bang? Mitchell specifically references this date in his own way during his Big Bang acceptance speech:

"It [The high scores] were something we were going to announce last Monday or Tuesday, but somebody smarter than me said the best place to announce it would be here."

From my vantage, it's less the information that's being shared here, but who's doing the sharing.

As you were.

Attachment 113685
    holy crap i must be biased (no sarcasm) thank you evener. there is indeed miscommunication that is at least partially my fault

i've been sitting back thinking "i dont get it evener is so logical whys he falling for this", only because its you did i question myself thinking i must be misreading or missing something. I tried to imagine what if it wasnt psp and someone else giving the same testimony, but nope pretty sure i'd draw the same conclusion. however, i've been rereading this thread and i'll be damned, rereading your comments made me realize i read them wrong the first time. now i'm sure people will tkae this admission and throw it in my face, but hey, i cant very well claim to be a truth seeker if i dont admit error

so while i completely misread you, and i totally admit that, its because i assumed you read my correctly so your responses i was reading in the wrong context. I want to be clear, of course i believe billy pressured psp. you'll notice i found where psp took the article down about the event, apparently too fast for wayback to even archive it, only evidence we have it all of the article is psp linking to it in his old tg comments, so that backs his story pretty well.

the part of his story i take issue with is his secret knowlege that chief evangelists werent allowed to referee scores. thats it. I have a problem with this new info that flies in the face of so much else, and that the only evidence for is his word whereas the evidence against is plentiful. I see now we were taling about different things. you were talking about the entire context of all of patrick's statement which set the theme that billy did things against procedure and pressured people to accept his violations. I also believe billy did things against procedure and presusred people to accept. its just this one particular procedure that i dont believe ever existed and so couldnt be violated.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Streetwize thanked this post
  6. 08-04-2020, 10:06 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/jace-ha...eration-update

It was actually back in December that Jace had brought up heavier moderation. In the months that followed his post we have received numerous complaints about toxicity in the community. We are now at a point where the borderline and 'mostly tame' behavior is not going to fly.

I take responsibility for allowing as much negative behavior through that I probably shouldn't have. Jace had always left it up to my discretion on how to handle a situation. As everybody knows, excessive moderation is not something that I enjoy doing but am force to do now because of the state the community.
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
  7. 08-04-2020, 10:11 PM
    It's just old wounds being opened again. Never does any good. Gamers appear to be like baseball players, we never seem to just let it go. It always comes back with a high fastball to the head at some point.
  8. 08-04-2020, 10:49 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/jace-ha...eration-update

It was actually back in December that Jace had brought up heavier moderation. In the months that followed his post we have received numerous complaints about toxicity in the community. We are now at a point where the borderline and 'mostly tame' behavior is not going to fly.

I take responsibility for allowing as much negative behavior through that I probably shouldn't have. Jace had always left it up to my discretion on how to handle a situation. As everybody knows, excessive moderation is not something that I enjoy doing but am force to do now because of the state the community.

That is why I am suspicious about all of this. Eight months ago Jace brought up heavier moderation but it was only acted upon once PSP made a deal (his words not mine) with Jace for what seems to be for protection from criticism and any arguments thrown his way. He was brought upon this thread per Jace's request for him to share his story. A story that contradicts his previous claims and has at least one provable lie which was about Todd being able to verify scores. We have both his previous forum posts and Marc's (one of the guys you just banned) testimony to back this up. Im going to assume Jace has access to see which ref verified what as part of the old database. If that is the case then all of this could easily be cleared up by checking that part of the database.

The other thing I don't get is that for a place that now suspiciously has a zero tolerance policy that they would bring in a person to testify knowing the person would get criticism and arguments. To me that seems like throwing gas on a fire and then fanning air into it. None of this makes a lick of sense.
    Thanks Snowflake, Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  9. 08-04-2020, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/jace-ha...eration-updateIt was actually back in December that Jace had brought up heavier moderation. In the months that followed his post we have received numerous complaints about toxicity in the community. We are now at a point where the borderline and 'mostly tame' behavior is not going to fly.I take responsibility for allowing as much negative behavior through that I probably shouldn't have. Jace had always left it up to my discretion on how to handle a situation. As everybody knows, excessive moderation is not something that I enjoy doing but am force to do now because of the state the community.
    That is why I am suspicious about all of this. Eight months ago Jace brought up heavier moderation but it was only acted upon once PSP made a deal (his words not mine) with Jace for what seems to be for protection from criticism and any arguments thrown his way. He was brought upon this thread per Jace's request for him to share his story. A story that contradicts his previous claims and has at least one provable lie which was about Todd being able to verify scores. We have both his previous forum posts and Marc's (one of the guys you just banned) testimony to back this up. Im going to assume Jace has access to see which ref verified what as part of the old database. If that is the case then all of this could easily be cleared up by checking that part of the database.The other thing I don't get is that for a place that now suspiciously has a zero tolerance policy that they would bring in a person to testify knowing the person would get criticism and arguments. To me that seems like throwing gas on a fire and then fanning air into it. None of this makes a lick of sense.
    I can assure you PSP's return and the increase in moderation have nothing to do with each other. Again, the reason for it is the collective growth of toxicity from the past months that has continuously turned off new members. We've reached a point that it's hindering growth. Something needed to change, because simply deleting comments and asking nicely did not.
  10. 08-04-2020, 11:07 PM
    Let's be honest here too... If this was a court of law and someone brought in a witness to testify that had provable holes in the statement the defense could prove intent of those provably false claims without being charged with contempt of court. The intent of jealousy hold water when you look at the fact he wrote an article stating he was mad Billy got booked over him (which Snowflake pointed out) and the fake DK killscreen (which Sroka pointed out). There is plenty of other examples but I rather just keep it to what has already been brought up on this thread.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Join us