Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 08-27-2020, 09:25 AM
    THIS Eloquently from David Race

"Critical to any defamation analysis is the issue of falsity, and the burden to prove that a published statement is false rests squarely with the plaintiff."
    from: BRYANT v. COX ENTERPRISES, INC. et al.; No. A11A0510. 2011
    Given the above, Billy Mitchell is the one who must prove the falsity of TG's statements that were published in their decision of April 12, 2018.
    In addition to that, if Billy disputes the truthfulness of the claim that arcade will not produce what is found on his 1,062 800 tape and 1,047,200 master tape, which he admits was in the possession of Robert Mruczek, then the burden of proof rests with him. In other words, Billy has to prove that arcade can, in fact, produce what is seen on those tapes. Asserting hypothetical possibilities, like I once did, and as Neil Hernandez continues to do, won't serve as evidence or proof.
    The fact some people may have seen him playing on a Donkey Kong machine, in no way proves that what is found on the tapes and recordings was produced by such exhibition gameplay. Also, despite denials by those seeking to help Billy, alternative hardware can be hooked up to an original Donkey Kong machine. Video evidence of this fact can be produced. In fact, I have linked to such a video on more than one occasion.
    And just so we are clear, if the games in question were not produced using original arcade hardware, that makes Billy Mitchell a cheater.
    Syllogism:
    1). If the games in question were not produced using original arcade hardware, that makes Billy Mitchell a cheater.
    2). The games in question were not produced using original hardware.
    3). Therefore, Billy Mitchell is a cheater.
    To escape the conclusion, the only premise that can be challenged is number 2, as everyone agrees with premise 1. Billy must actually show that original arcade hardware can produce what is found on the undisputed display footage of the 1,062,800 game, which was captured at the Big Bang on August 7, 2010, and the undisputed display footage from the 1,047,200 master tape from early 2006 shown in the residence of Robert Mruczek. If he cannot do this, the syllogism is sound and the conclusion inescapable: Billy Mitchell is a cheater.Name:  118500452_4956911887667532_7882417086345950105_o.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  82.8 KB
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, lexmark, Tompa, Barra, ersatz_cats and 1 others liked this post
  2. 08-27-2020, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris Memes View Post
    https://streamable.com/l924vl

Can we talk about how TG verified members are trash talking and telling us not to mention such and such like it's a secret?

I had to join to write about how delusional the person talking in this video is.

She said that Billy's lawyer has taken all of these lawsuits on pro bono in exchange for a percentage of his settlement earnings. Billy hired representation in California, Florida, and Australia. These are different law firms in different jurisdictions and countries. He doesn't just have the one lawyer who is doing everything.

She also claimed, as if it were a good thing, that Twin Galaxies / Jace Hall were deep in debt, had no money and no assets. That would be very, very, bad for any lawyer working on contingency. They aren't going to get paid if the person they are suing is destitute.

"Twin Galaxies has no assets, they are 8 million dollars in debts over his Echo Fox debacle, so yeah, he's got no personal assets. [...] Billy can do as many god damn lawsuits as he wants to because Billy Mitchell hasn't spent a cent yet and Jace has spent everything that he has and now he's in debt, and like Twins Galaxies is literally currently in debt. He has no money."

A case like this could easily cost six figures in billable hours. It probably already has, based on the location and the amount of filings. Jace might have a lawyer willing to work on contingency because the anti-slapp statute allows him to recover attorneys fees, but Billy most certainly does not. It would be very hard for a public figure to prevail on a dubious defamation claim. Even if Billy were to win, well, she said that Twin Galaxies has nothing to take. If the facts were as she claimed, his lawyers would get a percentage of nothing.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 08-27-2020, 12:11 PM
    "Twin Galaxies has no assets, they are 8 million dollars in debts over his Echo Fox debacle, so yeah, he's got no personal assets. [...] Billy can do as many god damn lawsuits as he wants to because Billy Mitchell hasn't spent a cent yet and Jace has spent everything that he has and now he's in debt, and like Twins Galaxies is literally currently in debt. He has no money.".
    Sounds like TG and myself are in big trouble!
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  4. 08-27-2020, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Sounds like TG and myself are in big trouble!
    You read that too, huh? Well, things are much cheaper here in small town Iowa. I'd recommend moving out this way. I got a nice little 1100sq ft place for about $68k if you want it. All brand new! Wait, nevermind. You're broke.

I had the same rumor happen to me two weeks ago, apparently I have so much gambling debt my wife and I don't own our house now, we can't afford the rent on the house we thought we owned, I am working off my gambling debt, and we can't afford the new house we are buying that closes in a few days. Somehow we skipped all that by the loan agent. Chump!!

If you need to talk @Jace Hall I've been there. You will get by, one day at a time.
    Likes SincerelyFranny, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 08-28-2020, 11:22 PM
    I have a question regarding Mitchells claim that he only submits LIVE scores. And not video taped scores.

My question is, in the below linked video Mitchells self confessed best friend and self confessed DK cheat Steve Sanders seems to say that

Mitchell "regrets" submitting a video taped score? Am I interpreting what he said correctly? Just asking.

4:01 in this video.........................................

john
    Likes The Evener, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 08-29-2020, 01:22 AM
    In regards to Apollo, he also had to sign over copyrights to those videos to Billy, and it looks like the Todd Rogers video was likely a 'we don't settle unless you give me ownership of that too' situation. It's a shame because that was a very detailed account of all the shenanigans Todd had pulled over the years. Well, it got several million views before being taken down anyway, so most people already know the story.

It's also a shame that a rich person can use lawsuits to bully people that can't afford costly lawyer fees and time off to defend yourself in court. It's incredibly abusive, and there needs to be serious reforms and protection against the rich silencing critics that aren't as well off.
    Thanks Maris Memes, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  7. 08-29-2020, 10:15 PM
    There has never been, and never will be, an "emulation board" that plugs into a Donkey Kong machine. There is no emulation hardware that plugs into original Donkey Kong machines. It's simply impossible for anything but legitimate hardware to have been put inside Billy Mitchell's machine.
    I had a meaty post typed out that points out how dubious Walter Day's testimony is, but despite saying my post was saved, it apparently doesn't load in refresh or token expiration, nor can I find any drafts. I'd love to be more informative but I'm not typing it up again a third time.

The short of it is that this is just Mr. Mitchell creating fake strawmen to strike down in an effort to redirect, misguide, and ultimately cover up the matter at hand. He's right that there is no MAME that plugs into Donkey Kong, but that doesn't mean anything. Nobody ever said he put MAME in his cabinet. It all hinges on the idea that Nintendo verified his hardware and he only plays DK on a cabinet. He also claimed to only submit live performances, but look at how that turned out. The evidence points to him using some sort of computer though. There is no MAME PCB nor MAME "hardware", but it's possible to make a MAME cabinet by buying a pi and hooking that up to a CRT with a few other wires and plugs. Putting MAME onto a PCB for just one game is pointless and impractical anyway; it'd be easier to make a new PCB with Donkey Kong on it. Also, it's possible to hook up anything to a DK cabinet with the right stuff. Arcade "machines" can still be converted to run other things within that cabinet. There is nothing that stops the hardware guys from being able to make them play other games.
    Lastly, I'd just like to recall that emulators are generally software, as is MAME. Emulating something in the form of imitation doesn't make it an emulator. Bootlegs and fan games good examples of what isn't an emulator. I'm sure DK bootlegs were made considering its popularity. Nothing dumped on MAME as far as I can tell even though there is a DK Junior bootleg. I do know someone in South America made a bootleg on Galaxian hardware called Big Kong. Regardless, even if BM played a bootlegged board it wouldn't carry any MAME signatures since it's still running off a PCB.
  8. 08-30-2020, 12:35 PM
    So the photo, which is a screenshot of the disclaimer used in every one of her "redemption" videos, says that she does NOT speak for Mitchell, his legal team or his family.
    But this youtube of the audio of her speaking, that David Race
    posted, says exactly the opposite! A two year pattern here being passed down to lemmings who are fans. These people don't want to know the truth and facts.

They only want their "friend" or obsession to win at all costs.
    Ironically there is two pictures of him in back of her as she states her disclaimer.
    EVERYTHING stated in this audio clip is NOT true.
    Nothing like batting a thousand on lying or being lied too.
    Caught red handed again!
    Name:  Screenshot_20200830-155618.png
Views: 294
Size:  1.68 MB
    Thanks The Evener, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  9. 08-30-2020, 02:41 PM
    Casey is once again just parroting BM's words. I'll just point out thia one bit of info I know.
    As far as the court record goes only Mr. Mitchell has stated that Jace wanted to exhaust his funds. It's in one of his conversations with a friend; can't recall which, though it seemed his claim was more like a guess than a certainty from what memory serves. Money draining is a common strategy in SLAPP lawsuits so I'll just let everyone settle with the irony for a moment. The BM I met on YouTube was also known to project, though words are also being put in Jace's mouth. Considering the immediate motion for anti-SLAPP it should be obvious TG didn't have any intentions to make this take any longer than necessary.
  10. 08-30-2020, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    I have a question regarding Mitchells claim that he only submits LIVE scores. And not video taped scores.

My question is, in the below linked video Mitchells self confessed best friend and self confessed DK cheat Steve Sanders seems to say that

Mitchell "regrets" submitting a video taped score? Am I interpreting what he said correctly? Just asking.

john
    Seeing that the claim has been abandoned, I think that speaks enough on its own. Though I read that statement the same way. I can see why he'd say such. What he did with his was indeed somewhat rude in contrast to the benevolence many say he has.
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Join us