Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 08-04-2020, 11:13 PM
    really unrelated, but you know whats weird? yiou know how comments across site show on in the shoutbox/side feed on the wall page? well kyles was the last comment from here to show up. after that no future comments made its way there

i'm actually not accusing anything. i mean yes for 3 seconds my thought was "oh man they're actually limiting exposure to this thread" but then i realized no way a change like that was made this fast. so it really is just peculiar. no complain really, just a really weird thing that caught my eye
    Lode Runner Champion
  2. 08-04-2020, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    I can assure you PSP's return and the increase in moderation have nothing to do with each other. Again, the reason for it is the collective growth of toxicity from the past months that has continuously turned off new members. We've reached a point that it's hindering growth. Something needed to change, because simply deleting comments and asking nicely did not.
    See I don't buy that either because community members have been telling you and warning you about one member's actions that tends to flood the TG wall and TG submissions with nonsense that is hindering growth. For at least three years now one member has drove away top level speedrunners and streamers because of his actions in the actual adjudication threads. A community member you even said you give special treatment to. I would also like to know what TG's definition of toxicity is as well. Since this definition seems to change a lot especially over the course of 8 months.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  3. 08-04-2020, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    See I don't buy that either because community members have been telling you and warning you about one member's actions that tends to flood the TG wall and TG submissions with nonsense that is hindering growth. For at least three years now one member has drove away top level speedrunners and streamers because of his actions in the actual adjudication threads. A community member you even said you give special treatment to. I would also like to know what TG's definition of toxicity is as well. Since this definition seems to change a lot especially over the course of 8 months.
    If recent bans are suggestive, then there's certainly "toxicity gang" of people that collectively show up in a thread together that have been negatively impacting TG forums for years.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 08-04-2020, 11:21 PM
    Let's be honest here too... If this was a court of law and someone brought in a witness to testify that had provable holes in the statement the defense could prove intent of those provably false claims without being charged with contempt of court. The intent of jealousy hold water when you look at the fact he wrote an article stating he was mad Billy got booked over him (which Snowflake pointed out) and the fake DK killscreen (which Sroka pointed out). There is plenty of other examples but I rather just keep it to what has already been brought up on this thread.
    i have to slightly correct you, while jealousy was brought up, my link did NOT show him jealous billy got a gig, but rather showed him blaming bily for his own gig being cancelled. He said he had no reason to lie, i'm saying that a belief billy tampered with his career is a reason, so if he's gonna try to claim no reason to lie, well i wouldnt have right off the bat said "look at this he has a motive to lie" i would instead gone after the statemetn itself, but since he planted the seed that he has no reason to lie it became relevant to show at least one of his reasons.

you guys went after jealousy as a reason, but my link showed his belief that billy attacked his career as another possible reason
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  5. 08-04-2020, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    If recent bans are suggestive, then there's certainly "toxicity gang" of people that collectively show up in a thread together that have been negatively impacting TG forums for years.
    I didn't know Sroka and Cohen were part of a gang.
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  6. 08-04-2020, 11:38 PM
    I didn't know Sroka and Cohen were part of a gang.
    Congratulations.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  7. 08-04-2020, 11:40 PM
    Congratulations.
    What does that even mean?
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  8. 08-04-2020, 11:43 PM
    i've gotta say i know i've been accused of "being in a gang" when its mutliple people on one side of an issue and one on the other. i feel this is slimy semantics since while techincally true -- alot of people have taken the same side, what are people supposed to do? if someone disagrees with someone else, then noone else is allowed to share their reason to disagreement less they be a gang member? the term ganging up while i concede can techincially work carries alot implication that are really annoying and false

whats extra weird here though, is the recent banning are sroka and marc. sroka is usually pretty silent. i cant imagine what gang it is sroka shows up in. and as the "recent bannings" are just those 2 people, i guess i shouldnt be sensitive as i'm obviously not in any sroka gang, but i'm still mystified
    Lode Runner Champion
  9. 08-04-2020, 11:46 PM
    What does that even mean?
    I thought you were laying out a contest on "most off-topic drivel posted without a ban".
  10. 08-04-2020, 11:52 PM
    I thought you were laying out a contest on "most off-topic drivel posted without a ban".
    Let's get back on topic here. I was addressing the bans issued in this thread. If you can provide any proof that the recently banned (Sroka & Cohen) were part of a "gang" that has been scaring off potential community members then I would like to see some proof.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Join us